Why it's faster and easier to make NO advanced restaurant reservations

SempreMare

1 hour ago, CCWineLover said:

3.  Trivia seems to vary from cruise to cruise that we have taken post COVID, possibly depending on the popularity.  We have seen it at 12:15 in the Star Theatre (for big crowds) and in afternoon.  We have seen it in Explorer's Lounge in afternoon, at 5:15, and also at 8:15.

I'm not sure they have standard times and let the ship CD and itinerary dictate.

looks accurate 

409890CD-4721-4A80-85B5-092FC05A4BD2.thumb.jpeg.9516c34aa9acc6c1efd70ee2b719eb52.jpeg

4C960432-FDE1-48EE-BE18-360E7391C8AB.jpeg

3 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Negative, sea legs is a reference to your ability to walk around on a moving ship without hitting bulkheads, falling, etc.

Having that sense of movement once ashore, I believe is from the inner ear. Usually clears fairly quickly. 

Mal de debarquement. . I get it badly. However I love rough seas. Just pay for it when I get back to land. I have to get grabbing on to solid structures to feel right. Inner ear issue. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Today reservations showed up for our cruise in May. I was able to select the two reservations for Manfredis and Chefs Table and did so just because I could. I might cancel these before we set sail anyway. Was able to book a table for 2 with most times available being a reasonable time of 7.30pm. Of course there was no option to select a night on any sea day, which comprises half the trip. So I booked the port that has the earlier departure. We like the sail away toast on an open deck. It doesn't bother me if we don't go to these at all, we enjoy the buffet, and the restaurant. It will be a hot weather cruise anyway with long excursions so usually appetite isn't that great. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pushka said:

We like the sail away toast on an open deck. It doesn't bother me if we don't go to these at all, we enjoy the buffet, and the restaurant.

We also feel this way. We like to eat around 6:00 and often that is the time of the sail away. Eating outside with food from the buffet during that time suits us well. 😊

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, millybess said:

We also feel this way. We like to eat around 6:00 and often that is the time of the sail away. Eating outside with food from the buffet during that time suits us well. 😊

In the winter in Norway?..

I always prefer to decide on any particular day where I want to eat that evening as I have no idea how I will be feeling and what I fancy eating.

Exceptions being birthdays and anniversaries for which I would book a speciality restaurant.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, sugarside said:

I always prefer to decide on any particular day where I want to eat that evening as I have no idea how I will be feeling and what I fancy eating.

Exceptions being birthdays and anniversaries for which I would book a specialty restaurant.

I generally agree with this, with the exception of Chef's Table. We like that experience very much, but have found that only selected menus appeal to us. So once on board, we will scan the menus there and book one if we are able. If not, there are plenty of good places to eat on board so we don't stress over it.

• Like 4