Coffee card no longer showing for pre-boarding purchase

CruzeQueen2

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

….We like to trade in our Mini bar for the coffee packages.  Not very happy if they take this perk away…..

We do the same thing and I had not even thought about also possibly losing that option until reading your message. That would be a huge peoblem for us.

If the coffee package is going away I will not be happy at all unless they’re reducing the per cup rate to something equivalent it I can’t recall the last time the price of anything was lowered so….

24 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

sorry if i cause confusion with the second thread but I thought it was important to try to get anyone onboard now to perhaps determine if the coffee package can be purchased onboard as suggested by the agent on the Princess 800 #. 

No worries.  Maybe the moderator can combine.  

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, ldtr said:

No the confusion was with all of the other waiters around the ship. The confusion was not with getting coffee, it was when ordering drinks not covered by the coffee package. They would look on their device and say that we had a package and canned soft drinks were not available only fountain.  I would then have to explain that no I did not have a drink package, only the coffee card, and then they would go get the drink.  Had a couple that did not mention anything just went and got a fountain soft drink.  I also noticed that I was not charged for a couple of alcoholic drinks so the confusion was not just with the soft drinks.  

This happened on 5 different cruises on 3 different ships (Crown, Ruby, Discovery) so it would seem  something systemic with how the coffee package is displayed on their devices.

They do seem confused.  There were a couple of new ones on the Crown, but they finally caught on. 😁

12 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

We do the same thing and I had not even thought about also possibly losing that option until reading your message. That would be a huge peoblem for us.

If the coffee package is going away I will not be happy at all unless they’re reducing the per cup rate to something equivalent it I can’t recall the last time the price of anything was lowered so….

Well, just think positive.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Galesa said:

Took us 4 orders to realise that soda in a can draws an extra charge ( over fountain soda)...must be more vigilant.....love to know the reason why - besides the obvious profit margin reason.

Quite galling really, having a package and not getting even close to the limit, to be charged extra for coke in a can.

As you wrote…it’s the profit margin…cheaper soda & no cans to recycle.

When in college our school service group ran the concession stand selling sodas…the cup & the fountain soda cost the group about the same amount.

I don’t like the soda dispensed through a bar gun which in my experience is much worse than from canned soda. And it’s likely a 12 Oz bar soda included in drink packages costs them a small fraction in comparison to a canned soda.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Galesa said:

Took us 4 orders to realise that soda in a can draws an extra charge ( over fountain soda)...must be more vigilant.....love to know the reason why - besides the obvious profit margin reason.

Quite galling really, having a package and not getting even close to the limit, to be charged extra for coke in a can.

The syrup in the gun drink is so much cheaper than a can. The no cans rule in the drink package has been around for quite a while 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, gottagocit said:

Surely they aren’t about to delete the cards and make you buy the premier or other drink package to get them! I will not be a happy camper if that is what we are seeing. 

I agree. I guess we will be bringing some 12 packs onboard. I would rather purchase the soda packages though. 

• Like 1

I was able to purchase the classic soda package just now.  We sail 2/25 on Discovery.  I was worried because I’m a big time Diet Coke girl.  I was going to buy it onboard with OBC but didn’t want to take the chance of it suddenly going away.  There is also a package called zero-alcohol drink package, see photo.  I’m not sure if this replaces the coffee cards.  I don’t drink coffee so I never paid attention to coffee cards or prices.

9179FCCF-9C61-4494-AC85-A80C95835E9E.jpeg

Edited by californiagirl

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

No worries.  Maybe the moderator can combine.  

FYI to all,

The two threads have been merged. This thread now shows all posts from both threads in post date/time order.

Host Kat

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, californiagirl said:

I just replied to the other thread about this.  Bottom line I was able to purchase the soda and more package just a few minutes ago.  There is a new coffee package.  See the photo I posted in the other thread.

The coffee package (card) referred to in the OP cost $38-39 for 15 specialty coffees which a coffee drinker would probably drink 1-2 per day. The ”Zero alcohol” package you’re referencing cost $47 per day.  Please explain why a coffee drinker would think that is a reasonable alternative?  THAT is the bottom line imo. 

Edited by gottagocit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gottagocit don’t bite my head off…I’m just the messenger sharing info!!  I agree if all you want is coffee that is a ridiculous price.

The price of the soda package is much higher than it used to be.  When we first cruised Princess in 2002 the cost for unlimited soda for a 7 day cruise $21 or $3/day.  That was a good deal.  It’s now $15.32/day.  If the soda package goes away and all they have is the zero alcohol package then I will buy my soda by the glass.

Edited by californiagirl
  • Like 2

If I came across that way I apologize as it was not my intention. My frustration was not directed at you. I was simply pointing out the disconnect in the attempt by Princess to replace the reactively inexpensive coffee card with the option you referred to. This new package doesn’t work for many passengers including my family. 

Many people don’t drink sodas or multiple alcoholic drinks per day. The beverage packages are not an option to those passengers as they simply want a couple coffees per day at a reasonable price. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Gottagocit.  I wonder if their intention is to push people into the plus and premier add ons.  If that is the case since I don’t drink alcohol I will just buy my sodas by the glass and get all canned Diet Cokes in my mini-bar set up.  I don’t want to pay extra for things I don’t need.  I don’t get the smoothies or juices.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, californiagirl said:

Thank you Gottagocit.  I wonder if their intention is to push people into the plus and premier add ons.  If that is the case since I don’t drink alcohol I will just buy my sodas by the glass and get all canned Diet Cokes in my mini-bar set up.  I don’t want to pay extra for things I don’t need.  I don’t get the smoothies or juices.

Can you buy soda by the glass? I thought they only sold it by the can. I could be wrong but that is how it was at one time.

Edited by Coral

1 hour ago, californiagirl said:

I was able to purchase the classic soda package just now.  We sail 2/25 on Discovery.  I was worried because I’m a big time Diet Coke girl.  I was going to buy it onboard with OBC but didn’t want to take the chance of it suddenly going away.  There is also a package called zero-alcohol drink package, see photo.  I’m not sure if this replaces the coffee cards.  I don’t drink coffee so I never paid attention to coffee cards or prices.

9179FCCF-9C61-4494-AC85-A80C95835E9E.jpeg

It is not available on my May sailing.

This is the offerings on my June 2nd cruise. None of the non alcoholic packages except a 6 pack of sodas or a 12 pack of water. 

I don't know why it says I may already have beverage packages. I had them in my cart but now they are gone. 

Screenshot_20230217_214607_Chrome.jpg

Edited by GrammyJill
Addition

Well, we were correct.  It seems that over the weekend they DID update pricing and either made an error and forgot to add the new packages for soda and coffee, or added it now after all the emails and calls.

Regardless, if you’re a coffee drinker, why would you want soda, smoothies, water and juices combined?  We only drink 1 or 2 coffees a day.  That is outrageously expensive for a coffee.  Multiply that times a 30 night cruise.

$2800 for the two of us for coffee? 

What about our exchange for the mini bar for Elites?  Very disappointing!

It’s not just a price increase…It’s a push for us to all buy the Plus/Premier packages.

I don’t see these packages on my bookings, as I’ve already purchased the coffee package.

Would like to know WHEN these zero alcohol packages are effective?  Does anyone know?

• Like 1

It looks as though, according to their website search, that these new packages are effective Feb 20, 2023?

Again, not clearly written.  Looks like old packages in effect Dec 2022-Feb 19, 2023.

Our Cruise Drink Packages – Variety at a Value

New Updates Dec 2022Plus Beverage Package Through February 19, 2023: View Plus Beverage Package Terms & Conditions No-Alcohol Drink Packages Zero-Alcohol Drink Package Zero-Alcohol Drink Package Previous Slide Next Slide Pause Photos Get Your Caffeine Fix Enjoy premium and specialty coffees and teas along with fountain sodas, fresh juices.

11 hours ago, ldtr said:

I have noticed an issue on some recent cruises where the coffee packages have caused some confusion when ordering drinks on board.  I usually have a coffee package, but do not get any other kind of drink package.  On my most recent 5 cruises on 3 different ships I found myself ordering a drink and having the waiter go oh you have a package followed by me having to explain to the waiters that no I did not have a package, only the coffee card. Found this out when ordering a soft drink by the can and the waiters tryng to explain that a can was not available with the package only the fountain.

So apparently there is an issue with how the coffee card was being shown, creating confusion.  During this time I noticed that I was not charged for some drinks.  So I would not be surprised if this might be a driver with what is happening.

Now the crew has to learn another new package!  Zero alcohol package.  What a joke.

• Like 1

We should all send a message to customer relations to bring back the coffee package.  I thought they would increase the price of the package, but not eliminate it.  

If you have 1 coffee a day with the coffee package, it’s about $3 a coffee, now it’s $47 a day for a coffee. Guess a la carte is the only way to go.  

What about the Elite mini bar switch to the coffee package?  Are they messing with that perk also?  

Maybe a time for us to take a pause too.

customerrelations@princesscruises.com

• Like 1