Distilled water for CPAP

Cruise frenzy

Several ways to handle—you can call Princess and they will note for you—also it can be handled online under Check-in status and go to dietary request and click distilled water for CPAP—however I have found both of these methods being a 50% chance of room steward actually being made aware—frankly it is just not a problem you can ask room steward and he/she will bring you a full container first day—they will even bring an extension cord for machine if need be though a fellow cruisecritic follower turned me on to using alternative outlet behind bed to forego the need for any extensive cord—he will no doubt read this thread and offer up his sage advice again

Edited by SANDRAMARTINEZ

Yes...you should find a "European" style 2 prong 220 volt outlet behind one of the beds (could be either one...)  I use an adapter like this which allows you to plug in whatever *was* plugged into the wall as well as give you a US style outlet for a CPAP or even a small outlet strip.  (If you use an outlet strip make sure it is NOT a surge protector style!)

https://www.amazon.com/European-Adapter-Adaptor-Countries-Netherlands/dp/B008JCVF0U/ref=sr_1_19?crid=2YC72VL0V3Z7G&keywords=schuko+plug+adapter&qid=1676657828&sprefix=schuko%2Caps%2C114&sr=8-19

image.thumb.jpeg.2b65bd018d66d98665b6b5321eb339be.jpeg

There are a million adapters available on Amazon that convert the 220 volt 2 prong to US-style...along with USB ports and such...but there are not as many that provide this "in-line" style that allow you to plug in the nightstand lamp and continue to use that.  You (generally) do not need a USB plug behind the bed...those you need at the desk.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DavidsNana said:

@Rick&JeannieDo you need a voltage adapter with this plug that you use for the CPAP?  It is my granddaughter in law that uses the CPAP so I'm not familiar with the setup.  Do most CPAP machines have dual voltage?  Thank you.

All CPAPs that I have seen are dual voltage so we only need to adapt the plug/socket. Of course,  everyone should check their own device before attempting to plug it into 220v! It should be listed right on the unit or on the "power brick".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Rick&JeannieThanks so much for this info.  My grandson and his wife live in TN and I live in CA so I have never seen her unit.  I told my grandson that I thought that it should be indicated on the machine if it is able to operate safely on both voltages.  He is going to check it and if necessary call the company.  I think it should have a "switch" for either voltage but "what do I know" LOL.  I will pass this info on to him.  Thanks again.  So appreciate you taking the time to respond.

You can ask your cabin steward for distilled water when you board, but it’s better if you pre-order it. That way you’re sure it will be there waiting for you in your cabin when you board. Either way, it’s free of charge.

To pre-order distilled water for a CPAP machine, go to the Princess website then click on “Booked Guests” at the top of the page.

Log into your account using either your login credentials or your booking number.

Once you’re logged in, click on “Access Cruise Personalizer”.

Select “Check-In”, then scroll down to the “Guest Check-in Status” section.

Click on “Dietary Requests”, and tick the box next to “Distilled water (for CPAP machine use ONLY)”.

Then click on the “Send Dietary Restriction” button.

Your distilled water and an approved extension cord will be waiting for you in your cabin when you board. If it’s not there, check with your room steward.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DavidsNana said:

@Rick&JeannieThanks   I think it should have a "switch" for either voltage but "what do I know" LOL.  I will pass this info on to him.  

There is probably no switch for dual voltage. If it was made within the last 10 years or so the power supply just "senses" what the input voltage is and works accordingly.  It *will* however be printed on the power supply that it can operate on both voltage ranges.

9 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

There is probably no switch for dual voltage. If it was made within the last 10 years or so the power supply just "senses" what the input voltage is and works accordingly.  It *will* however be printed on the power supply that it can operate on both voltage ranges.

Thanks again for all your help.  Hers is very new.  I will forward this information to my grandson so they know.  I have no experience with a CPAP at all so this is all new to me.  I just remember taking my hair dryer and curling iron to Europe and the Orient many years ago and needed the proper plug adapters but they always had the option to switch between voltages.  But then I'm 75.  Heck, I remember on our first cruise on Sitmar, they had rooms down the hall that had hair dryers in them as you couldn't plug in your own in the cabin.  Only shaver outlets.  So all the ladies would be walking down the passageways with wet hair going to the hair drying room!  I just love all these modern conveniences of today!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a bit late on this thread, but ships use reverse osmosis filtration which produces "purified" water similar to distilled. I'll get distilled because its available, but wouldn't worry if it wasn't. I use whatever bottled water I have for drinking when traveling in hotels for short stays.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2023 at 10:21 PM, milogurd said:

You can ask your cabin steward for distilled water when you board, but it’s better if you pre-order it. That way you’re sure it will be there waiting for you in your cabin when you board. Either way, it’s free of charge.

To pre-order distilled water for a CPAP machine, go to the Princess website then click on “Booked Guests” at the top of the page.

Log into your account using either your login credentials or your booking number.

Once you’re logged in, click on “Access Cruise Personalizer”.

Select “Check-In”, then scroll down to the “Guest Check-in Status” section.

Click on “Dietary Requests”, and tick the box next to “Distilled water (for CPAP machine use ONLY)”.

Then click on the “Send Dietary Restriction” button.

Your distilled water and an approved extension cord will be waiting for you in your cabin when you board. If it’s not there, check with your room steward.

Thank you for posting this.

• 3 months later...

I so appreciate CC and this post. I found it while on chat with a Princess rep who was "researching the issue." I was done requesting it through the Cruise Personalizer before he came back on with any response other than thanking me for my loyalty.