Problem registering a credit card?

Eglesbrech

I’m trying to complete all my check in requirements but Princess are not recognising my credit card for onboard. The same card that they have been perfectly happy to accept for cruise payments and shore side advance purchases.

The long card number seems to be the issue. It keeps saying “not recognised”.

Anyone else having a problem / know if there is an issue / know a workaround?

BY no means am I totally fluent in Princess transactions...however, I had issues with that stinkin medallion and it was a bit similar to what you are saying.

Try going back in to that credit card number area and delete the entire contents of the cell..select delete all on the drop down if there is one. Then close out and go back in.

After that, if no one else responds I would contact Princess...good luck and you could also try posting in your roll call for the cruise. Someone else may have had the same issue

This may sound weird but I have seen posts where the problem wasn't the credit card number but was the phone number. Check to make sure you have entered your country code in the phone number area. I know your problem is getting the app to accept your credit card number but, like I said, others have reported that fixing their phone number entry fixed the credit card issue. It's a simple thing to try and if it doesn't help nothing is lost but a minute of your time.

• Like 1

I just had this problem.... The app took the number fine and when I was putting the same card in DH phone it kept saying it didnt recognize it !  After many many attempts I gave up and put in another card. That was taken fine. Go Figure??

2 hours ago, fawnie said:

I just had this problem.... The app took the number fine and when I was putting the same card in DH phone it kept saying it didnt recognize it !  After many many attempts I gave up and put in another card. That was taken fine. Go Figure??

I don't enter a card for my wife. I enter one card and it has a selection to use the card for all members of the booking.

• Like 2

Delete the credit card, log off and close the app completely, restart app and enter the credit card again.  

If that doesn’t work visit the web version and try entering it there.

https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com/

If still no luck you can call Princess and have them enter it for you. 

Edited by Shelly97060

When we first started up cruising after the covid stop - I used one credit card.  Then we got a credit card that has zero percent interest for the next 2 years, so I wanted to switch our trips to that.  

I go to guest services when we first get on the ship and make sure that they have my zero percent interest card on file - It has now been 8 cruises in the past 14 months and they still show the "old" card.

I ask them to change my file to the new card and they say - okay no problem, but yes there is a problem because it works for the duration of the cruise and then goes back to the old card.

oh well

Another problem source is the expiration date on your CC. This happened to me once; the cruise was in December but ended before Christmas. Though our CC was good till the end of the December, the app wouldn't accept it. Solved the problem by waiting for my new CC to come in (with the new expiration date) and entered the new expiration date in the app and all was good.