Once a day Cleaning Morning or Evening?

molly361

Once a day Room Service Morning or Evening?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Once a day service Which do you pick Morning or Evening

• Morning
    • Evening

On 2/20/2023 at 6:24 PM, RCCL Fan said:

Does anyone have info on how this works with kids in the room?

The worst will be people who have babies /toddlers in diapers.  Their trash cans will be bad.  

On 2/20/2023 at 7:54 PM, Lorey2007 said:

If we request morning will they leave the next days compass then?

Yes, this is one of the things I've been wondering about -- I want a paper Compass. 

On 2/21/2023 at 2:28 PM, davekathy said:

Hate to choose. But if we had to, mornings for us. IMO, piss poor decision on RC part!! 🤬

Agree with piss-poor decision.  Doubly so because they just raised the cost of tips, now they slash the service.  

On 2/21/2023 at 2:33 PM, island lady said:

Cabin attendants don't like it either.  

I'm sure they don't -- few people want to give poor service at their jobs, but with more cabins to clean, that's the likely outcome.

On 2/20/2023 at 5:17 PM, John&LaLa said:

Towel animals is a cruise tradition that may soon disappear. 

Agree, and -- while that's a small thing -- we'll miss the towel animals.  

On 2/21/2023 at 3:26 PM, DJLDRUMS said:

... So, can you imagine for Day 1 what his job is going to entail trying to get ALL their rooms ready to be inspected before the pax's arrive.Geesch !

I don't see how they manage to do it all on turn-around day now -- this will put more on their shoulders.  I suspect we'll be waiting longer for our cabins to be ready.  

On 2/21/2023 at 4:13 PM, fredmdcruisers said:

Sure but with 1x day its roughly the same amount of work with double the pay. Who would not want that.

Disagree ... right now we're getting one good clean in the morning + a touch-up around dinner time.  What we're losing is the touch-up, but it will sting.  Trash cans not emptied, towels not replaced, used glassware not removed.  

On 2/22/2023 at 8:21 AM, island lady said:

... With so many cutbacks happening (including stream lined, no special request, limited menus), the "other things" are going away ...

You're not wrong.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Disagree ... right now we're getting one good clean in the morning + a touch-up around dinner time.  What we're losing is the touch-up, but it will sting.  Trash cans not emptied, towels not replaced, used glassware not removed.  

Twice a day seems excessive to me anyways. How much trash are you producing? How many towels do you need. Do you wash your home towels twice a day? I guess glassware is only good for one use? This seems like a lot of whining over nothing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, HappyTexan44 said:

The problem with the Do Not Disturb sign is that your room could be moved to the end of the list and possibly not get done at all.   With twice a day it wouldn't be a big deal because they could do the big clean on the second clean.   

I have never had that happen, that it didn't get done at all.  Honestly I don't care if it gets put at the end of the list.  They have always come back some time during the day, while we were out, and serviced the room.  And I have almost always used the "do not disturb sign" in this manner.

Edited by time4u2go
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Same here.  Not a huge deal, but just another service being removed.

My husband and I decided on evening for cabin attendant to come so we will get rid of the excursion clean up towels and the room will be put in order as well, although it won't be too bad to clean up.  We think Royal made a mistake by increasing tips and reducing cabin attendant visits to one, but we hope to make the best of it. If I am sent a review to do after the cruise, I will let them know what I think. We have looked forward to this cruise for a long time and once on board I don't plan to let something that I cannot change impact my cruise too much. 

• Like 2

Cleaning the room once a day is fine by me but as long as clean dry towels are readily available.  Like most folk,  we have more than one shower a day.  Probably 3 times a day on a cruise.

I would choose mornings for the clean, it's nice to come back from excursions to a nice made bed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KansasK said:

My husband and I decided on evening for cabin attendant to come so we will get rid of the excursion clean up towels and the room will be put in order as well, although it won't be too bad to clean up.  We think Royal made a mistake by increasing tips and reducing cabin attendant visits to one, but we hope to make the best of it. If I am sent a review to do after the cruise, I will let them know what I think. We have looked forward to this cruise for a long time and once on board I don't plan to let something that I cannot change impact my cruise too much. 

When is your cruise? I was in on a RCI broadcast this afternoon with the DSM fronting it, i asked her the question of "when will this take effect in the whole fleet" and was told nothing definitive has come down from Miami on when it will take place.It's probably going to happen but they either don't know for sure or are keeping the lid on it until they're told to talk about it openly.

8 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

When is your cruise? I was in on a RCI broadcast this afternoon with the DSM fronting it, i asked her the question of "when will this take effect in the whole fleet" and was told nothing definitive has come down from Miami on when it will take place.It's probably going to happen but they either don't know for sure or are keeping the lid on it until they're told to talk about it openly.

Yep, we will know here before they know or have an announcement. There is no good news in any of this for a press release. 

• Like 1

If you havent done this,  you may have a different opinion once you do.  What sounds good on paper,  may not work in practice. It doesnt work for me.  I like to hang in the cabin when i want,  which means i will miss todays cleaning.  Thats the biggest problem.  

13 hours ago, time4u2go said:

I have never had that happen, that it didn't get done at all.  Honestly I don't care if it gets put at the end of the list.  They have always come back some time during the day, while we were out, and serviced the room.  And I have almost always used the "do not disturb sign" in this manner.

That would have been with the twice-a-day service.   Someone reported that it does happen on Carnival since they changed to once-a-day.  When the plan is for once-a-day, they can do the big clean when they come through again. 

14 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Recently. You pick once onboard.

Neighbors just returned yesterday from the Enchantment out of Baltimore. No changes on that ship and were told nothing definitive on a start date. Has anyone currently or just off their cruise already have that started yet? If so which ship? We're on the Voyager in March and Adventure in May.

Edited by DJLDRUMS