FTTF vs Suite Guest

Robpuffdaddy

I know that the perks for FTTF and Suite Guest are basically the same.  I know Suite guest get on the ship right before FTTF, but with FTTF those guest have access to their cabins earlier.  Do Suite guest have that same perk or do they have to wait till after 1 PM like the rest of the ship?

4 hours ago, Robpuffdaddy said:

I know that the perks for FTTF and Suite Guest are basically the same.  I know Suite guest get on the ship right before FTTF, but with FTTF those guest have access to their cabins earlier.  Do Suite guest have that same perk or do they have to wait till after 1 PM like the rest of the ship?

FTTF = Rules don't apply to you

FTTF can do whatever they want whenever they want

You want to pilot the ship for awhile? No problem. Just go to the bridge and have at it.

You see a line, you skip it, and go straight to the front.

You see one of the dancers in the show that looks hot. Just tell a staff member and they will be waiting in your cabin later.

You go to the pool and the chairs upfront have stuff on them? You just toss that stuff in the trash and take them.

Muster drill - You don't have to go

Dress codes don't apply to you.

Drinks and steakhouse? You get them all for free and ahead of everyone. Just flash that FTTF sticker on you sign and sail card and you are good to go.

It really is a great program!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

This is interesting as many of the ships still have suite listed on the FTTF line at Guest services. This started during Covid. This would also appear to indicate that Suites should get earlier access to their cabins which did not happen on our Pride Cruise in December. 

Suite Amenities
In addition, guests in suite accommodations will receive:

• Priority luggage
  • First Access to stateroom
  • A high level of service provided by our most highly-rated stateroom attendants
  • Two complimentary in-suite large bottles of water 
  • One complimentary bag of laundry

The following perks are not for those guests traveling in suite accommodations unless they are VIFP Diamond or Platinum guests or have purchased Faster to the Fun.

• Priority line at Guest Services desk
  • Dedicated onboard Guest Services phone number

Glad they changed the wording for FTTF. For a while it still said guaranteed cabin ready at boarding. 

Stateroom Access
Once on board, you will be able to drop off your bags in your stateroom until your room is ready

FTTF initially included cabin ready upon boarding...and every cruise prior to covid that we had, our cabin was always fully ready...and we are early boarders. Since covid, they apparently are operating with less staff, and are not guaranteeing your FTTF cabin will be ready. On our Dream cruise last month...with FTTF...we boarded at 10:45...went directly to our cabin to drop off our carry-ons and backpacks...and our cabin attendant was in the process of cleaning our cabin. I told him we would just drop our stuff off and be off for lunch...and he said our cabin would be fully ready for us in less than 15 minutes...which means if we wanted access to it at 11 am...it was available. He told me they always do up the platinum diamond and FTTF cabins first. Our friends who cruise with us also had FTTF...was on board at 12:15...went directly to their cabin ...and it was completely ready. So for those who say even with FTTF you can't have your cabin before 1:30....you are apparently not correct. 

• Like 1

On 2/21/2023 at 7:24 AM, hillbillycruisers said:

FTTF initially included cabin ready upon boarding...and every cruise prior to covid that we had, our cabin was always fully ready...and we are early boarders. Since covid, they apparently are operating with less staff, and are not guaranteeing your FTTF cabin will be ready. On our Dream cruise last month...with FTTF...we boarded at 10:45...went directly to our cabin to drop off our carry-ons and backpacks...and our cabin attendant was in the process of cleaning our cabin. I told him we would just drop our stuff off and be off for lunch...and he said our cabin would be fully ready for us in less than 15 minutes...which means if we wanted access to it at 11 am...it was available. He told me they always do up the platinum diamond and FTTF cabins first. Our friends who cruise with us also had FTTF...was on board at 12:15...went directly to their cabin ...and it was completely ready. So for those who say even with FTTF you can't have your cabin before 1:30....you are apparently not correct. 

Less staff and a deeper cleaning process due to covid. 

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
On 2/20/2023 at 8:02 PM, Eli_6 said:

When I recently had FTTF, I didn't get access to my cabin early.  When I had a suite, I did. However, I don't know what the official "rules" are.  May have been happenstance.

I don't think Carnival knows what the rules are. I know the staff don't 😁  They just make them up daily.😉

Edited by BasicSailor