Flying to Florida a day before the cruise. Where to stay?

K and S

I would stay in Cocoa Beach, or any of the beaches between Cocoa and Melbourne. There's no point in staying in Orlando unless you're arriving really early and want to go to the theme parks.

We lived in Melbourne for several years and I personally love the beach there. Depending on what time of day you get in, you could go to the beach, take a quick trip up to Port Canaveral, visit the small Zoo, or just hang out at your hotel.

Can't help with travel to the Port. Maybe check on the Ports page? 

9 hours ago, mrgabriel said:

I would stay in Cocoa Beach, or any of the beaches between Cocoa and Melbourne. There's no point in staying in Orlando unless you're arriving really early and want to go to the theme parks.

We lived in Melbourne for several years and I personally love the beach there. Depending on what time of day you get in, you could go to the beach, take a quick trip up to Port Canaveral, visit the small Zoo, or just hang out at your hotel.

Can't help with travel to the Port. Maybe check on the Ports page? 

Do you have hotel recommendations?

13 hours ago, #55worktoplay said:

Do you have hotel recommendations?

When we go back, we always stay at the Doubletree on A1A between Satellite Beach and Melbourne. There are a number of hotels in that area. All are right on the water. All rooms in the Doubletree are suites and face the water. It's not fancy, but if you're looking for beach time, it's perfect. If you want to stay further north in Cocoa or right by Port Canaveral, the Florida Home Ports board is probably your best bet. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mrgabriel said:

When we go back, we always stay at the Doubletree on A1A between Satellite Beach and Melbourne. There are a number of hotels in that area. All are right on the water. All rooms in the Doubletree are suites and face the water. It's not fancy, but if you're looking for beach time, it's perfect. If you want to stay further north in Cocoa or right by Port Canaveral, the Florida Home Ports board is probably your best bet. 

That sounds great I will check it out. Love the cookies 😀

What time are you arriving in Orlando?  If it is a late flight, then any hotel (with a free airport shuttle) will do.

If you are coming in a few days earlier -- depends on what you want to do?  Theme parks? Beach? Kennedy Space centre?

As per transport...  you could rent a car from the airport.  Shuttle to the port (best if you only have 2 in your party) or Uber.

I'm trying to figure this out for myselffor my August cruise, so following this post.

• 2 weeks later...

We’re on a ship now. We used Cortrans to get to Port Canaveral, and the service was excellent. The driver, Stephanie, was slightly early at our Disney hotel, and drove very well.

Based on my single experience, I would recommend them.