Layover time?

phabric

We had a non stop Air Canada flight for Nov 24 - YYZ-FCO booked with EZAir.

Air Canada has cancelled this flight.

I see that I can take an 1 stop flight -

FCO-YUL (1hr 30 min)-YYZ

FCO-FRA (1hr 45 min) - YYZ

Both flights leave FCO around the same time.

Is there enough time between flights?

Which flight would be better?

What?  I thought only AA was canceling flights 😄.

I don't quite understand what you are writing because you say you had a YYZ-FCO flight booked and you are asking if you should take a FCO-YUL-YYZ or a FCO-FRA-YYZ.  So, are you asking about the outbound or the return?

If it's the return, I personally would book this myself.  But, if you are sticking with cruise air, I'd take the FCO-FRA-YYZ.  I'd rather have that long haul to my arrival airport than risk delays in Canada.

Edited by 6rugrats
  • Like 1

I, too, am confused...but I too would do via FRA if you are going FCO-YYZ. Not only is it very efficient, but it's awfully nice to step off your longhaul flight and be done, not worry about another flight and, if delayed, the frustration of feeling the "just get me the eff home" vibes. 

Edited by Zach1213
  • Like 1

You would need more time in YUL   to clear  customs/Immigration   before heading  to YYZ   wouldn't you ?

We try to avoid  connections in Canada   before  hitting  home  (YYZ)  so not sure how that works out  if you connect in YUL

10 hours ago, Dancer Bob said:

"Step off your long haul flight and be done"? Clearing Customs in YYZ? Not likely.

There are far more connections YUL-YYZ and likely to have space available, than FRA-YYZ.

Eh. I've never had too much trouble at either YUL or YYZ personally. I clear immigration in both a few times each year and can't remember any particularly bad occurrences. Besides, if you are ending in YYZ and having to clear immigration there, a delay is just a delay...not a reason to panic about a missed connection. 

Edited by Zach1213