Oceania Air Program

Tidalmist

18 minutes ago, Tidalmist said:

I will be cruising on the Vista in December and have chosen Oceania Air. Will O still guarantee that I will meet my cruise either in Miami or at the first port of call?

They have never guaranteed that. December can mean blizzards, ice, and air traffic snarls. Oceania cannot control either the weather or the airline’s response. They don’t hold the ship to wait on you. 

And the rest of the story is, fly in at least a day ahead, whether using the Oceania Air option or your own booked flights.  Leave little to chance and you may not be left out in the cold 🤬

There is an Oceania Fee if using their air option for flying early but it is quite possibly the best $175 you can spend for some peace of mind. December cruise and you look to be flying from the great north land, 😇🙏 flying early equals insurance. 
To be honest, I won’t fly to ANY Embarkation port on the “day of”, buy yourself some peace of mind 😁. Will it cost you, ABSOLUTELY, but your anxiety level will be a lot lower. 

We are testing Vista in May and then again with friends in October and everyone is EXCITED.

Enjoy your trip,

Mauibabes

OP: Read your Oceania T&Cs and Ticket Contract. In selling you air tix, O acts only as a Travel Agency and bears no responsibility for airline issues. O (directly or through its Port Agent) will assist you in rebooking flights as needed. But, any additional costs will be your responsibility.

We have taken O air with the premium upgrade for an Athens to Lisbon trip May 3.

We are now within the 75 day period for air and booked air to be 60-30 days in advance.

Previously we choose our own flights with little cost differential.

This time very high (we do not pay the $175 due to our Platinum Club status)  

What does the 75 day to 60 day period mean?? This 15 day period is questionable. 

Awaiting O rep to call back.

It’s not guaranteed, but on one rare occasion that we booked O air our BA Premium economy flight was cancelled just few days prior to our cruise. O air department was able to rebook us last minute on the alternative flight. We were very satisfied with the outcome. 

1 hour ago, cswhistler said:

What does the 75 day to 60 day period mean?? This 15 day period is questionable. 

I am not clear on your question?

if you chose the flight via Oceania  you should know the  flight times etc

Once you  make final payment for the cruise ask  to be ticketed

they may not ticket you until 45 days  out   but I like to be able to choose my seats if they did not  or change if I do not like the location

3 hours ago, Tidalmist said:

I will be cruising on the Vista in December and have chosen Oceania Air. Will O still guarantee that I will meet my cruise either in Miami or at the first port of call?

if your flight is only 3 hours..as in Miami, .I would take the early morning flight and risk it...

but if it is overseas, that is a bigger risk...

december is still not a month of the great snows in southern ontario....

and if you miss the ship, you could probably get to the next island...

to pay 175 times 2 for deviation, then a hotel for probably around 300,  plus meals, thats a lot of $...

I know most wont agree with me...

53 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I am not clear on your question?

if you chose the flight via Oceania  you should know the  flight times etc

Once you  make final payment for the cruise ask  to be ticketed

they may not ticket you until 45 days  out   but I like to be able to choose my seats if they did not  or change if I do not like the location

The issue is that airlines typically set their final flight schedules 60-75 days out. That’s when all kinds of crazy things will/can happen to that great itinerary one put together. That’s the time period one needs to check the flight status almost daily. The airline will completely alter the flights and may not actively tell you about it for a week or so.

• Thanks 1

no  guarantees

I would book your own air fly in a day or more  early especially during the winter months

Just look at  Tues/Wed  this week with the ice storm

JMO

2 hours ago, jonthomas said:

if your flight is only 3 hours..as in Miami, .I would take the early morning flight and risk it...

but if it is overseas, that is a bigger risk...

december is still not a month of the great snows in southern ontario....

and if you miss the ship, you could probably get to the next island...

to pay 175 times 2 for deviation, then a hotel for probably around 300,  plus meals, thats a lot of $...

I know most wont agree with me...

2 hours ago, Tidalmist said:

If I book my own air, I won’t  have to pay the 175 deviation fee per person…..my ta is checking to see how much O will reduce fare if I book mu own air.

my guess will be $400 or less

JMO

If I book my own air, I won’t  have to pay the 175 deviation fee per person…..my ta is checking to see how much O will reduce fare if I book mu own air.

You don’t need anyone to figure it out for you. Just start a mock booking on the O website: First page is O Life “with air”. On next page check “no air.” The difference in price is the “air credit.”

10 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

You don’t need anyone to figure it out for you. Just start a mock booking on the O website: First page is O Life “with air”. On next page check “no air.” The difference in price is the “air credit.”

10 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Even if the overall price has increased substantially since I booked?

15 hours ago, Tidalmist said:

Have you already deposited this cruise with air included? If so, your Oceania invoice will show the air credit per person on the first page.

if you haven’t deposited this cruise already, the mock booking exercise (as I described it) will show you what your fare would be with and without air. The difference is your “air credit.”

20 hours ago, cswhistler said:

We have taken O air with the premium upgrade for an Athens to Lisbon trip May 3.

We are now within the 75 day period for air and booked air to be 60-30 days in advance.

Previously we choose our own flights with little cost differential.

This time very high (we do not pay the $175 due to our Platinum Club status)  

We are leaving out of Athens May 11 I’m anxiously awaiting our air I hope we find out soon.  I need to let the dog walker know exactly our plans.  We are out of San Diego.  We are planning to hopefully spend 2 nights in Athens before.  Let us know when you get yours 😊

1 minute ago, KerryMike said:

We are leaving out of Athens May 11 I’m anxiously awaiting our air I hope we find out soon.  I need to let the dog walker know exactly our plans.  We are out of San Diego.  We are planning to hopefully spend 2 nights in Athens before.  Let us know when you get yours 😊

Are you doing the hotel package  or just flying in early??

If you paid the deviation fee  you should have the flight details 

Just now, LHT28 said:

Are you doing the hotel package  or just flying in early??

If you paid the deviation fee  you should have the flight details 

We are staying at the Hotel Grande Bretagne through O it seemed expensive at first but hotel prices there are now well over 1000 a night now.  Really wonder how soon to get flight arrangements I’ve hear doesn’t provide the best.  We also paid for the slightly bigger seats whatever that means

1 minute ago, KerryMike said:

We are staying at the Hotel Grande Bretagne through O it seemed expensive at first but hotel prices there are now well over 1000 a night now.  Really wonder how soon to get flight arrangements I’ve hear doesn’t provide the best.  We also paid for the slightly bigger seats whatever that means

Ok  

you can always ask if they have the flight details now    not sure if they post them in your online account or not

You may not find out until 45 days out

If you mean PE  they are usually  fairly good seats  at least they were fine on AC  for us 🙂

1 minute ago, LHT28 said:

Ok  

you can always ask if they have the flight details now    not sure if they post them in your online account or not

You may not find out until 45 days out

If you mean PE  they are usually  fairly good seats  at least they were fine on AC  for us 🙂

Thanks our first time just got our 4 dining reservations last night all first choice so tha5 makes me happy

58 minutes ago, KerryMike said:

hotel Bretagne has a rooftop restaurant. The view was so fantastic, I don’t even remember how the food was!  Enjoy!

1 hour ago, GrammieK said:

hotel Bretagne has a rooftop restaurant. The view was so fantastic, I don’t even remember how the food was!  Enjoy!

I tried to get a dinner reservation there and all they had was lunch availability maybe once we get there

17 minutes ago, KerryMike said:

I tried to get a dinner reservation there and all they had was lunch availability maybe once we get there

You can try to contact Bretagne concierge by email. They maybe able to help you with the restaurant reservation.