Club Ocean Suite

DebbieMacG

It’s our first time sailing in a club ocean suite for an 11 night cruise on Onward. I’ve heard there was/is a best of the best dinner for CW and CO suites? Does this still happen post covid?

Does anyone have any tips or information as to what perks are included that might not be listed on the website, thank you! 

3 hours ago, DebbieMacG said:

It’s our first time sailing in a club ocean suite for an 11 night cruise on Onward. I’ve heard there was/is a best of the best dinner for CW and CO suites? Does this still happen post covid?

Does anyone have any tips or information as to what perks are included that might not be listed on the website, thank you! 

We have been doing the dinner for several months now.thinking Dec. the dinner about 3/4 ps into cruise. Many people dress up more for this.

I do not know of any extra peaks but I do know  that cabin very rocky and could not use balcony at all.

We found the club ocean suite very comfortable. If you decide to have guests for cocktails, your butler will set up your living room and provide whatever food you would like to serve.  We’ve had chilled prawns, cheese plates and lovely sandwiches.  You can also have meals served in your suite, ordering off the restaurant menus rather than just the room service menu.  We requested a pot of coffee at a certain time every morning, so that it would be waiting for us when we got up.  Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by laurieb
  • Like 4

Thanks for your replies. I guess whether you can use the balcony or not depends on location and weather, I’m not concerned about that. 

Laurieb I appreciate you mentioning the coffee, I’d not thought of the benefit of having the separate bedroom and the butler being able to bring that without disturbing us 😊

Edited by DebbieMacG
  • Like 2

Just now, DebbieMacG said:

Thanks for your replies. I guess whether you can use the balcony or not depends on location and weather, I’m not concerned about that. 

Laurieb I appreciate you mentioning the coffee, I’d not thought of the benefit of having the separate bedroom and the butler being able to bring that without disturbing us 😊

I was in Carribbean and could only go out when ship was not moving..no dinners out there. I tend not to hear butler open my door but do hear some sound as he sets up breakfast.

16 minutes ago, DebbieMacG said:

Laurie has highlighted why I loved the suite. I don’t know how the butlers do it. We are very light sleepers and never heard them ever but it was so lovely when our alarm went off there was the hot pot of coffee on a beautiful set table. 
We had no issues using the balcony on any of our cruises either in hot or cool climes but balcony isn’t the driver it’s the space we take the big suites when we are spoiling ourselves. They are really lovely suites enjoy! 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Laurie has highlighted why I loved the suite. I don’t know how the butlers do it. We are very light sleepers and never heard them ever but it was so lovely when our alarm went off there was the hot pot of coffee on a beautiful set table. 
We had no issues using the balcony on any of our cruises either in hot or cool climes but balcony isn’t the driver it’s the space we take the big suites when we are spoiling ourselves. They are really lovely suites enjoy! 

Thankyou! I’m really looking forward to it and the space, the balcony isn’t the driver for us either if we can use it, it’s a bonus, if not that’s also fine, we do have 3 overnights on our trip as well so that’s a plus. We choose deck 7 over deck 6 because I was worried about noise from the cabaret lounge, but I do like the bedroom layout on deck 6 better with the angled bed, (seen in videos) , which deck/s have you stayed in? And which do you prefer? 😊

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, DebbieMacG said:

Thankyou! I’m really looking forward to it and the space, the balcony isn’t the driver for us either if we can use it, it’s a bonus, if not that’s also fine, we do have 3 overnights on our trip as well so that’s a plus. We choose deck 7 over deck 6 because I was worried about noise from the cabaret lounge, but I do like the bedroom layout on deck 6 better with the angled bed, (seen in videos) , which deck/s have you stayed in? And which do you prefer? 😊

I have stayed in both Deck 6 and Deck 7 - they each have their own advantages.  On Deck 6 you did have a slightly deeper balcony but whilst there was no noise from the cabaret lounge that we felt it was the noisier room re anchor sounds and during docking - but you may well be up then anyway.  

My recollection is that the bed is angled both Deck 6 and Deck 7 - I need to check my photos.  Deck 7 was a little quieter but with the marginally less deep balcony.  We loved both decks its hard to choose between

Edited by uktog

I've stayed on deck 6 and 7. I was on deck 6 last cruise and I really liked the cabin,  cabaret noise didn't bother me to be honest.  Loved the view.  You get a slightly better view from deck 7 because you are a deck up. There is also a door to the adjoining window on deck 6 that you don't have on deck 7. That's why the beds are in a different place.  I'd stay on either deck. I concur with uktog.  It's nice to have the two rooms for delivery of coffee etc without being disturbed. Lovely to have dinner served course by course in the cabin. I managed to secure a flourless chocolate torte from the specialty.  My favourite dessert. 

In terms of other things not mentioned on the website, you will have VIP invites to the Azamazing and a get together, probably on the evening of departure. 

Some photos. 

Phil 

5673911E-B3C6-4999-841C-91B78F7316C2.jpeg

87E943B7-7309-4CF1-A3A7-C79A77EA568D.jpeg

BE58BFC0-1350-4D36-8455-46769D76749A.jpeg

06D9DEB4-AFBD-4BF2-BA64-18BAE4B90561.jpeg

826CBCC5-2B12-4BE8-9D67-DC83EAD7B315.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DebbieMacG said:

Thanks Phil, great photos!  Did you hear cabaret noise on 6 and weren’t bothered by it or not hear it at all? 

I heard the rehearsals a couple of times in the afternoon. I was always out and about at showtime so it was fine. Funnily enough I was more bothered by the noise of footsteps from the bridge above on deck 7, but I'm a light sleeper and once I heard the noise I kept on hearing it. 

Phil 

4 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I heard the rehearsals a couple of times in the afternoon. I was always out and about at showtime so it was fine. Funnily enough I was more bothered by the noise of footsteps from the bridge above on deck 7, but I'm a light sleeper and once I heard the noise I kept on hearing it. 

Phil 

Oh no! I’m a light sleeper too, maybe I should have picked deck 6 after all 🙄

2 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

My question on the forward Club Ocean Suites is how useable are the balconies with wind coming at you from ships speed or natural winds or combination?

How noisy are anchor settings?

I found them very useable.  Wind does not always come to you head on and certainly during sea days when the ship was moving along we were able to lie out front happily.  If you are lying down the solid balcony gives you some protection.  The butlers are good at knowing where to suggest you have a table for each wind direction if  you opt to sit out to eat, though to be honest on the windiest days when we could still sit out, we ate any room service at the table

38 minutes ago, uktog said:

I found them very useable.  Wind does not always come to you head on and certainly during sea days when the ship was moving along we were able to lie out front happily.  If you are lying down the solid balcony gives you some protection.  The butlers are good at knowing where to suggest you have a table for each wind direction if  you opt to sit out to eat, though to be honest on the windiest days when we could still sit out, we ate any room service at the table

Good to know. Thanks.

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

My question on the forward Club Ocean Suites is how useable are the balconies with wind coming at you from ships speed or natural winds or combination?

How noisy are anchor settings?

I was on deck 6 forward. I had to get butlers to% open  sliding doors when we were docked.

could not open at all on windy days. Stood outside but not never ate outside.

ann was lucky then. But I get more use with the aft suite balcony.