Princess Website blocking me from viewing any cruise when signed in

Valiamo

Has any one had difficulty in viewing cruise prices when signed into their account?

Every time I sign into my Princess account (past 3 weeks), I am blocked from viewing ANY cruise outside of my one booking for July.   100% of the time, I get this error message. 

Screenshot2023-02-20173107.png.f969b03529467fa64ad87ad36047440e.png

It does not matter the computer, the OS, or how I access, I am blocked (Tried on my home PC, Wives PC, iPad, Work Computer, friends computer in a different house, Mac Book, Incognito mode, VPN) when I sign into my account.  But, I can see cruises and prices if I do not sign in to my account.

I use a PVC, and his only suggestion was to go incognito mode and do not sign in to find cruises and then send him a message.   I am beginning to think that Princess has purposely blocked access so one is  to connect with one of them to look at future cruises.

Anyone have a Princess IT help email I can send something to??

5 minutes ago, Valiamo said:

Has any one had difficulty in viewing cruise prices when signed into their account?

Every time I sign into my Princess account (past 3 weeks), I am blocked from viewing ANY cruise outside of my one booking for July.   100% of the time, I get this error message. 

It does not matter the computer, the OS, or how I access, I am blocked (Tried on my home PC, Wives PC, iPad, Work Computer, friends computer in a different house, Mac Book, Incognito mode, VPN) when I sign into my account.  But, I can see cruises and prices if I do not sign in to my account.

I use a PVC, and his only suggestion was to go incognito mode and do not sign in to find cruises and then send him a message.   I am beginning to think that Princess has purposely blocked access so one is  to connect with one of them to look at future cruises.

I’m also having problems if I try to go into their website via  princess.com  I get the same picture of the lady at her computer, but different wording to yours.  It is most annoying, because I have a forthcoming cruise booked with them.  Have no trouble accessing if I go through emails they send to me.  Have also had the feeling that I am blocked.  Think I need to ask the grandkids for help.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Valiamo said:

Quite a few people had the same problem.  Here is the link to the discussions on this problem.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2917318-anyone-having-problem-viewing-saved-cruises/#comment-64887815

16 minutes ago, caribill said:

How have you signed into your Princvess account?

a) Captain's Circle name and password?  or

b) Cruise booking confirmation code (and other needed info)

Which ever one you used, try the other.

Don't understand the question.   This is looking at booking future cruises, when on Princess.com there is only one method to sign in "Email and Password".   I can see my next cruise, but cannot see any others...

7 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

Quite a few people had the same problem.  Here is the link to the discussions on this problem.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2917318-anyone-having-problem-viewing-saved-cruises/#comment-64887815

Thanks for the link.. did not see that when was searching out the problem.

The links provided lead to a duscussion about viewing saved cruises.   The OP was asking about viewing any cruises, presumably to price them.  So it’s a slightly different conversation.  

That having been said, anytime there is a web hangup that seems to be specific to a profile, (e.g. signed out vs signed in) the first, most obvious thing you should try is to get your device in a state where the website doesn’t know anything about you.  You do that by deleting cache, and by deleting cookies specific to that site.  

Getting rid of cache can be just the simple step of clearing history.  There is a “history” tab somewhere in your browser’s file menu up top.   You can usually clear history without deleting saved passwords.   But you would need to allow deletion of website preferences, past visits, etc.  But this is not where you should delete cookies, although you may have the option to do that in a “clear history” procedure.  The trouble is it will delete all your cookies, from every website.  That is an unecessary step.  

So instead, find the cookie management somewhere in the Security and Privacy tab of your browser’s Preferences pane.  There you can search terms like “princess” and it will bring up only those cookies associate with princess.com.   Delete them from here.   The verbiage may be “remove” instead of delete.   Same thing.  

Then close and quit the browser.   Reopen it, go back to Princess.com and put in your username and password again at the login page.   Now see what looks different.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Valiamo said:

I would call PCL on Monday morning after 6 am PT.  This may be an account issue they can fix for you.  You may have several accounts, that they need to merge.  Never try to link accounts or bookings and never register after you have an account.  
Try signing in with your name, dob and booking number, not your user name and Password.  Or, to see your current booking, use the downloaded App instead. 

Askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

Sounds like a corrupt account 

Name

Ship and sail date

Booking number

Explain in Subject field: 

Account Access Denied Help!

If you just show the sail date, it will be a long time, they work by date of travel.

Edited by PacnGoNow

It's a website glitch that occasionally happens, particularly when they're updating for a new promotion. Just wait for them to get it fixed--cruise websites are all horrible, as are their IT departments, since a highly-qualified IT person isn't going to choose to work at a place with a dismal stock price, huge debt, and a relentless focus on selling instead of being customer-friendly, when they can at least have a possibility of greater wealth through stock options in tech companies. I read that one benefit of the recent rounds of tech layoffs is that companies usually starved of good IT talent now can get more qualified IT workers. That said, I find Princess the least-bad cruise website, since it's the only one that allows me to easily search for a cruise for a solo, ranked automatically by price, with a minimum of annoying pop-ups. On the other hand, the app looks shows a complete lack of quality control, with no testing of usability, design, or memory demands, so it's laggy, buggy, ugly, and far too complicated and confusing for much of their demographic, so defeats the purpose of their app, which is to make cruising easier and to make money from the app. 

• Like 1

My recent problems with Princess website is that they fail to let me get through to the area of locating the cabin I wish to book. Everything up to that point works OK. I won't book a cruise without knowing where my cabin is. "Reserve a Guarantee Stateroom."

In the meantime, and after two weeks of this frustration, I have booked a lovely cruise with Celebrity. Princess just may have lost a good customer as I have Elite status and had a loyal following for Princess.

Edited by iceleven

On 2/25/2023 at 7:17 AM, PacnGoNow said:

I would call PCL on Monday morning after 6 am PT.  This may be an account issue they can fix for you.  You may have several accounts, that they need to merge.  Never try to link accounts or bookings and never register after you have an account.  
Try signing in with your name, dob and booking number, not your user name and Password.  Or, to see your current booking, use the downloaded App instead. 

Askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

Sounds like a corrupt account 

Name

Ship and sail date

Booking number

Explain in Subject field: 

Account Access Denied Help!

If you just show the sail date, it will be a long time, they work by date of travel.

I have zero problem seeing my existing booking, it shows up flawlessly on both my computer and the app.  The instructions provided above would help a user to find their "current" cruise on the App so they can whatever they need to do before their cruise.  Again.. this part of the program works, I can see my cruise, everywhere.

I am trying to do is look at booking a future cruise, this is the broken part of the process.   You would think that Princess would LOVE to show me future cruises, but that nasty screen pops up when I use my account.   I will try that email and see what they say.

Thanks for responding