upgrading free at sea onboard

dbrown84

wondering if anyone has upgraded to free at sea plus onboard?  I know you can upgrade the drink package at the $29 p/day (plus tax) price, but it hasn't been quite clear if anyone has upgraded to free at sea plus onboard.  I'm looking to use my non-refundable OBC to offset the cost, which is why I'm looking to do it onboard.  The difference between just upgrading the drink package and upgrading to free at sea plus is about $56 for the week so I would love to do the plus upgrade to get the two extra meals.

8 hours ago, hawkeyetlse said:

There have been a few earlier threads about this, with some conflicting info, but overall it looks like no, this upgrade cannot be purchased on board, only pre-cruise.

yes, it's definitely been conflicting info, but I also believe the answer is no.  Especially since no one has responded with first hand experience.  I think I'm just going to upgrade the drink package, which can be done onboard  

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
12 hours ago, Truenorth1 said:

Bump! Can we buy FAS+ on board with OBC? 

https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions  (you have to scroll down quite a bit!)

In a nutshell, here is your pertinent answer, which would prevent you from using OBC!!!

Terms & Conditions

• Free at Sea choice(s) must be selected at least 24 hours prior to sailing and cannot be changed on board.
  • Bookings made within 24 hours to departure can choose promotion at time of booking.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I called NCL a few days ago and was told I could upgrade to FAS+ when we boarded to use our OBC. I was also told that the extra $50 excursion credit for the 2nd person would be credited for excursions already paid for.  I am now very confused.  

2 hours ago, kickbutt10 said:

I called NCL a few days ago and was told I could upgrade to FAS+ when we boarded to use our OBC. I was also told that the extra $50 excursion credit for the 2nd person would be credited for excursions already paid for.  I am now very confused.  

Being confused is a very common result of phoning NCL.

If you want to increase your confusion further you could try calling again, asking the same question and comparing answers.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

On 1/10/2024 at 1:05 AM, KeithJenner said:

If you want to increase your confusion further you could try calling again, asking the same question and comparing answers.

I have found that when you call they just say yes you can do what your asking. Last year they advertised the beer and wine package (I could not buy online) I called they said yes you can buy this on the ship for your son. On ship I asked they said they do not do that anymore.

1 hour ago, detroitlions said:

I have found that when you call they just say yes you can do what your asking. Last year they advertised the beer and wine package (I could not buy online) I called they said yes you can buy this on the ship for your son. On ship I asked they said they do not do that anymore.

Depends on where you are sailing

On 1/10/2024 at 1:05 AM, KeithJenner said:

My OBC is refundable so I won't spend it and just get a refund.  That will teach them! LOL!

• 1 month later...

Glad I found this thread. I was planning on purchasing the FAS+ prior to my cruise and using a statement credit. But I just looked and it appears the statement credit redemption no longer exists. Then I thought I would redeem for OBC and use that to purchase precruise, but then learned NCL doesn't allow you to use OBC prior to the cruise like RCL and CCL does. So then, I thought I would just upgrade once onboard, but that doesn't appear to be an option either. They are not making this easy for me.