Question on best price guarantee after final payment

chrisinaz

We are booked in mid may on the Beyond and with the new promo the room appears to be about 250.00 less. We are after final payment. I called celebrity and was told that best price guarantee does not apply and is only valid 48 hours from the initial booking.  Is this correct or do I need to call back. I am sure that this has been asked many times but I cant seem to find the thread, any assistance would be appreciated.

Much appreciated, and thank you

Things may have changed, but for our Alaska sailing in 2018, the cruise fare changed significantly after final payment.

Right away, we were informed that we would not be given any refund, however, we were upgraded freely from Ocean View stateroom to AquaClass.

In conclusion, my suggestion would be to call Celebrity and check with them, if there would be another way to be compensated for the price change.

Good luck! 

The Cruise with Confidence and price guaranteed allowed repricing up until 48 hours of cruise.   This ended on bookings made after July 31, 2021.   After that date the Existing Policy of price matching up until final payment date was reinstated.

image.thumb.png.3c8409b171485d9419f5be43e8256669.png

That's probably the only option, to upgrade to a higher category.   Generally they will do this if there is a difference in fare (you are giving them more money, even $1).   Others have reported that even if they paid more than the upgraded cabin (no additional money) they have not been able to upgrade.  This was all pre-covid.