FCC question (quick FCC 101 please)

Wishing on a star

I am assuming that FCC can not be applied to an already made booking.

And, you couldn't cancel and rebook the same cruise to use them, right?

And, also wondering just how you apply the FCC.   When you are making a new booking, it has to be done right then?

Does it pop up in your screen?  Do you request your Princess Planner or TA to do it when they make the booking?

I know somebody who just wants to be sure how this all works.

Are you referring to actual FCC (Future Cruise Credit) or are you asking about FCD (Future Cruise Deposit) that you purchase onboard and acts as full deposit on a new cruise and also provides OBC for that cruise?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

And, also wondering just how you apply the FCC.   When you are making a new booking, it has to be done right then?

Does it pop up in your screen?  Do you request your Princess Planner or TA to do it when they make the booking?

Reading between the lines, I think you are conflating two different things.  FCD's must be applied as your booking deposit (hence the name) in order to earn/gain the associated OBC perks.  Otherwise, you can use FCD's anytime to pay towards the booking, but you get nothing for doing so.  Pure FCC's not only can be applied anytime as payment towards balance owing, Princess often auto-applies any FCC's sitting in your account when a booking is made and has a deposit down.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Reading between the lines, I think you are conflating two different things.  FCD's must be applied as your booking deposit (hence the name) in order to earn/gain the associated OBC perks.  Otherwise, you can use FCD's anytime to pay towards the booking, but you get nothing for doing so.  Pure FCC's not only can be applied anytime as payment towards balance owing, Princess often auto-applies any FCC's sitting in your account when a booking is made and has a deposit down.

Caveat to FCD's...

If the sailing is already past final payment, Princess will apply the FCD to your booking and give you the associated OBC.  You just have to apply the FCD and make full final payment at the time of booking. 

Also, for FCDs you get the OBC associated with your original booking class.  If you get upgraded to a category with higher OBC, you don't get the OBC difference applied.  For example, you if you book an interior with a FCD, and upgrade to a balcony, either with a paid upgrade or comped by Princess, you still get the OBC valued for an interior.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Last month I had my CVP add my last FCD to a booked trip and received the appropriate OBC.

Oops!! Its March. I had the FCD added to the November cruise in January not February 

Edited by Ombud

1 minute ago, Ombud said:

Last month I had my CVP add my last FCD to a booked trip and received the appropriate OBC

No matter what I or anyone else posts as a Princess policy/rule, without fail there will be someone who has had an exception to it for one reason or another.  I'd say you got lucky.  It's nice if a guest can get an exception on a rare occasion, but that CVP shouldn't be circumventing the system on a regular basis IMO.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

No matter what I or anyone else posts as a Princess policy/rule, without fail there will be someone who has had an exception to it for one reason or another.  I'd say you got lucky.  It's nice if a guest can get an exception on a rare occasion, but that CVP shouldn't be circumventing the system on a regular basis IMO.

That is one of the advantages of using a CVP.  They can do things a TA cannot do.

3 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

This past January, I was booked solo on the Discovery Princess. A friend had FCC’s that needed to be used by 12/31/2022. So he asked if he could be added as Passenger2 to my booking December 2022. As the booking was paid in full already, Princess applied his FCC’s and it triggered credit card refund to me.

Another example of using FCC on an already booked sailing, a friend invited me to join him on the September 2022 LA to Sydney sailing he was already booked solo, a few months before sailing. I had a lot of FCC(from previously cancelled sailings)already applied to a 2023 sailing. I asked Princess to move the FCC applied to the 2023 sailing to the 2022 LA to Sydney sailing. Princess moved the FCC no problem.

There was a time when you were making bookings on the Princess website and had FCC, it would automatically apply them, I believe now you have to have Princess or your TA apply. If you have FCD’s, during booking it will ask do you want to apply $100 FCD and you click button.

• Like 1