MUTS question.

NoelleC

1 hour ago, alyssamma said:

Do they edit them on airplanes? I know a while ago that was a thing, but I thought now they pretty much just showed the movie. I've certainly seen nudity and heard curse words when watching movies on a plane.

Yes, I watched Crazy Rich Asians on a plane then was surprised by the language when I showed it to my mom. 🤣 And that is how I found out that (at least some) airplanes show edited movies… 

• Haha 1

Everyone complains when parents don’t take care of their children on the ship.  OP is trying so let’s give them a break 😂.  OP, I would just check to see what’s playing before heading outside because what’s ok for some parents may not be ok for you.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/2/2023 at 8:39 PM, NoelleC said:

We are cruising soon with our kids and want to know if they filter the MUTS movies for language, etc to make them family friendly like on airplanes? 

I'm sorry you've had so many rude responses. Certainly not a nice way to welcome you.

• Thanks 3

15 hours ago, red4u2 said:

I'm sorry you've had so many rude responses. Certainly not a nice way to welcome you.

I appreciate your kindness. Not my first cruise, just my first cruise with Princess, so I have quite a few questions. I am just amused at how much my innocent question has offended some people 🙃

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NoelleC said:

I appreciate your kindness. Not my first cruise, just my first cruise with Princess, so I have quite a few questions. I am just amused at how much my innocent question has offended some people 🙃

We just returned from a week on the Ruby. I still have each day's list of activities, including movies. None of them are familiar to me except Top Gun Maverick.. If it would be helpful I could list several of them for you. The titles & their ratings might be familiar to you. Let me know if that would help. 😊

Edited by 1965
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, 1965 said:

We just returned from a week on the Ruby. I still have each day's list of activities, including movies. None of them are familiar to me except Top Gun Maverick.. If it would be helpful I could list several of them for you. The titles & their ratings might be familiar to you. Let me know if that would help. 😊

I would love it...sailing on Ruby in a couple of weeks

8 minutes ago, Grammyluvs said:

I would love it...sailing on Ruby in a couple of weeks

You got it. Encanto, West Side Story, The Martian, Avatar, Top Gun Maverick, Uncharted, Thor Love & Thunder, Free Guy, Date Night, Buckey's Chance, Shang-Chi & the Legend of the 10 Rings, Devil Wears Prada. 😊

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 1965 said:

You got it. Encanto, West Side Story, The Martian, Avatar, Top Gun Maverick, Uncharted, Thor Love & Thunder, Free Guy, Date Night, Buckey's Chance, Shang-Chi & the Legend of the 10 Rings, Devil Wears Prada. 😊

thanks.....now I can plan accordingly

4 hours ago, 1965 said:

Thank you!  Do you know which Avatar?  Was it the one recently released?  

4 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you!  Do you know which Avatar?  Was it the one recently released?  

Surely you jest. 

Don't expect that movie on Princess for a very long time.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Surely you jest. 

Don't expect that movie on Princess for a very long time.

Since it is about to come out for public release on DVD, it is possible that Princess has or soon will have the newest one.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, caribill said:

Since it is about to come out for public release on DVD, it is possible that Princess has or soon will have the newest one.

Isn't the film about three hours long ?

Seems a lot of time to spend.

22 minutes ago, caribill said:

Unfortunately with all the cost savings that Princess is doing lately, movies seem to be one that has taken one of the biggest hits. I wouldn't expect Avatar to be shown on Princess for a while. 

Maybe they'll surprise me, but I haven't seen even one new DVD release on Princess in years.

5 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Unfortunately with all the cost savings that Princess is doing lately, movies seem to be one that has taken one of the biggest hits. I wouldn't expect Avatar to be shown on Princess for a while. 

Maybe they'll surprise me, but I haven't seen even one new DVD release on Princess in years.

Top Gun Maverick is a relatively recent film that was listed above as being on Princess now.

It was out on DVD at the end of last October.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, caribill said:

Top Gun Maverick is a relatively recent film that was listed above as being on Princess now.

It was out on DVD at the end of last October.

Yes, it was shown but compared to past years it was a relatively long time before it appeared. 

Their budget for recent movies, like most other things has been drastically slashed.

ie -coasters for prises. 😄

23 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Yes, it was shown but compared to past years it was a relatively long time before it appeared. 

Their budget for recent movies, like most other things has been drastically slashed.

ie -coasters for prises. 😄

prizes that is.

22 hours ago, NoelleC said:

I think you are being a very proactive parent and it is a good question! more parents should be concerned about what their children see.  I've cruised on Princess a number of times and have never seen nudity on the MUTS screen. if you have any other questions about Princess I would be happy to help.

• Thanks 1