double and triple Latitude points on certain cruises

14 minutes ago, Ellis1138 said:

I did the NCL chat and spoke to August. 

August says:
This promo code (LATDBLX.) 3 night and more for each day you will receive (2) latitude points

So for my 7 day NCL Escape, I would get 14 points.

Look at post 8, there's a promo for 3 EXTRA points per night (totaling 4 per night).  Logic would then say that LATDBLX is two additional, for a total of 3 per night.

1 hour ago, Ellis1138 said:

I did the NCL chat and spoke to August. 

August says:
This promo code (LATDBLX.) 3 night and more for each day you will receive (2) latitude points

So for my 7 day NCL Escape, I would get 14 points.

The good news for you is you'll get 21 points not 14.  The promo is: TWO EXTRA LATITUDES POINTS PER NIGHT.  So you get the normal plus the extra two for three total.   I just finished a cruise and received 3 points per night credited to my account.

Edited by davencl
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jimsig said:

@Socalev When did you book?  Could you have maybe booked before the bonus point promotion started?  I'm not sure when it started but maybe someone knows?

I booked 28 Feb 23.  I looked at the terms and I am within the promo period.  I'm going to have to call the CAS agent again.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wil e coyote said:

Hmmm. Well, that's definitely an Alaska cruise, and it is in 2023 (I assume.) So I'm pretty sure the agent is mistaken. Assuming you meet the other requirements (date of booking, cabin class, current Latitudes member) I'd call and talk to a different agent. Unfortunately, different agents often give different answers.

I am within the promo period.  The only think I can think that might be disqualifying is that I used a 50% off coupon.  I wish they had a list instead of searching through the cruises.  

14 hours ago, Socalev said:

I am within the promo period.  The only think I can think that might be disqualifying is that I used a 50% off coupon.  I wish they had a list instead of searching through the cruises.  

We used the 50% off coupon too. That isn't an issue.

I often find that phone/chat agents will simply say "no" if they don't know how to resolve your issue. They are often measured on time to close a conversation, and taking the time to investigate a question hurts the turn-time metric.

Try talking with a different agent. If you have a PCC who you like, call him/her. They are more motivated to help you.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Socalev said:

Maybe doesn't apply in your case, but Sailaway rates don't get the extra points.  Only "free at sea".

On 3/7/2023 at 1:44 AM, Socalev said:

I wish they had a list instead of searching through the cruises.  

I was just saying this to my husband because the NCL website is barely functional and confusing.  I would think that the double/triple points apply to specific cruises for any Latitudes member... but when I try to search by that promo, I'm getting different available options depending on whether I am logged in or not, which makes no sense.  It should not be this hard to figure out a promo.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I just finished reading this thread and I have a headache.  Some of you folks have a PhD level of understanding how the website and promotions all tie in!

All I can say is be careful poking around the NCL site if you've already have a booked cruise.  I've see it do some strange things recently.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sansroof said:

when I try to search by that promo, I'm getting different available options depending on whether I am logged in or not, which makes no sense. 

If it is a latitudes promotion, why do you think that being logged in wouldn't make a difference?

17 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

I just finished reading this thread and I have a headache.  Some of you folks have a PhD level of understanding how the website and promotions all tie in!

All I can say is be careful poking around the NCL site if you've already have a booked cruise.  I've see it do some strange things recently.

That is very sage advice. I will stop messing around with searches for the time being - do not want to jeopardize what’s already there! 

Just now, LloydJr said:

If it is a latitudes promotion, why do you think that being logged in wouldn't make a difference?

It seems strange that it would show more cruises that say they qualify for the double points when I’m not logged in than it does when I am. Also it was showing different options to me and my husband when we are at the same level. But I don’t pretend to understand how the back end of the NCL website works. 

Some of these observations, IMHO, attest to the overall "competencies" of NCL's IT and accounting systems interface, sales and customer services, including CruiseNext ... even when it is written in writing, there is no absolute guarantee to assure that you will receive the promised items under the contract(s) and T&C.  It is what it is ... for your (in)convenience, of course - now with the new taglines.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, PistolPete13 said:

Are you saying that "poking around the NCL website" can in some way affect an existing booking?  Can you please explain?

2 hours ago, LloydJr said:

Are you saying that "poking around the NCL website" can in some way affect an existing booking?  Can you please explain?

During my last booking in Feb., the site kept dropping then adding excursions that I'd already paid for, came up with random numbers saying I still owed money, etc.  And the topper was that even a week after final check-in, I had to go about in a convoluted manner to dig up my eDocs.

I'm just saying that after 30 yrs of dealing with various aspects in software development, my gut is telling me there is something going on behind the scenes right now to add to the instability.  When I booked my cruise last October, I had none of these quirks present themselves.

It could be specific to my account but just saying to tread carefully if you have all your reservations and excusions set.

-Pete

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

During my last booking in Feb., the site kept dropping then adding excursions that I'd already paid for, came up with random numbers saying I still owed money, etc.  And the topper was that even a week after final check-in, I had to go about in a convoluted manner to dig up my eDocs.

I'm just saying that after 30 yrs of dealing with various aspects in software development, my gut is telling me there is something going on behind the scenes right now to add to the instability.  When I booked my cruise last October, I had none of these quirks present themselves.

It could be specific to my account but just saying to tread carefully if you have all your reservations and excusions set.

-Pete

That would seem like more reason to keep an eye on what the website is showing.

Hi,

Bird's link sent you directly to the Ts&Cs.

One way to get there on your own: On the website select the Cruise Deals menu, then select Free at Sea: 

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-deals/free-at-sea

On the Free at Sea page that comes up, select the link *view for full terms and conditions. Below is an image of the link - go to the website for the actual link

image.png.ab13320951022b64a962669c9f75defb.png

I saw  that but didn’t consider the multiple points as FAS, so didn’t open that tab.  Thanks for the heads up.  Don’t ya just love how NCL puts things in an unusual spot?  But we are getting closer to Easter, so it’s good practice for hunting Easter eggs.

Edited by MagnoliaBlossom
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

CruiseNext DoubleUP promotion valid for ALL staterooms (including Insides & OV) is coming back tomorrow - Happy St. Patrick's Day, perhaps ... from NCL - apply to/valid for all new bookings (current ones ... should be valid, just make sure any existing perks/promo are protected and not lost, etc. by applying this to a current reservation) - learn this from speaking live to a PCC at Miami directy, ours will be applied tomorrow when she gets "in" to her virtual office.  Updated confirmation/amenity details will be emailed to us.  

And, not that this matter at all to us - retains the LATDBLX (triple points per night).  No other additional or special promotional add-ons that she can see & enroll us in ... 

NCLH shareholder OBC - nowadays, they advised it can take up to 7 days to be processed & updated/reflected in the system (and, submit it at least 15 days prior to embarkation) ... our most recent one was processed & issued within 3 business days (weekends & holidays excluded)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/14/2023 at 4:54 PM, PistolPete13 said:

-Pete

Yes, the website recently had some issues.  Correction - more issues than normal.  Everytime I tried to view my edocs for my Feb cruise, it would take me to the payment page.  And at one point, it said I owed for the DSC - which I did owe but wasn't planning on paying at that time.  And so on.

Wasn't just you, several others noted issues as well.  Seems to have been fixed - or at least I haven't seen any recent posts about it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mking8288 said:

CruiseNext DoubleUP promotion valid for ALL staterooms (including Insides & OV) is coming back tomorrow - Happy St. Patrick's Day, perhaps ... from NCL - apply to/valid for all new bookings (current ones ... should be valid, just make sure any existing perks/promo are protected and not lost, etc. by applying this to a current reservation) - learn this from speaking live to a PCC at Miami directy, ours will be applied tomorrow when she gets "in" to her virtual office.  Updated confirmation/amenity details will be emailed to us.  

And, not that this matter at all to us - retains the LATDBLX (triple points per night).  No other additional or special promotional add-ons that she can see & enroll us in ... 

NCLH shareholder OBC - nowadays, they advised it can take up to 7 days to be processed & updated/reflected in the system (and, submit it at least 15 days prior to embarkation) ... our most recent one was processed & issued within 3 business days (weekends & holidays excluded)

Yay - I was hoping double up was coming, thought it might.  I just lost a double-up when I repriced an existing cruise onboard, so now to just put it back on! 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Thanks for the heads up!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Thanks for the heads up!

No problem - this promo offer, apparently, still not widely publicized on NCL's website and one of the several PCC that constantly "bomb" our F&F circles still hasn't alerted us about this renewed offer, LOL.

Just got an updated amenity/confirmation, 2 CNC successfully applied today to our "OB" booking and still coded, among others, LATDBLX 

Next, going to do the Meta upgrade using BOA's points to move up to a balcony, let's see what we can get or choose, LOL.  Wish us luck 😁 😆 😉 😎