Preparing gratuities

Maplemoose

3 minutes ago, Maplemoose said:

Can I still prepay gratuities after final payment? I can't see anyplace where I can do so online. Can I presume that OBC can be used against gratuities?

Yes, I believe you can.  If you booked direct then call Celebrity and tell them you want to prepay your gratuities using OBC.  If you booked through a TA, call your TA and have her/him do it for you.

15 minutes ago, Maplemoose said:

Can I still prepay gratuities after final payment? I can't see anyplace where I can do so online. Can I presume that OBC can be used against gratuities?

If you have OBC, then the daily gratuities would be deducted  each day of the cruise.  You can check this by going on the TV and visiting. My Account.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Maplemoose said:

Yes On Board Credit can be used for gratuities.  

• Like 1

Yes on OBC. Since the OBC is already "in the bank" you're not going to get the usual hedge against changes in the CAD/USD exchange rate (I assume the OBC is in USD?). If that's what you're thinking, I'd take a look to make sure you know whether it makes more sense to pay them separately now (depending on the exchange rate that I haven't been following).

We've done AI on our last two cruises, so I haven't had to do this online, and there was no advantage to me paying in USD to even look for it.