Cape Liberty transfer to airport

1Virgo

Apologies if this has been addressed already. Today i went to book transfer through Celebrity to the airport.  Once I inputted flight departure, website would not allow me to change to an earlier time. Their  Drop-off   12:30 for a 2 pm international departure.  I dont think so.   Especially considering the number of international travellers and processing through security.  

Anyone have a recommended transfer?  Appreciate your input. 

We disembarked in Cape liberty in October and there were two shuttles offered. One at 8 AM the second at 8:45 we took the 8:45 and were at Newark by 9:40  The day we disembarked it was cold and raining and the line for taxis stretched to at least 200 people,  later reports were that people stood in the rain for almost 2 hours, waiting for a taxi or Uber.

You can book the transfer once on the ship.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

Apologies if this has been addressed already. Today i went to book transfer through Celebrity to the airport.  Once I inputted flight departure, website would not allow me to change to an earlier time. Their  Drop-off   12:30 for a 2 pm international departure.  I dont think so.   Especially considering the number of international travellers and processing through security.  

Anyone have a recommended transfer?  Appreciate your input. 

That has got to be a huge CYA.  They have every passenger off the ship by 9:15.  Unless there is a tour associated with the transfer it doesn’t take 3 hours to get to any of the airports. 
Check when you are on the ship

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 3/5/2023 at 10:18 PM, jelayne said:

We disembarked in Cape liberty in October and there were two shuttles offered. One at 8 AM the second at 8:45 we took the 8:45 and were at Newark by 9:40  The day we disembarked it was cold and raining and the line for taxis stretched to at least 200 people,  later reports were that people stood in the rain for almost 2 hours, waiting for a taxi or Uber.

You can book the transfer once on the ship.

Thanks for this! I'm local (well, in Brooklyn) and am splurging for a ride to the port, but disembarking I had not decided on yet. I realized I have an unused NJ Transit ticket from EWR to Penn Station in NYC (yes, it includes Air Train), so taking the shuttle to EWR would be my most economical option. Glad to know I can book it on board - I'd thought if my driver going is good I might see if I can book with them directly to come back, but options are good.

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've always used Uber with no problems at all.   

When we disembarked there in May it took 15 minutes for us to book a Lyft, and an hour for him to get there.  People were having all kinds of trouble with both Uber and Lyft.  Our friends got in a taxi line, and ended up paying 80.00 to the airport. 

Someone at the port told me Saturdays are always difficult.