paper- really?

pavementends

Working through the forms for a cruise in June. It says

"to board the ship, the vaccination certificate must be printed in two copies and presented at the terminal during the check-in and embarkation process."

I don't remember doing this before- is it real- is it new?

1 hour ago, pavementends said:

Working through the forms for a cruise in June. It says

"to board the ship, the vaccination certificate must be printed in two copies and presented at the terminal during the check-in and embarkation process."

I don't remember doing this before- is it real- is it new?

2 copies? Nope, never. I bring my vax card and have never made a copy of it. It has always been accepted.  What forms are you working through for a cruise that is 3 months away?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lois R said:

2 copies? Nope, never. I bring my vax card and have never made a copy of it. It has always been accepted.  What forms are you working through for a cruise that is 3 months away?

Same here.  I have to ask what country/port?  

14 hours ago, Lois R said:

UK departure, Guest info pages, page for Health Acknowledgement. What I posted is direct copy and and paste.

I have a feeling many of us do not actually read the entire page before clicking OK.

1 minute ago, pavementends said:

UK departure, Guest info pages, page for Health Acknowledgement. What I posted is direct copy and and paste.

I have a feeling many of us do not actually read the entire page before clicking OK.

Oh, are you referring to the items on the "My Silversea" account?  I thought you meant you had received paperwork from SS about your cruise via email  and that was why I was confused. 

• Thanks 1

Now I wonder if that is a change and I’m pretty sure I read the requirements before our last cruise.  We certainly weren’t asked for any printed copies of our vaccination certificates to get on the Dawn in January.  

Edited by Randyk47

37 minutes ago, RachelG said:

We also didn't have to produce printed copies.  I had the original vaccine certificates with me, but I don't think they even looked at those either. 

They “looked” at ours but it was more of a glance than examining the information and they certainly didn’t record or write down any information.  I don’t remember but maybe we put down our last booster shot date on the health form.   It doesn’t seem very rigorous or detailed.  Might add that face mask were seldom seen.  The most wearers were crew and staff and we were told personnel joining the ship had to wear their masks for the first five days after they got on.  We saw very few passengers wearing them.   

17 hours ago, pavementends said:

If you are a UK resident its all on your NHS app no need for paper

As I posted earlier I really don’t see a need for printing out copies of our vaccination cards and indeed if it was a requirement I missed earlier this year it wasn’t an issue in Ft Lauderdale in January.  What I would like to know or have clarified is if this is a new or changed requirement.  I certainly don’t want to show up in Ft Lauderdale this coming December and be caught up in some administrative hassle because I don’t have copies.  Making copies is no big deal in and of itself so at this point, assuming no change in the language on MySilversea, I’ll just do it.  In some ways it’s like the cruise tickets which we always print out and carry with us but in 11 years and 15 Silversea cruises have only had to produce once and that was to the port authority in Greece to get to the terminal not Silversea staff.   Better to be prepared than to go through the hassle at the terminal no matter how silly or useless it seems to be.     Might add that right now my wife and I are update to date but our next cruise is 290 +/- days from now and I have seen no firm guidance on what if any boosters will be required or even available this year.   

Edited by Randyk47

4 minutes ago, Randyk47 said:

As I posted earlier I really don’t see a need for printing out copies of our vaccination cards and indeed if it was a requirement I missed earlier this year it wasn’t an issue in Ft Lauderdale in January.  What I would like to know or have clarified is if this is a new or changed requirement.  I certainly don’t want to show up in Ft Lauderdale this coming December and be caught up in some administrative hassle because I don’t have copies.  Making copies is no big deal in and of itself so at this point, assuming no change in the language on MySilversea, I’ll just do it.  In some ways it’s like the cruise tickets which we always print out and carry with us but in 11 years and 15 Silversea cruises have only had to produce once and that was to the port authority in Greece to get to the terminal not Silversea staff.   Better to be prepared than to go through the hassle at the terminal no matter how silly or useless it seems to be.     Might add that right now my wife and I are update to date but our next cruise is 290 +/- days from now and I have seen no firm guidance on what if any boosters will be required or even available this year.   

Hi Randy, my question is :WHY? Why would they even need 2 copies?

19 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Randy, my question is :WHY? Why would they even need 2 copies?

I agree….I see no reason to have one copy much less two.   Having spent 42 years as a Federal employee I’ve seen a lot of useless or pointless “red tape” and admittedly have usually just shrugged and complied.   Kind of an “easier to go along to get along” than understanding or agreeing.   Will say my wife still works for the Federal government and the post-Covid guidance is still written in pencil or on a chalk board.  She is the chief of staff for her part of an agency and I’ve lost track of the number of times she’s written implementing guidance for her staff only to have it change within days or weeks.  About as firm a jell-o on a warm day.