Sig Bev Package doesn't cover much with the increase in drink prices?

Nickelpenny

Someone posted the MDR menus from the NA on another site and I noticed the increase in drink prices.  I noticed it because I saw the Aperol Spritz is now $10.75 instead of $9.75.  And the Cosmo and Brooklyn are $12 taking it out of the <$11 for the Signature Bev Package.  I know if I ordered these I would just be paying the difference ($1.18).  But still.  My SBP isn't not really getting me anything!!  (sorry for the mini-rant).  Still looking for to boarding the NS next Saturday!!!!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

Glad to know that the $10.75 Aperol Spritz makes the cut!   DH and I looked over the bar menus and will be able to get everything that we need with the Signature.

I need to check out the new bar menus.  After tasting the Aperol Spritz in Italy, I love it.  But I am a beer/wine drinker with an occasional mixed drink (or champagne).  I need to make a "I can have" list because I don't want a bill at the end of my cruise.  (saving OBC for other things!!  LOL!!)

10 minutes ago, oakridger said:

The SBP is still any drink $11 or less, correct?  If one only drinks >$11 drinks, then consider upgrading to Elite Beverage Package immediately upon boarding.

~Nancy

Agree.

If the OP could provide any more details on the increased prices, so the rest of us could judge the new price/value ratio...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

Someone posted the MDR menus from the NA on another site and I noticed the increase in drink prices.  I noticed it because I saw the Aperol Spritz is now $10.75 instead of $9.75.  And the Cosmo and Brooklyn are $12 taking it out of the <$11 for the Signature Bev Package. 

Not a surprise. HAL needs more money. Easier to adjust the prices of small items than the cruise fare. Will be more 'adjustments'. 😒

Just off Oosterdam and we were very happy indeed with the Signature 

drinks package. Amazing range of cocktails and a good variety of beers

and wines. As a comparison, we think it is far superior to that offered by 

Celebrity and Azamara.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Agree.

If the OP could provide any more details on the increased prices, so the rest of us could judge the new price/value ratio...

I only saw the post with the MDR menu on another site.  I will see if I can find it again and post it.  HScreenShot2023-03-12at05_48_58.thumb.png.3ee1c593924a124636c62ebc45d763a3.png

Edited by Nickelpenny
add pic
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

Glad to know that the $10.75 Aperol Spritz makes the cut!   DH and I looked over the bar menus and will be able to get everything that we need with the Signature.

Where do you find the bar menu?

5 minutes ago, Nickelpenny said:

I only saw the post with the MDR menu on another site.  I will see if I can find it again and post it.  HScreenShot2023-03-12at05_48_58.thumb.png.3ee1c593924a124636c62ebc45d763a3.png

Difficult to edit original post but this was from a person who was in Curacao (so whatever ship is doing that now, that is where this is from).

Thanks for those. I don't see a big increase, generally,  and it seems to stay within the Signature Beverage package. I am sure others miles may vary.

I also note there were 3 or 4 brands of champagne not listed on the menus when we sailed in July.

4 hours ago, Mary229 said:

All of the drink menus on the Volendam now include the notation that if you have HIA (signature package) then you only pay the difference 

That's great! I'll be looking forward to that on my July cruise. 

Thank you.