Pinnicle Grill Demonic steak

carefree@sea

17 minutes ago, carefree@sea said:

Who has had the delmonico steak?  Can't wait to enjoy this steak!

I haven't had this demonic steak, but I would hope it would come with some nice satanic sides.

Edited by Sea Hag
  • Like 3
  • Haha 14

PS: If you catch it soon enough, you can edit the title thread when discovering an oooops. The nasty spell check fairies are demonic enough, deserving a.... stake... in their treacherous little hearts,

• Like 1

The codeword to getting a good char on your steak in PG is tell them you want it “Pittsburgh Style”. Normally that’s black and blue but in PG lingo it means well seared. So you can order it Pittsburgh Style and medium rare or any level of doneness you like. It’s a great improvement over the normal way they make it. 

The Delmonico is an excellent choice however their standard 15 ounce boneless ribeye is almost as good and its not an upcharge item. If you like surf and turf spring for the 12 ounce lobster tail for $15 and get the ribeye too (they will give you any regular entrée for no extra charge whenever you order an upcharge item). We usually order the ribeye to share because it’s pretty big. 

Edited by Real NHDOC
  • Like 3

Never get a straight answer. The one we had sure seemed like a rib eye. They claim it is dry aged and is the only meat on the ship dry aged. They also say the lobster tail is from Maine on the menu but it’s clearly Caribbean lobster. It’s very good but not Maine lobster!!

Unfortunately, there is no authentic or authoritative definition of "Delmonico Steak". The term was first used around 1837 to refer to the featured steak at the Delmonico Restaurant.  Unfortunately, there is no written documentation of what cut of meat was used for that steak.  Delmonico's is still in business and on their menu a Delmonico steak is a boneless ribeye, and many places serving a "Delmonico" also use boneless ribeye. But not everyone does, sometimes using any beef from the rib, short loin, or even the chuck eye.  

A now long retired third generation butcher I bought from for years sold bone-in and boneless ribeye and a cut he called Delmonico. He claimed his father and grandfather taught him the technique and it was similar to what Delmonico's Restaurant used.  His cut included only the main center muscle (ligmissimus dorsi) of the ribeye. He trimmed off the ribeye cap (spinalis dorsi), all connective material, and the larger pieces of external or intervening fat.  This left a very tender steak that, because of the nice internal marbling, remained juicy and had great taste. I don't know if HAL or anyone else goes to this effort for their "Delmonico Steak", but the center piece of a ribeye is what I think of as a Delmonico.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sea42 said:

So now the food isn't just bad, it's evil!😁

I know my husband is looking forward this steak on our upcoming cruise. Thanks for tips on how to order it.

And a stated of Candied Bacon for the table is a must (equally evil).

• Haha 1