Princess Cruises Reversible Jacket- Pre-Order?

FrankieJayIII

What is the deal with these jackets?  How do they work when you pre-buy them.   What sizes do they offer?  How do you get the jacket?  Is this a "one size fits all"?  I am trying to understand the process.

Princess Cruises Reversible Jacket

$35.00

Our high quality reversible fleece to nylon jacket is the perfect addition to your cruise wardrobe while traveling on Princess. Features full zip-up closure with fleece lining and an adjustable hood.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seeyouinthesun said:

I have been wondering the same. The price seems low for what is. 

Really?   Nylon?  Fleece?   I mean “fleece” hasn’t meant that it comes from sheep’s wool for over a decade.  

They’re made from dinosaur sludge like everything else these days.  $35 Might be a little steep for what it cost them.  

I actually have one of them. Ordered for Alaska cruise (in case needed warmer jacket than the rain one I was bringing).

The jacket will not be shipped to you, you will have to go to the shops and get one from their inventory. Sizing available is limited and not guaranteed, ie you might have to settle for different size than you ordered.

I did not like the Nylon part of the jacket AT ALL, it sounds crinckly when you move, I hate that. I have not tried reversing it, but also wouldnt want to wear crinkly nylon on the inside.

Long story short, dont buy it beforehand, try it out in the shops first and if you like it get it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not sure what to advise..wanted to buy a Princess expandable roller bag to take purchases home. Unfortunately they were out of stock on our 2022, B2B cruise so we couldn’t get one. No huge issue just squashed everything into case and prayed was within weight allowance.

My worry would be if they didn’t have stock/ size you might be without a jacket unless pre ordered ??? Might depend on when you are travelling..beginning or end of season, and how many they sell. ?? Decisions, decisions ! 

• Like 1

If you pre-purchase you will get a voucher in your cabin. You take the voucher to the shop and select the size you want.

If it isn’t a gift, it’s just as easy to wait and purchase once you are on the ship and can see what you are getting. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, FrankieJayIII said:

Thank you for all the replies.

Ive decided to buy McKinley Mac the moose and the jackets on-board.

Mac the moose is adorable! Please beware that he is larger that standard Stanley. Mac and the jacket was my exact preorder for Alaska cruise last year 🙂

On 3/13/2023 at 5:01 AM, CapnCrews said:

Really?   Nylon?  Fleece?   I mean “fleece” hasn’t meant that it comes from sheep’s wool for over a decade.  

They’re made from dinosaur sludge like everything else these days.  $35 Might be a little steep for what it cost them.  

No.  It means you're being 'fleeced'. 😉

• Haha 3

On 3/12/2023 at 10:32 PM, FrankieJayIII said:

What is the deal with these jackets?  How do they work when you pre-buy them.   What sizes do they offer?  How do you get the jacket?  Is this a "one size fits all"?  I am trying to understand the process.

Princess Cruises Reversible Jacket

$35.00

Our high quality reversible fleece to nylon jacket is the perfect addition to your cruise wardrobe while traveling on Princess. Features full zip-up closure with fleece lining and an adjustable hood.

They usually put these on sale during the cruise! I can’t remember the price, but think it was around $20.

attempt to show two pictures, one of nylon side other reversed to fleece side

has a hood

the sleeve at the wrist has zipper 

both sides have deep pockets

both sides have accents of yellow and white

bought roomy so we could wear sweatshirt/layers under it

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, roxievegas said:

attempt to show two pictures, one of nylon side other reversed to fleece side

has a hood

the sleeve at the wrist has zipper 

both sides have deep pockets

both sides have accents of yellow and white

bought roomy so we could wear sweatshirt/layers under it

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

Yeah.  If it was pouring outside on an excursion and someone offered me one I would graciously accept.  

As soon as it stopped raining I would slip it into the nearest plastic recycling bin.  

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, CapnCrews said:

Yeah.  If it was pouring outside on an excursion and someone offered me one I would graciously accept.  

As soon as it stopped raining I would slip it into the nearest plastic recycling bin.  

It is a nice jacket.  Not junk

• Like 5

• 1 year later...

I bought one on HAL, marked down after the Alaska season. It's a complete gimmick, because neither side is warm enough, with just a coating of fleece and then nylon on the other side, and it's not the same material across the coat on either side, so it feels uncomfortable and has no waterproofing. So definitely try on board before buying, and don't get seduced by the urge to buy or brand loyalty, since there are probably better options. You would get hypothermia in half an hour standing in Glacier Bay in such a coat--I use thermal jackets or fleece under a good raincoat. 

I have one that is several years old and love it! Never reverse it though because I like the fleece to be on the inside. No crackle to it at all.

I'm thinking about spraying the nylon side with waterproofing spray before our Alaska cruise in September. Has anyone else done that? How did it turn out? It works well on my Nikes. TIA!👍