Princess ships for 2024-2025

1 hour ago, icat2000 said:

See amended post. I was looking at the package included price. I didn't notice the other one first.

The package included fare is higher because the Plus package was only $40pp when they released the 2024 WC. Now it's $65pp.

10 hours ago, arxcards said:

Not bad for 113 days & nights of drinking money.

Truly though, we are seriously contemplating doing this as standard fare. The itinerary is a bit different, and we kinda like it.

We kinda like the itinerary too, but travel insurance for the London/Sydney sector would be scandalous so we are booking the Sydney/London sector ...be my 1st cruise as a retiree...😉  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, badgerbill said:

We kinda like the itinerary too, but travel insurance for the London/Sydney sector would be scandalous so we are booking the Sydney/London sector ...be my 1st cruise as a retiree...😉  

Smart move.  I wouldn't have thought of that on a world cruise. Sadly I've crossed USA off my travel list, but hope for another London visit.  Bon Voyage!  

12 hours ago, badgerbill said:

What makes the difference to the insurance price? Is it the itinerary or the point of origin?

38 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

What makes the difference to the insurance price? Is it the itinerary or the point of origin?

It is the fact that you are visiting the U.S.where if you become ill,  then the medical bills are exhorbitant. So the travel insurance companies load their prices accordingly.

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who shared the itineraries and brochures. We're very excited about the 29 night Yokohama to Adelaide itinerary and the opportunity to have our favourite ship bring us from one of our most beloved destinations, right to our doorstep. 🙏

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kellyansapansa said:

Thanks to everyone who shared the itineraries and brochures. We're very excited about the 29 night Yokohama to Adelaide itinerary and the opportunity to have our favourite ship bring us from one of our most beloved destinations, right to our doorstep. 🙏

We too are going to be on this cruise. We will be disembarking in Melbourne. We have been on the Diamond before and especially love the toilets!

• Like 1

Just now, Aussie Gal said:

We too are going to be on this cruise. We will be disembarking in Melbourne. We have been on the Diamond before and especially love the toilets!

There is so much to love about the Diamond. The toilets are a definite highlight, and so is the Izumi Bathhouse. See you there! 🥰

On 3/22/2023 at 8:47 PM, badgerbill said:

We are now looking at the scandalous insurance instead and doing some homework for the London to Sydney half. Barb has family in England, so it is looking like a UK holiday followed by a cruise home via the Norwegian fjords, Iceland, US, Machu Picchu (another expensive part) and Panama Canal.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Aussie Gal said:

We loved Diamond too, but that was before she scored her special toilets & bathhouse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

We are now looking at the scandalous insurance instead and doing some homework for the London to Sydney half. Barb has family in England, so it is looking like a UK holiday followed by a cruise home via the Norwegian fjords, Iceland, US, Machu Picchu (another expensive part) and Panama Canal.

It is a great itinerary.  If  you can get to Machu Picchu for a day or so, it will be well worth it. We did a side trip back in 2006 for five days and loved that part of Peru, especially Cusco and the Sacred Valley. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, arxcards said:

Travel insurance is less expensive in England if your wife is eligible to buy insurance there.  

9 hours ago, arxcards said:

Nice plans there, we have lots of family and friends in the UK so plenty to do when we get there...haven't worked out how we are getting home yet...bet it involves a land holiday of some kind though...😊

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Could someone please provide a link to the USD pricing for the whole release?  
TIA 

I don't think we have been given the U.S. pricing, only the Aussie and N.Z. prices seem to be the only ones released.

1 hour ago, Aussie Gal said:

I don't think we have been given the U.S. pricing, only the Aussie and N.Z. prices seem to be the only ones released.

We might have to wait a week or two.  I’ll ask my US TA if they have pricing yet.  
Cheers.  

We are looking at the 113 day SYD- SYD option.Just a couple of questions.

1. Does the cruise include gratuities because it starts and finishes in Sydney?

2. Is on board currency in AU$?

3. Does the ANZ credit card complimentary travel insurance cover you for the whole cruise, especially for the US portion, which is only 3 days in port?

Looking at the itinerary it shows Easter Island as a black dot which usually indicates a port/ tender stop, but the actual itinerary says scenic cruising for that particular day. If EI is not offered as a port stop then that could be a deal breaker for us as to whether we book or not,

Thanks in advance for any input.

Jenny