NCL transfer from Orlando

jeffw67

We live in a suburb of Orlando. There is a thriving Uber business between the airport and the cruise terminal - will take you about an hour (honestly, a lot of that is just getting out of Orlando traffic and the indescribably horrible I4 traffic).

There are taxis as well (quite expensive), and plenty of non-NCL shuttles to be pre-booked or booked when you land that leave 24/7 from the airport. 

Tourism is the backbone of Orlando, so you do have plenty of non-NCL transfer options if you choose. I have heard that the NCL transfers are pretty reliable, but they often are held at the airport waiting for flights to come in. Depending on how early you are trying to get on the ship, this may be a negative. 

Flying in the day of a cruise is stressful enough - I wish you well on your transfer!

Warmest, Amy

• Like 3

The first transfer out is going to depend on the first transfer in from PC.  We used an NCL shuttle from PC to Orlando last year and arrived around 8:45 so once those passengers disembarked the bus, others could get on for the return trip to PC.

There are lots of transfer options on the Florida Departures board on this forum.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jeffw67 said:

Arriving in Orlando at 5:30am for cruise out of Cape Canaveral. (I know....arrggg lol) Anyone know how early Norwegian transfers start? 

Don't know if you're traveling solo or with a group, but solo @ 37.50 for the shuttle would be the only way I would possibly consider it, but there are many shared shuttles that will get you there for around 25.00. And would be in a van instead of a bus and as mentioned cheaper.  If there are two of you, Uber or Lyft would be a great choice and if 3 or more, Uber XL or Lyft XL.

There's one other option - just rent a car.  The rental agencies are well aware of the one-way desire to rent a car for this and have even set their hours for the drop-off location near the port accordingly.  It's a tiny car (not quite a Smart car, but a small Mitsubishi) but I did a one-way rental for a day as I'm flying in the evening before the cruise and it was under $100.  The drop-off location has a free shuttle to the cruise port.

It kind of works out for them - people getting off the ship will often want a one-way TO the airport, and spend time at one of the parks before their flight, so the one-ways FROM the airport facilitate stocking the port side with cars for that.

• Thanks 1

Took an Uber from the airport to the Prima last month.  Was $58 plus tip.  Was cost effective and loads more comfortable and faster than NCL’s big bus transfer.  Far better way to start your cruise.

We sailed on the Escape 2 weeks ago, and arrived at the terminal around 12:10.  The line looked like it was almost out the door when we got up the escalator.  The good news is the line moved steadily, and we were walking onto the ship in under 30 minutes.  So don't be afraid of getting to the terminal around that time.

Also, non-NCL shuttles might take you to Carnival and Disney drop offs first.  A grand tour of port confusion for no extra cost!

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

I would much much prefer transfers on NCL or GoPort motor coaches than being stuck in someone’s arm pit crammed on a van for an hour. We made that mistake once. Never again. 

Motor coaches of 50 versus a van of 12 versus a SUV of 2.  Have utilized all three.  Our preference is SUV, van, bus.  We used the NCL bus to MIA off the Encore in January and it was a cluster the entire time, including getting dropped off at baggage claim and having to go through the entire airport to get to check in.  One and done.  We'll stick with Uber XL or Lyft XL.

• Like 1