Bermuda issues?

macewank

2 hours ago, Uniqeni said:

We are also scheduled 3/31 on the Pearl for a 7 night, 3 days in Bermuda. Hopefully it doesn't get diverted. I really love the Island. I'm not a beach person so the colder temps don't get me down. I've been eyeing the forecast as well. I'm glad it's not likely to be accurate yet. The rain every day would be a bummer

We'll be on board with you!  We went to Bermuda on the Pearl last year on 4/4 and the weather was lovely (even if the water was still a bit cool).  However, the water was rough on the crossing and the staff said that it was normal for that time of year.

On 3/19/2023 at 7:09 PM, JessLCH said:

Yikes, we're on the April 2 seven night sailing with 3 overnights in Bermuda scheduled. I was not aware Bermuda was regularly missed.

Wow, I am on this cruise too and had no idea we would overnight 3 nights in Bermuda. Check your itinerary again. I believe we are only there 2 overnights.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2023 at 5:53 PM, bluesea777 said:

Weather related, that’s all. Rough seas surrounding Bermuda that is surrounded with reefs, and high winds that make entry and docking difficult. 

‘WC ’ means Weather cancelled. 

3 months and every single cruise has not been able to dock there because of weather?! I find that a little unrealistic. 

27 minutes ago, disneylover89 said:

3 months and every single cruise has not been able to dock there because of weather?! I find that a little unrealistic. 

Not correct ....

Jan 2023: 4 out of 6 (NCL: 3 out of 5)

Feb 2023: 1 out of 4 (NCL: 0 out of 3)

so far March 2023: 1 out of 6 (NCL: 0 out of 3)

The GEM is coming in tomorrow! Definitely!

13 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

Not correct ....

Jan 2023: 4 out of 6 (NCL: 3 out of 5)

Feb 2023: 1 out of 4 (NCL: 0 out of 3)

so far March 2023: 1 out of 6 (NCL: 0 out of 3)

The GEM is coming in tomorrow! Definitely!

It should have read NCL has not docked in Bermuda for 2 months. The last time NCL docked in Bermuda was January 18th. IF it docks tomorrow, it will have been a full 2 months and 7 straight cruises that NCL has not docked in Bermuda. 

I was on the Getaway in February that was a 5-day to Bermuda (2 days, 1 overnight) that ended up in Nassau, Bahamas for 6 hrs (from 9:00 PM to 3:00 AM). Essentially a cruise to nowhere, but at least was able to go ashore and get some conch fritters and a couple of Sands' beers. Halifax weather was also going to be bad, and 0 degrees Farenheit, so south we went.

I would book a Jan-Mar Bermuda cruise again, but it would need to be a 7-day with 3 days, 2 overnights planned for Bermuda, so if the ship did have to divert south there would be time to get somewhere. The 5-day just doesn't have time for a good alternative itinerary.

3 hours ago, vince_g said:

Wow, I am on this cruise too and had no idea we would overnight 3 nights in Bermuda. Check your itinerary again. I believe we are only there 2 overnights.

You are correct, I meant 3 days/2 overnights.

4 minutes ago, JessLCH said:

You are correct, I meant 3 days/2 overnights.

I thought it was 3 nights - we arrive Sunday 4/2 at 12:30pm and leave on Wednesday 4/5 at 7:00am.  We don't really spend any time there on Wednesday, but we are docked for the Tuesday-Wednesday overnight.  Or do I have the itinerary wrong?

25 minutes ago, Lex1 said:

I thought it was 3 nights - we arrive Sunday 4/2 at 12:30pm and leave on Wednesday 4/5 at 7:00am.  We don't really spend any time there on Wednesday, but we are docked for the Tuesday-Wednesday overnight.  Or do I have the itinerary wrong?

Not sure what cruise you are on. I'm on the Prima departing NYC on 4/2.

1 minute ago, JessLCH said:

Not sure what cruise you are on. I'm on the Prima departing NYC on 4/2.

Oops, that explains it!  I'm on the 3/31 Pearl and thought I was losing my mind.

I'm on the Prima sailing 4/16 and by that time, several overnight stops should have already happened.

However, I'm on the Soca cruise, which you all may or may not know is transporting the performers for the on-land music festival in the Dockyard. What on earth would happen if we couldn't go to Bermuda that week! 

7 minutes ago, OrangeCatRamblers said:

I'm on the Prima sailing 4/16 and by that time, several overnight stops should have already happened.

However, I'm on the Soca cruise, which you all may or may not know is transporting the performers for the on-land music festival in the Dockyard. What on earth would happen if we couldn't go to Bermuda that week! 

@OrangeCatRamblers any chance you're considering a live blog? I think we're all dying to hear how this cruise works out... And all hoping for the best for you and your family!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WorkingForOBC said:

@OrangeCatRamblers any chance you're considering a live blog? I think we're all dying to hear how this cruise works out... And all hoping for the best for you and your family!

Not live since we, as a family, only want to unplug on vacation. But I'm sure I'll have a lot to say when I'm back! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OrangeCatRamblers said:

Not live since we, as a family, only want to unplug on vacation. But I'm sure I'll have a lot to say when I'm back! 

Totally respectable choice, and I am 100% in favor of that.

I truly hope they're a fun, lively group that brings a high energy vibe to the ship, and that your family will have a (positive) unique experience.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, WorkingForOBC said:

Totally respectable choice, and I am 100% in favor of that.

I truly hope they're a fun, lively group that brings a high energy vibe to the ship, and that your family will have a (positive) unique experience.

Thank you, that's very kind! As long as I can find a quiet nook for my crossword puzzles and Perry Mason novels (yes I'm a geriatric 40-something, why do you ask! 😂) I'll be ok. And hopefully my son will enjoy some teen freedom with other kids, without needing to walk through TOO much that's not PG-13! 

It was a long long time ago....1988  on our honeymoon. We did a 7 day to Bermuda in the middle of May. Our first cruise. There was a storm on the way down and I got terrible sea sickness,  and when we got there it was cloudy with off and on rain for the first 2 days. Hard to decide on any tours etc. The last day was the only really good day and temps were upper 70s to lower 80s. We rented mopeds and I survived it. LOL  We were glad we at least had that day because our ship did not have a ton of things to do. I really should have done my research for cruise lines. That one was the bits. But all in all, Bermuda was beautiful. You can't really judge what the weather will be like till a few days before. 

Edited by uneamie

@Lex1 you are correct …. and have not lost your mind …. Pearl is staying here 3 overnights, leaving at 7am on the Wednesday. 

I had a look in the Bermuda 2023 cruise schedule …. Pearl has 3 overnights here 4 times in April and revert to 2 overnights thereafter.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2023 at 6:49 AM, bluesea777 said:

@Lex1 you are correct …. and have not lost your mind …. Pearl is staying here 3 overnights, leaving at 7am on the Wednesday. 

I had a look in the Bermuda 2023 cruise schedule …. Pearl has 3 overnights here 4 times in April and revert to 2 overnights thereafter.

This is why we have booked during a school break for the first time. Have zero interest in going to Bar Harbor before it is open for the season. Being a New Englander I can honestly say it can still snow in April 😁.

• Like 1

Last year on the Pearl to Bermuda the first trip was M-F and that stopped in Bermuda for about 8 hours IIRC.  After that the next few were Fri to Fri and were supposed to be Sun to Wed AM in Bermuda and right back to Boston.  Starting in either late April/early May they would leave Tue afternoon and head to Bar Harbor.  The night before the first Fri to Fri cruise they sent an email out that those on the first few cruises that they would now depart Bermuda Tue afternoon and make Bar Harbor on Thur.  Some on that first cruise did not find out until they were either at the port or on the ship as they must not have checked their emails.