Just Off Beyond, Holy Ship,What A Ship!

Wakepatrol

23 hours ago, Lastdance said:
On 3/21/2023 at 1:17 PM, jules815 said:

An S class ship for continual creaking.  Never on E class!

I know from personal experience that some cabins on Beyond certainly do have banging noises.  And this video is from another person who experienced it on Beyond.

22 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I know from personal experience that some cabins on Beyond certainly do have banging noises.  And this video is from another person who experienced it on Beyond.

I am not disputing that point, but “I” have never stayed in an E class cabin/suite that had those noises; however, I have on s class.  Yes, I have seen that video, but trying to understand why you are singling out my comment.  The person was asking clarification from my personal experience, so you need to share this information on their comment, please, or direct to research issue because several have posted this information. I do have 21 days starting in April, so if my cabin/suite has noises, I will post on here.  Share with that person your cabin/suite number too!

Edited by Lastdance

On 3/21/2023 at 10:17 AM, jules815 said:

This is the second time I've heard about continual creaking. Are you also talking about the Infinite Veranda? We were on a cruise once on a different line during a hurricane and experienced very rough seas and a horrible clanging sound from either the window or the balcony door that they had blocked off. (Cove Balcony room on Carnival) 

Has anyone else experienced this creaking with the Infinity veranda? We have one booked for a transatlantic next year on Ascent. 

Helen has shared a video and has had personal experience with creaking IV with a video etc. I am adding this because she wrote this to me, but it is you who should see it, just in case she does not share it with you personally.  I hope she does and shares her personal experience with this.

@Lastdance I quoted you due to your statement “Never on E Class!”  I took that to mean you were saying the noise issues were not an E Class problem.  Perhaps you meant you personally had never experienced it on an E Class ship. Either way, my post was to point out that, unfortunately, at least on Beyond, there have been reports of the noises.  

People who first reported it were met with skepticism and the “it’s a ship at sea; of course it will make the occasional noise” type of comment.  When our Beyond cruise came around last November I hoped we’d be lucky.  Have sailed Edge several times with no issues.  But unfortunately, our IV cabin 7161, definitely had the banging noises.  

As I don’t know of anyway to determine exactly which cabins have the issue, it was a deal breaker for me and we won’t sail on Beyond again.  We do have a cruise booked on Apex and once more I’ll hope for the best.

• Thanks 1

We had no creaking issues on EDGE in 2 diff type cabins and also did Okay on Beyond in a Sky Suite.  Hoping our luck holds for Ascent....

.Some of those videos are  scary noisy I  think there should be a "creaky cabin sticky"  at top of the Celeb board. 

Burying the info in gen cabin reviews not good enough! 

mods have to say okay and someone has to set it up..anyone??

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

Having twice been on the Edge and having removed any E-class ships from our future shopping (poor layout with a horribly noisy central area, we despise the IVs, horrible lack of shade outdoors) why should the Beyond be on our list when the Edge is not?

• Like 1