Premier Specialty Dining

Meekos7

Your best bet is to give it a try and see what happens. Be aware that it "may" say it is charging you and then zero out when you finalize the reservation. If it doesn't zero out you can always simply cancel the reservation so I don't see a downside to giving it a try.

• Like 1

I booked my two premier specialty dinners on the app with no issues. It showed me I had dining credits, and when I got to the payment page of the reservation it showed the final price as 0:00, and removed one credit.   

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Sea Green said:

I booked my two premier specialty dinners on the app with no issues. It showed me I had dining credits, and when I got to the payment page of the reservation it showed the final price as 0:00, and removed one credit.   

Same experience here, pain free 🍻😁

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Same experience here, pain free 🍻😁

i'm guessing that you will not be able to book specialty dining once onboard unless maybe you are in a suite, unless you prepay, then hope to use OBC once onboard and have the previous charge returned to your form of payment

I booked our two premium Speciality meals on the app, it showed 0.00 but it still says you have dining credit when I go into DMW .

11 hours ago, david63 said:

Try booking another one and see what happens - your credit card will not be happy!!

Exactly. We booked another one and it charged our credit card even though we had specialty dining credits and now we're trying to get our money back. What a hassle. Princess couldn't care less about us or this issue. Incredibly poor customer service.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/25/2023 at 11:28 PM, Shawn5 said:

Exactly. We booked another one and it charged our credit card even though we had specialty dining credits and now we're trying to get our money back. What a hassle. Princess couldn't care less about us or this issue. Incredibly poor customer service.

I am dealing with this right now. I was charged full price for two specialty restaurants, despite the app showing we have dining credits from the premier package.

Called in to get this resolved and the person I spoke with said that I need to make a reservation and that my partner would need to make their own reservation in order for us to use the credits, which makes zero sense. Huh?

She then tried to transfer me to guest services for support and I was placed on hold for over an hour...only to be disconnected. 

Hoping you had better luck than me in getting this figured out. 

11 minutes ago, tlc1972 said:

I am dealing with this right now. I was charged full price for two specialty restaurants, despite the app showing we have dining credits from the premier package.

Called in to get this resolved and the person I spoke with said that I need to make a reservation and that my partner would need to make their own reservation in order for us to use the credits, which makes zero sense. Huh?

She then tried to transfer me to guest services for support and I was placed on hold for over an hour...only to be disconnected. 

Hoping you had better luck than me in getting this figured out. 

Yes, that person was so wrong they need to be sent for re-programming.  Two people who want to dine together need to be on the same SD booking.  When those two people are cabinmates on the same booking, the System knows you each have a credit.  Either the credits work and are applied or not.  That said, I did have a quirky bug in the App for a time last year where it seemed to recognize one of us for credits, but not the other.  

I'd say, if you are concerned space will be gone by the time you step on board, then book and pay and see Guest Services on board about being rebated back.  That is going to be Refundable OBC, however, and not to your credit card, but at least the money is yours.

You can also cancel the res made in the App for SD and your refund goes back to the card used.  You can try re-booking and see if credits are accepted.  You could hang onto your res until close to cruise date and keep trying to make additional res and see if credits look to be accepting.  If so, cancel what you have and re-book right away and thinking space will still be there.  No guarantees.  I also don't think we guests know whether PCL is opening all table spaces to pre-cruise bookings, or still holding some back.  I'd lean to the latter in the absence of any evidence to the contrary as this was the past practice.  I just wouldn't dally about after boarding the ship if I wanted to book a particular venue and time.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, that person was so wrong they need to be sent for re-programming.  Two people who want to dine together need to be on the same SD booking.  When those two people are cabinmates on the same booking, the System knows you each have a credit.  Either the credits work and are applied or not.  That said, I did have a quirky bug in the App for a time last year where it seemed to recognize one of us for credits, but not the other.  

I'd say, if you are concerned space will be gone by the time you step on board, then book and pay and see Guest Services on board about being rebated back.  That is going to be Refundable OBC, however, and not to your credit card, but at least the money is yours.

You can also cancel the res made in the App for SD and your refund goes back to the card used.  You can try re-booking and see if credits are accepted.  You could hang onto your res until close to cruise date and keep trying to make additional res and see if credits look to be accepting.  If so, cancel what you have and re-book right away and thinking space will still be there.  No guarantees.  I also don't think we guests know whether PCL is opening all table spaces to pre-cruise bookings, or still holding some back.  I'd lean to the latter in the absence of any evidence to the contrary as this was the past practice.  I just wouldn't dally about after boarding the ship if I wanted to book a particular venue and time.

Thanks for all this @Steelers36

To add a bit more challenge, we are travelling with another couple who also have the specialty dining credits via the Princess Premiere. So not only was I charged for my partner and myself, I was also charged for the other couple. Again, the support person I spoke with told me to break up the reservations so everyone gets their own credit applied. That logic is so terrible. 

In any case, I am going to cancel one of the reservations and see about rebooking. But your suggestion to visit onboard Guest Services is smart - I'm more than happy to turn that into OBC for spa treatments. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tlc1972 said:

Thanks for all this @Steelers36

To add a bit more challenge, we are travelling with another couple who also have the specialty dining credits via the Princess Premiere. So not only was I charged for my partner and myself, I was also charged for the other couple. Again, the support person I spoke with told me to break up the reservations so everyone gets their own credit applied. That logic is so terrible. 

In any case, I am going to cancel one of the reservations and see about rebooking. But your suggestion to visit onboard Guest Services is smart - I'm more than happy to turn that into OBC for spa treatments. 

Glad the OBC can work for you as many of us would be looking for the cash, depending on how much other OBC we have. 

Yes, there is a real issue with two couples travelling together as DMW won't apply dining credits for both couples to a booking.  We had this situation last Fall where both we and our friends had DC's to use.  We just booked on board as DMW was taking 4 credits from us if I tried to book the four of us.  And it is necessary to be all on the same booking so you have a table for 4 instead of two 2-tops.

That was the point I was making to the support person: we need everyone on the same reservation in order to secure a table for 4. Their logic of breaking up the reservations individually would have had us all separate and eating solo. Once that sunk in, she told me she needed to have me speak to someone else in guest services for additional help. 🤦‍♂️

We have a plenty of time to figure it out, but do want to figure it out before getting on board! 

• Like 1