Back to Back Question

Coffeeluvr05

3 hours ago, trbarton said:

Nothing changes with the Medallion on B2B cruises. Your Medallion will show the dates from the start of your 1st cruise to the dates of your last cruise. 

Tom😀

I believe your Medallion only has the date of your 1st embarkation date, no thru date. You only get one Medallion and it will work for any subsequent B2B’s on the same ship whether you stay in same cabin or move. Occasionally, the battery runs low so guest services might replace with a ‘new’ Medallion, but the date should still remain as the embarkation date of the 1st cruise.

7 hours ago, wallyj said:

I believe your Medallion only has the date of your 1st embarkation date, no thru date. You only get one Medallion and it will work for any subsequent B2B’s on the same ship whether you stay in same cabin or move.

If you are changing cabins, will the Medallion be able to open both cabins for several hours on turnaround day  or does it just change to the new cabin at a certain time?

1 hour ago, caribill said:

If you are changing cabins, will the Medallion be able to open both cabins for several hours on turnaround day  or does it just change to the new cabin at a certain time?

We just finished a B2B2B2B2b on the Discovery Princess in 5 different cabins. We used the same medallion throughout the 5 cruises. I doubt it would open both cabins. I imagine it would be deactivated to the old cabin when we disembarked through security and reactivated to the new cabin a short time later we embarked through security. We did have a few problems with the medallion that required replacement , (dead battery, security problem) but they weren't related to cabin change.

Edited by billco

4 minutes ago, billco said:

We just finished a B2B2B2B2b on the Discovery Princess in 5 different cabins. We used the same medallion throughout the 5 cruises. I doubt it would open both cabins. I imagine it would be deactivated to the old cabin when we disembarked through security and reactivated to the new cabin a short time later we embarked through security.

Thanks.

Usually in that situation we would move some stuff on our own (for example, safe contents) as soon as the new cabin was vacant and would thus need access to both cabins at the same time.

• 1 month later...

Can someone confirm if these 2 b2b cruises are ok or violate the PVSA ?

1.  Vancouver to LA return to Vancouver with stops in San Francisco AND then Vancouver to LA with stops in Victoria, San Francisco and San Diego ending in LA.

2.  Vancouver to LA with stops in Victoria and San Francisco AND then LA return to LA with stops in Ensenada. 

thank you!

Diane 

No violation. In both cases you are sailing from a non U.S. port (Vancouver)  and ultimately disembarking at a U.S. port (L.A.)

PVSA controls sailings on a non U.S. flag vessel when you embark at one U.S. port and then disembark at another U.S. port. 

On 3/24/2023 at 1:15 PM, DallasGuy75219 said:

You're boarding a foreign-flagged ship in one US port and debarking the same ship in another US port without visiting a distant foreign port.  CBP doesn't care they're sold as separate cruises.  They only look at where you first boarded the ship and where you debarked

Huh, I just learned something new.  Thx.  

Reading through the posts, it sounds like this would be OK if the return from Vancouver to Seattle was on a different ship even if the same cruise line?  

An additional question if you don't mind. Would this SFO to Vancouver & Vancouver to Seattle still be a PVSA issue if time were spent were spent in Vancouver between cruises?  I'm really just curious how this works.   

22 minutes ago, skynight said:

No violation. In both cases you are sailing from a non U.S. port (Vancouver)  and ultimately disembarking at a U.S. port (L.A.)

PVSA controls sailings on a non U.S. flag vessel when you embark at one U.S. port and then disembark at another U.S. port. 

Thank you!

1 hour ago, ldubs said:

Reading through the posts, it sounds like this would be OK if the return from Vancouver to Seattle was on a different ship even if the same cruise line?  Yes

An additional question if you don't mind. Would this SFO to Vancouver & Vancouver to Seattle still be a PVSA issue if time were spent were spent in Vancouver between cruises?  I'm really just curious how this works.  If you're talking about the same ship, you'd have to spend at least one night off the ship. If you're changing ships there's no potential violation.

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2023 at 12:39 PM, Coffeeluvr05 said:

By the way, if it matters, this would be a cruise from SF to Vancouver and then Vancouver to Seattle.  

We tried that as a part of a b2b2b2b on the Royal.  They canceled out the YVR-SEA portion as a PVSA violation.