Swapping elite complimentary mini bar choices now that coffee card has gone

Cbtours

3 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Website still says (& a friend confirmed on a cruise last month):

Screenshot_20230329-142051_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2aa2b5becec9487e8853f4ee729870dd.jpg

But we've all experienced a delay in updating that. I'd rather have the 50 OBC @Siouxland Cruiser and @pompeii got. As to laundry, someone mentioned elsewhere on CC that they got tokens to cover it from GSD. That's ok as I can then cold water wash and skip pin holes 

I spoke to our PvP yesterday and his supervisor said we are to go and enquire at the captains circle desk rather than steward or room service as they want to accommodate members as much as possible. So this will be our plan when we board in Vancouver on 6 may.

Edited by Cbtours
  • Like 2

Just now, Ombud said:

On a recent cruise there were over 1200 elites .... they want ALL of us to wait in line at Loyalty & Events Mgr desk??? 😂

Hmmmm how we I am thinking the vast majority won’t be there on the first day swapping their mini bar???😁

Just now, Cbtours said:

Hmmmm how we I am thinking the vast majority won’t be there on the first day swapping their mini bar???😁

Only because that desk isn't open on the 1st day. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Cbtours said:
12 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Well that sorts that then cos I’m sure we have to swap right away! Back to the drawing board lol

1st stop GSD to get swap request logged in (& hopefully get laundry tokens cause I'll want them & not want to stop off again), 2nd stop MDR & watching muster drill on phone, 3rd stop muster station, then drop luggage.

Are you right behind me LOL

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ombud said:

1st stop GSD to get swap request logged in (& hopefully get laundry tokens cause I'll want them & not want to stop off again), 2nd stop MDR & watching muster drill on phone, 3rd stop muster station, then drop luggage.

Are you right behind me LOL

Only if you’re in my cruise otherwise I’ll be front of queue though I’ve never used laundry tokens, and since we became elite, I’ve been very happy with the free laundry service, everything has been fine, ironing done better than I ever could, nothing shrunk, stretched etc. 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

Only if you’re in my cruise otherwise I’ll be front of queue though I’ve never used laundry tokens, and since we became elite, I’ve been very happy with the free laundry service, everything has been fine, ironing done better than I ever could, nothing shrunk, stretched etc. 😁

Can you imagine if they take away free laundry for Elites how crowded and in demand the laundry rooms will be.  At least we will have a new topic for a thread on CC - Washing Machine/Dryer Hogs!

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Princessfan20 said:

Can you imagine if they take away free laundry for Elites how crowded and in demand the laundry rooms will be.  At least we will have a new topic for a thread on CC - Washing Machine/Dryer Hogs!

Maybe elites will get a laundry priority pass like tenders 😂😂😂 we’ve only had one cruise as elite so haven’t got spoiled with it all too much

• Haha 2

On 3/26/2023 at 9:31 PM, Cbtours said:

Thanks. Well I guess I’ll know the answer this question in a months time 😊

:You can always find another Elite passenger and exchange your liquor for their non-alcoholic beverages and then swap it for your preferences.  I'm sure you'll be both appreciative of the exchange.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SiliconCruiser said:

:You can always find another Elite passenger and exchange your liquor for their non-alcoholic beverages and then swap it for your preferences.  I'm sure you'll be both appreciative of the exchange.

Maybe we could swap for laundry tokens by the sound of it 😁

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

Maybe we could swap for laundry tokens by the sound of it 😁

Why would you need laundry tokens as an Elite?  Unless you're like me and don't really trust the onboard laundry services (like washing a business suit in hot water ...)

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Maybe elites will get a laundry priority pass like tenders 😂😂😂 we’ve only had one cruise as elite so haven’t got spoiled with it all too much

Not good enough! We demand a separate, dedicated elite laundry room! With gold plated folding tables. 😂🤣😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cbtours said:

Do they use bleach? 

laundry bleach meme

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Not good enough! We demand a separate, dedicated elite laundry room! With gold plated folding tables. 😂🤣😂

Maybe a steamer instead of an iron? 😂😂

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, SiliconCruiser said:

Why would you need laundry tokens as an Elite?  Unless you're like me and don't really trust the onboard laundry services (like washing a business suit in hot water ...)

Based on earlier comments that suspicious they might remove laundry privileges.

this is just our CC hijacking original posts syndrome 😇

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

In all my sailings on Princess, the Loyalty and Events Manager always had office hours on the first day. More recently, I have noticed they will schedule a hour or so around lunchtime on boarding day, otherwise it was always after the old mandatory ‘muster drill’.  I was told the Manager sets their own hours in coordination with the cruise director and the itinerary.

There always seems to be a few passengers that were assigned ‘newbie/blue’ status because they or their travel agent did not provide current Captain circle account number, or the status is incorrect for other issues, so the loyalty event manager is correcting this on the first/embarkation day among the other questions.

• Like 1

I'll still go to GSD to try to trade as I know they are open. If Princess was smart they'd make it an option on the app so we could do it seamlessly 

But with both fully staffed it shouldn't take that long to manage our swapping out

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

On 3/27/2023 at 12:45 AM, caribill said:

I bet you paid for it even though the Personalizer may show it as the source being your booking agent.

Princess has three fare categories: standard, plus and premier. Plus costs $60/person.day more than standard.

Go to the Princess web site and check the current pricing for your room type on your cruise. See if the price you are paying is closer to the standard fare or the plus fare. If it is close to the standard fare, then the package is really a gift from your booking agent. If it is close to the plus fare, then you did indeed pay for it.

For a 7-day cruise, the extra cost for two people for the plus package is $420 each for a total of $840.

Or, they have a very generous TA? I’m with you as many say they were gifted it. I’d like the name of their agent, too.