MSC WORLD EUROPA REPO ABU Dhabi to Genoa on behalf of BEAMAFAR

sidari

OK Folks Bea has boarded Europa today but cannot do a live from due to not being able to see the CC Boards which may or may not be down to MSC blocking it as they do with Hotspots. Bea has said that she will try to send me updates to add to this thread and will deal with items on the ship but not the ports of call, she will also try and answer any questions posted on this thread.

The first thing they encountered was this "Something I’ve never experienced before - only Aurea and Diamond could board when we arrived at around 10.30. Everyone else was sitting waiting in the terminal"  she did mention that YC had it's own desk.

The Europa is today running with the New Drink prices of a Maximum price of 14 Euros for the P.E package, also Bea confirms that if you buy a drink above the 14 Euro limit you only pay the difference plus the 15% gratuity. Below are the New price lists.

Aurea has two Dining rooms, Le Dunes for those sailing in the Suites and Bubbles on Deck 6 for the other Aurea guests.

No description available.

Edited by sidari
  • Like 5

I'm really looking forward to this, as the ship gets closer to the EU sailings. I hope you have an amazing time, and can't wait to follow this post all the way through.

I am still annoyed we pre-booked the premium extra drinks package and we can't get drinks that are now 14 euro without paying extra, however, looking at that menu, it doesn't look like much we can't get. Considering there's about 50 cocktails we can get.

• Like 3

Oh how nice, another interesting travelogue.

Since my next cruise also starts in Abu Dhabi, I would be particularly interested in the transfer options from the airport (AUH) to the ship.
How did that go for Bea?

Regarding blocked CC Webpage: I used the "hide.me" VPN.
For it to work on board you have to choose the protocol "SSTP" in the settings. This protocol is older and potentially insecure, but we don't want to transfer secrets, we just want to trick the firewall 😉
There is a free test plan which is sufficient for the duration of a cruise.

Edited by LiquidWu
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Latest update.

Bea was trying to locate the entrance to the Aurea sundeck, seems it is not well sign posted. Found it. Turns out we were in the right place originally. You need your card to access from the elevator (but the sign only indicates for YC cards and the one I used on one access door wasn’t working. If I’d tried the other door (which I looked at it and it only said YC card so I didn’t try it) I would have got in. Instead we’ve walked the length and breadth of the ship!

On the Drinks front ... Champagne is included - NF is on the menu but Jacquart is in the bar on deck 8 (told they’re running low. That was only for this region I’ve been told); Monopoli in Top 20. Both quite passable and I’m happy that they’re included. Also, my favourite onboard red, Cicogna, is only €10, so it’s covered (if it’s available 🙄). Janneau XO is also included, so I’m happy, so far, with the package (though I do see some drinks at €14 which is quite sneaky).

Open photo

Aurea area1.jpg

Aurea bar 1.jpg

Edited by sidari
  • Like 3

Further Update ... 

A Bea boo boo I'm afraid, the Old drink package is still in use on Europa until the ship reaches Genoa and the top price is still 13 Euros for the P.E package.

19 minutes ago, sidari said:

Further Update ... 

A Bea boo boo I'm afraid, the Old drink package is still in use on Europa until the ship reaches Genoa and the top price is still 13 Euros for the P.E package.

Does this mean, when in Europe and reaches Genoa it will go to 13 euros, or will it stay at 14?

7 hours ago, sidari said:

she will also try and answer any questions posted on this thread.

Will they continue with menus on paper and do they have them in every bar?

I expected that to be digital so was happy to see them on paper.

Edited by sverigecruiser

15 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

Will they continue with menus on paper and do they have them in every bar?

I expected that to be digital so was happy to see them on paper.

She was given a paper bar menu as the QR code wouldn’t scan for here 👍 So it seems like they continue with paper menus. I've just returned from the Seascape, they had paper and laminated menus there as well. 

• Like 2

Today's Update from Bea who is hoping to post herself later as there is Wifi on Sir Bani Yas island but has no idea just yet if she will have the same log in issues with the CC boards.

Our Diamond bubbly arrived this morning with macaroons and ONE bar of chocolate

There has been no mention of a muster drill. The safety video is on the TV but we didn’t have to confirm that we watched it. Thankfully there are no more embarkation ports before we reach Italy. Announcements have been kept to a bare minimum - none today, so far. So, I asked about the situation about the drinks packages and prices. They are still using the old menus (though they look different to when we last cruised) and old prices apparently, and this will change when we get to Genoa - package prices and limits will increase, then. I’m going to order something outside of the package to see if I can just pay the price difference and to confirm the service charge is 15%. That article you posted a link to indicated that US sailings will incur 18% SC. Someone who posted live from this ship said he thought it was 18% when I asked. He was very vague about it. I want to get as much factual info as I can.
We got the steward to show us the window operation. It’s just a switch next to it which you press up or down. We opened it this morning and it was really nice feeling the air in the cabin.

We got tickets last night for the Speakeasy. There’s a QR code on the back which gives you instructions to follow. Haven’t checked it yet. A crew member explained it to me last night but it sounded a little convoluted.
There’s free wifi on Sir Bani Yas so I may be able to access CC this afternoon when we go ashore.

Edited by sidari
  • Like 1

Fantastic update! I'm just making the assumption all drinks are within my package unless they are above 13 euros. 

Hope the food and drink selection are great! I assume it's going to be hard to get access to the Speakeasy without being in the YC.

Edited by RBrowny
Speakeasy

Hi folks.  Dave & NC - thanks so much for posting updates.  

To others- thank you for reading.   Yes, I finally have wifi to access the forum🎉

Ship is amazing.  Haven’t seen half of it, yet.  Had the most fantastic time in the English pub last night.  Great atmosphere and some lovely guests onboard.  Crew are wonderful, too. 

So, to clarify - there are QR codes at all the bars for menus, but I’ve had a bit of a problem with some.  One of the waiters kindly offered a paper version in La Dolce Vita, so they do have some.   It’ll be interesting to see the new menus in Europe and compare them with the one we currently have. 

We got talking to a head waiter in the buffet, yesterday, who works in our restaurant at night.  He said he would try getting us a nice table if we arrived early.  Dinner was from 6.30 and we arrived at 6.45 (Bubbles, for Aurea Experience guests).  I asked the hostess for a nice table.  She said they were all nice, but I pointed out that the tables for two might as well be group tables.  They are practically touching each other. I then asked to see Elior to see if he could help with getting an attractive position.  Well, he came up trumps.  We got a table in a corner next to a window and the table next to us allowed for the waiters to move between them.  The only photo I have of it has DH in it and that is not a view for sharing. 🤣.  I’m hoping to have the same one assigned tonight and will take a photo then, sans Mr B.

@LiquidWu  Thank you for the info on the vpn.  When I get a chance I’ll check it out.  We flew in the night before, so we wouldn’t have sought an MSC transfer.  I’m not sure that they’d offer one for AD;  the main embarkation port is Dubai and we’ve certainly had MSC shuttles from the airport there.  I’ll see if they can tell me if they had offered them while this ship was in the region.  It may give an indication if they usually do. 

@CruisingFox27  In case I can’t get back on before you sail, Bon voyage and have a wonderful cruise. 

Cap’n, if you’re following and want to know anything, just ask.  I’ll be back on when we get to Naples and should have time to check out whatever info you need. 

Gotta go, folks.  Missing exploring the island (and Mr B is getting restless).  Last time we were in the region we couldn’t dock here cos of high winds.

Opera has followed us from Abu Dhabi.  

3EF7B4E9-B7BF-46F3-B177-BC9A754018B3.thumb.jpeg.58009751ffbe20b524d66243b77af8d5.jpeg

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RBrowny said:

Keep enjoying your vacation! Look forward to hearing more updates. Sounds like you're having an amazing time

Thanks, RB.  Only second day onboard, but, so far, really happy, pleased and impressed.  

Food is surprisingly good and, for the most part, served hot.  Bit surprised at the limited offerings in the buffet, considering the size of the ship and its capacity.   Doesn’t bother me too much as I’m quite picky and haven’t had any problems finding something to eat.  That’s all I need.  They had one of my go-to lunch items on yesterday - sweet and sour pork.  Only place I eat this is on an MSC ship - light on sweet and definitely light on sour.   Very nice accompaniment of Cantonese fried rice with ham and shrimp (latter eaten by Mr B).   Hoping to see Indian butter chicken some time.  Only ever had it onboard and actually cooked it recently.  Turned out quite well.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Thanks, RB.  Only second day onboard, but, so far, really happy, pleased and impressed.  

Food is surprisingly good and, for the most part, served hot.  Bit surprised at the limited offerings in the buffet, considering the size of the ship and its capacity.   Doesn’t bother me too much as I’m quite picky and haven’t had any problems finding something to eat.  That’s all I need.  They had one of my go-to lunch items on yesterday - sweet and sour pork.  Only place I eat this is on an MSC ship - light on sweet and definitely light on sour.   Very nice accompaniment of Cantonese fried rice with ham and shrimp (latter eaten by Mr B).   Hoping to see Indian butter chicken some time.  Only ever had it onboard and actually cooked it recently.  Turned out quite well.  

What we like to hear! Yeah, my partner is a bit fussy and we've heard that like the chicken curry has bones in, is this something you've noticed? The food sounds absolutely lovely though

Edited by RBrowny

3 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Cap’n, if you’re following and want to know anything, just ask.  I’ll be back on when we get to Naples and should have time to check out whatever info you need. 

Yes following along with both your direct and indrect updates. Hope you have a fabulous time.

Thanks for the info shared so far particuarly on the Aurea sepcifics such as the sun deck and restaurant (I had previously assumed all guests were in Les Dunes, not just suite guests so that is definitely news to me).

So glad the food is up to standard. I would use the buffet for breakfast and lunch but never dinner so not as concerned about that.

Do you have any speciality restaurants planned for this trip?

Edited by Captain-John

2 hours ago, RBrowny said:

What we like to hear! Yeah, my partner is a bit fussy and we've heard that like the chicken curry has bones in, is this something you've noticed? The food sounds absolutely lovely though

Bea ... said that there are no bones in the Curry ... Mr had a Thai chicken curry today and there were no bones in it (we’re back onboard the ship so no CC. 😭

43 minutes ago, Captain-John said:

Also, do you have any idea of how full she is and does she 'feel' full so far or is there enough room for everyone to spread out?

CJ ... Bea says that the ship is at full capacity.

• Thanks 1