MSC WORLD EUROPA REPO ABU Dhabi to Genoa on behalf of BEAMAFAR

sidari

Meant to say that the Afternoon Tea experience seems very popular, so go early in the afternoon if you want to have it. 

Another recommendation would be to book the shows in the Panorama lounge as soon as possible.  It seemed that they were always booked out well in advance.  We never bothered but they were in high demand (and that was with 4050 onboard; the ship today is sailing with 6400 onboard). 

• Thanks 1

On 4/12/2023 at 12:11 AM, Beamafar said:

Thank you everyone for your concerns and input.  We went to Guest Services. They spent the evening organising bus transfers for those let down by the Excursions office.  So, we have managed to get a transfer for €60 pp.  Downside is we’ll be at the airport early tomorrow.  

€60 pp at least is a very fair price. As even my shabby Malaysian CC gives me lounge access at Malpensa (one of the very very few airports in Europe I can enjoy this priviledge 😄) I hope you could too.

For all others, I guess nobody is motivated too much for lugging bags on and off trains, at least Genoa is the most easy place in the world, as the ships dock more or less inside the train station and you can book the tickets all online (no need to pick up from machine anymore or print) and even can go directly to the platform without even seeing the "real" train station. Just go down already on the bridge towards the station.

• Like 1

Hi Bea,  I want to thank you for a highly informative and entertaining review.  It means a lot to this sailor who is still stuck in dry dock for the past 5 years.  Hopefully we’ll be out there before he year ends.  Anyway…thanks Bea…you are one of a kind.

CGT

I completely echo your words. It's been fantastic reading and seeing these updates. It's made me really look forward to going on the World Europa, despite the fact it's probably going to be even busier. Your insight and know-how has been brilliant, so thank you.

On 4/9/2023 at 7:43 PM, Beamafar said:

Not really;  quite cool and windy here.  Not a problem for us; we’re not pool people.  In fact, never even used the sun creams we brought. 🙄🤣

Had to ask again at Guest Services about the Diamond ‘’gift”, having been told some days ago that we would receive it on the next Gala night (which was last night - and no sign).  Now, I’m really not that pushed, but did feel it imperative to share the experience here. 😁

Anyway, the rep gave us our ‘gifts’ -  yet 2 more tote bags 🙄.  (Lost count of how many of those we’ve received through the years.  Seriously, MSC, change it up, please).   Went to lunch and returned to the cabin to discover another 2 bags on the bed. 😆

5F3D9A08-2020-47BA-BFB1-E60AE1DA013F.thumb.jpeg.ab97b573fd5a69a04a5433f3506a69f3.jpeg

We received our gifts tonight. Tote bags 😂

So since you kindly donated 2 of yours to us on Mera, as we'd never received a bag. We've had them as our gifts on every cruise...

We've relented and bought some WiFi but now I've days of your trip to catch up on 😊 Hoping its been wonderful 😊 

3 hours ago, sidari said:

Heard that there was a flooding issue on the Europa in the Atrium caused by a faulty sprinkler head that held up Embarkation.

I wonder if it was a leaving gift from Bea ... 😂 - Oh, my god!... 🙂

Now; more seriously: I've seen an image about it on another social media outfit. It seems that they have at least dealt with it rightly.

Meanwhile; industry wise there have been a few events of this type on new ships lately. Hope the shipyard closures of the pandemic aren't influencing final quality of the whole product. those events were rare, if any.

12 minutes ago, Nunagoras said:

Now; more seriously: I've seen an image about it on another social media outfit. It seems that they have at least dealt with it rightly.

Meanwhile; industry wise there have been a few events of this type on new ships lately. Hope the shipyard closures of the pandemic aren't influencing final quality of the whole product. those events were rare, if any.

Not rare at all, in 2008 the Ruby Princess suffered a serious flooding prior to the christening ceremony in Fort Lauderdale, there have been numerous other types of these kind of incidents.

12 hours ago, sidari said:

Not rare at all, in 2008 the Ruby Princess suffered a serious flooding prior to the christening ceremony in Fort Lauderdale, there have been numerous other types of these kind of incidents.

Yeah, thanks! Maybe I haven't noticed the old ones, but noticed the current ones!... Have a nice day!...

• 2 weeks later...

Very late to the party so read all 11 pages in one go. Always enjoy your musings Beamafar. Enjoyed this especially as we are booked on WE next May (2024) for our sons wedding aboard. Thank you for doing it as I'm sure it takes time. Hoping you are feeling better. 

• Like 1