MSC WORLD EUROPA REPO ABU Dhabi to Genoa on behalf of BEAMAFAR

sidari

On 3/27/2023 at 2:35 PM, RBrowny said:

I'm really looking forward to this, as the ship gets closer to the EU sailings. I hope you have an amazing time, and can't wait to follow this post all the way through.

I am still annoyed we pre-booked the premium extra drinks package and we can't get drinks that are now 14 euro without paying extra, however, looking at that menu, it doesn't look like much we can't get. Considering there's about 50 cocktails we can get.

OK - so the situation is that we’re still on the old system whereby Premium covers drinks up to €13 and the packages sold onboard were at the old prices. When the ship gets to Genoa, the new prices for drinks and packages will come into effect and the limit will increase to €14 on the Premium package. 

It’ll be interesting to compare the new bar menu prices with the one posted on here to see the actual price increases for drinks. 

4 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

OK - so the situation is that we’re still on the old system whereby Premium covers drinks up to €13 and the packages sold onboard were at the old prices. When the ship gets to Genoa, the new prices for drinks and packages will come into effect and the limit will increase to €14 on the Premium package. 

It’ll be interesting to compare the new bar menu prices with the one posted on here to see the actual price increases for drinks. 

So, reading this right, my current package will cover up to 14 euros?

I just found out last night that our MDR, Bubbles, has an area for Aurea guests, rather than being a dedicated Aurea restaurant.  Non-Aurea diners have the set time dining in the rest of the restaurant.  Les Dunes is for Aurea Suite guests.  I was invited to dine in Les Dunes but haven’t felt the need to. We have a wonderful table in Bubbles and our waiters are terrific. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, RBrowny said:

Fingers crossed, although won't be too upset if it's not. 

No photo description available.

I seen this on Facebook, looks pretty scary to me. Stay safe!

Yep - sailed this route before and received the same notification in the cabin.  This is on today’s planner

B90BE600-556C-4A97-8078-18407A7AA5C5.thumb.jpeg.c56bef3f54439cf8e79301f56821fe75.jpeg

• Like 2

On 3/28/2023 at 4:33 PM, RBrowny said:

What we like to hear! Yeah, my partner is a bit fussy and we've heard that like the chicken curry has bones in, is this something you've noticed? The food sounds absolutely lovely though

So, we’ve had chicken different ways since your post - mainly curry type, and, today, the delicious crispy battered  “Island” chicken.  No bones in any. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

So, we’ve had chicken different ways since your post - mainly curry type, and, today, the delicious crispy battered  “Island” chicken.  No bones in any. 

My partner will be ecstatic at this. Thank you for letting me know, really means a lot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beamafar said:

It’s a beautiful venue.  Reminds me of Raffles in Singapore.  But I don’t think the concept works on the ship.  It’s always empty.  

Many thanks Bea and Sid for the wonderful work!... This ship seems incredible!... How I'd like to stay there this year but some happenings preventing me from cruising right now... Maybe 2024!...

That said; I may agree with you. Most of the ones ready for such an experience like that on Raj Polo are living on the YC where they already have their version of what is offered there. They better would use it as a general premium like continental breakfast and a high afternoon tea experience during the day then reverting to the usual MSC bar menu for before dinner meet and greet with the calming piano music than this so specialty concept that will eventually go nowhere. They'll eventually need to rethink it in the coming months.

I also agree with you that the champanhe bar, at least from the photos seems somewhat impersonal, if I'm making myself understandable. this design seems slightly reminiscent of the old musica class vessels general bar lounges!... the champanhe bar should have been smaller and more intimate.

I care less for those "iPad" hotel control panels of today. This one seems quite minimalist, to say the least, but it remains too much for me. The old style little buttons elsewhere directly placed to control each portion of ones areas were so much better... But sooner rather than later you'll have all things sent to your smartphone... Er!...

Have a nice day!...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Beamafar said:

I just found out last night that our MDR, Bubbles, has an area for Aurea guests, rather than being a dedicated Aurea restaurant.  Non-Aurea diners have the set time dining in the rest of the restaurant.  Les Dunes is for Aurea Suite guests.  I was invited to dine in Les Dunes but haven’t felt the need to. We have a wonderful table in Bubbles and our waiters are terrific. 

We have an Aurea Suite on an upcoming cruise.  Does Les Dunes seem any nicer/better than the other restaurants, or about the same?

On 3/29/2023 at 6:42 PM, CruisingFox27 said:

I'm genuinely slightly intimidated by that soap dispenser, it looks like Sidari's darlek, and they scared me as a child 😳 

I've always encountered the flush issue on every ship 🙈

I'll add that to my list of things to look forward to next week ☺️ 

Well, if I ever came across a darlek, I would be nervous.  If it's a run of the mill dalek, however, no  worries.  I always carry a can opener! 😉

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, RBrowny said:

Fingers crossed, although won't be too upset if it's not. 

No photo description available.

I seen this on Facebook, looks pretty scary to me. Stay safe!

We had to do the same going the other way on the Orchestra, the promenade deck was closed for three days and the doors were locked so no one could get out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JAGR said:

Well, if I ever came across a darlek, I would be nervous.  If it's a run of the mill dalek, however, no  worries.  I always carry a can opener! 😉

Be careful or a Dalek might make an appearance on here ... 😱

11 hours ago, sidari said:

We had to do the same going the other way on the Orchestra, the promenade deck was closed for three days and the doors were locked so no one could get out.

Similar security arrangements have just been announced by the captain.  We have armed security onboard. 

C6421138-8C66-49CD-AB39-7C0201F2D109.thumb.jpeg.0ac6e6462e479b026826e72254d6d25e.jpeg

23 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Be assured that the best cocktails, currently at 14 just above the current threshold will increase to 15 and remain excluded from your package. The last time pricing changed we were on B2B cruises, and all the prices on the second cruise went up by 1 so that the same drinks remained excluded!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Similar security arrangements have just been announced by the captain.  We have armed security onboard. 

C6421138-8C66-49CD-AB39-7C0201F2D109.thumb.jpeg.0ac6e6462e479b026826e72254d6d25e.jpeg

Bea ... It was the same on Orchestra plus all the Fire hoses were laid out ready.

Can MSC get any worse? The Crew clearly don't know the rules. Had this sent to me by a friend who is onboard Seascape this week.

On MSC Seascape this week two lots of people bid on the upgrade to AUREA they were told it didn’t include the perks ,but they stood their ground and ended up receiving any time dining and the deck access.

From the MSC Terms and Conditions. 17. The Upgrade does not include any additional promotions. Guests whose upgrade bid is accepted will receive the experience level included with their original reservation. "The exceptions will be in the case of a Winning Bid in “Aurea” or “Yacht Club” Experience. In these cases, the Guests will also be guaranteed all the benefits relative to the new experience"

18. All services that have been purchased and / or prepaid before the Winning Bid event for an upgrade in "Aurea" or "Yacht Club" experience will not be refunded if the same service, of the same or higher quality, is included in the new experience resulting from the Winning Bid.

2 hours ago, hamrag said:

Be assured that the best cocktails, currently at 14 just above the current threshold will increase to 15 and remain excluded from your package. The last time pricing changed we were on B2B cruises, and all the prices on the second cruise went up by 1 so that the same drinks remained excluded!

That makes sense, here's me thinking them raising the Premium Extra would include this. Ah well. Not too bothered, considering there's about 50 other cocktails to pick from.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hamrag said:

Hadn’t looked at the cocktails list yet.  Not really a cocktail drinker so hadn’t noticed this (cognac with port and Baileys are my 2 regular tipples onboard  - Oh, and champagne, of course, which is immediately provided when we arrive to dinner each evening. 😁).  Planning to visit the Mixology lounge to see what’s on offer - and what’s covered.

Mr B and myself have been very poorly for the last few days;  the air con has made us quite ill, so we’ve spent most of the time in bed.  Going to BC tonight and, hopefully, I’ll get to check out either Mixology or Fizz - the Champagne bar. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidari said:

Can MSC get any worse? The Crew clearly don't know the rules. Had this sent to me by a friend who is onboard Seascape this week.

On MSC Seascape this week two lots of people bid on the upgrade to AUREA they were told it didn’t include the perks ,but they stood their ground and ended up receiving any time dining and the deck access.

From the MSC Terms and Conditions. 17. The Upgrade does not include any additional promotions. Guests whose upgrade bid is accepted will receive the experience level included with their original reservation. "The exceptions will be in the case of a Winning Bid in “Aurea” or “Yacht Club” Experience. In these cases, the Guests will also be guaranteed all the benefits relative to the new experience"

18. All services that have been purchased and / or prepaid before the Winning Bid event for an upgrade in "Aurea" or "Yacht Club" experience will not be refunded if the same service, of the same or higher quality, is included in the new experience resulting from the Winning Bid.

It seems that you’ll need to bring all info re your entitlements onboard to have as back-up.  On another thread, someone in an Aurea whirlpool suite (paying big money for the privilege!) was refused access to the thermal suite.

We met a couple who are in Aurea and didn’t know about the Top 20.  They have no idea of their benefits. MSC first timers. 

• Like 1

Yesterday, I ordered a white wine, in the buffet, which is covered by Premium.  The waiter brought me a different wine as they didn’t have the one I ordered.  Only that I looked at the ticket he gets with an order, I wouldn’t have known what I’d been given.  It was Canti - one of the Easy package whites!!   I will be watching more closely to what they are substituting my orders with from here on.

I overheard snippets of a conversation in an elevator the other evening regarding the shower in some people’s cabins.  It appears that it’s almost impossible to bend over to retrieve something if you drop it, the shower is so small.  Ours is terrific; widthways it’s the span of my arms, with a seat and a high shelf above. 

I’m getting a reputation with some of the guests for being very cheeky  - I know what I’m entitled to and have no problem ensuring that I get it.  Getting a lot of slagging as a result. 🤣

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

@hamrag  I’ve just had a look at the drinks menu and see that the Signature cocktail list items are €14 - so, indeed, clearly (and cleverly) outside of Premium.  PremiumPlus really spoilt us;  we never had to pay any heed to inclusions before.  Everything (by the glass) was included. 🙄  Last year was the first year since 2011 that we didn’t sail MSC, so this is our first sailing sans PremPlus. 😭

• Like 1