Currently showing on MUTS?

wrongwaywatson

38 minutes ago, sirclean said:

Just off the Ruby.  MUTS included the new Top Gun, the old Avitar, Date Night, and Bohemian Rapsady. 

The last few nights they were showing the basketball tournament. 

Thanks!  We saw the new Top Gun on The Enchanted over Thanksgiving.  It was fun to watch out there!

The offerings usually differ a bit from ship to ship.  Even if you've seen a particular movie before, it's quite the experience to see it on MUTS!  Many people may not be aware...but they offer popcorn, usually down on the pool-level deck near the screen area.

20 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

The offerings usually differ a bit from ship to ship.  Even if you've seen a particular movie before, it's quite the experience to see it on MUTS!  Many people may not be aware...but they offer popcorn, usually down on the pool-level deck near the screen area.

You can always stroll down from the upper viewing deck and get your own popcorn. The biggest issue we have with MUTS is that sometimes we can't hear it well enough to understand the dialogue. (Yes, I know others claim it is super loud but sometimes we simply can't understand what is being said. This has usually been when on an upper level.)

Always check a lounger before using it for MUTS. We once went up to catch a movie on a formal night and I hadn't changed clothing. I sat down on a lounger only to find that it was soaking wet. Uggh... The most "exciting" thing I ever had happen at MUTS was when we heard a loud "squawking" overhead like birds having an altercation. Apparently they were fighting over a fish as there was a sudden loud "thump" behind me and the middle third of a fish hit the deck. It barely missed hitting me on the head. 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, trickylibrarian said:

Just got off the Ruby Sunday.  Went to a few MUTS movies.  No popcorn.  😞

That stinks! Hopefully a one-off inventory issue and not an indication of a larger scale change.

I was on the Ruby last week too!  I didnt specifically do the MUTS, but I was at the bar under the screen getting  a large glass of ice (so I could make tea), and the popcorn bags were by the bar. 

I dont know where they should be, or if they were not providing it to all shows, but there was popcorn available at least for one movie. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sirclean said:

I was on the Ruby last week too!  I didnt specifically do the MUTS, but I was at the bar under the screen getting  a large glass of ice (so I could make tea), and the popcorn bags were by the bar. 

I dont know where they should be, or if they were not providing it to all shows, but there was popcorn available at least for one movie. 

I think the issue may be that they used to come around and ask if you wanted popcorn but no longer seem to do that as a consistent thing. If you want popcorn you will most likely have to get it yourself. We haven't watched a MUTS movie since the shutdown and don't normally do so if the weather is poor. We have, however, had some very enjoyable evenings in the past watching MUTS.

On 3/27/2023 at 12:00 PM, Thrak said:

The most "exciting" thing I ever had happen at MUTS was when we heard a loud "squawking" overhead like birds having an altercation. Apparently they were fighting over a fish as there was a sudden loud "thump" behind me and the middle third of a fish hit the deck. It barely missed hitting me on the head. 🤪

Ahhhh - Dinner and a movie!  What’s not to like?  😁

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Like what?  Everything Everywhere all at Once, The Menu and The Fabelmans were on our cruise. How much newer do you need?

Films like The Whale or A Man Called Otto, maybe although The Fabelmans are one of the newest. 

The ones you mentioned are all being shown on my cable channel at home and I can watch them anytime. On a cruise I expect to see something a little newer. 

6 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Films like The Whale or A Man Called Otto, maybe although The Fabelmans are one of the newest. 

The ones you mentioned are all being shown on my cable channel at home and I can watch them anytime. On a cruise I expect to see something a little newer. 

The Whale and A man called Otto can be watched at home too. We don't have cable. 

What is newer than those which have distribution outside of theaters? They're not Disney and won't have "Premears"

5 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

The Whale and A man called Otto can be watched at home too. We don't have cable. 

Films like that would make me happy but I'm almost certain that they won't be shown on Princess for a long time. Possibly by the end of this year if at all. 

Unfortunately, Princess's budget for movies is practically nil these days.

18 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Films like that would make me happy but I'm almost certain that they won't be shown on Princess for a long time. Possibly by the end of this year if at all. 

Unfortunately, Princess's budget for movies is practically nil these days.

Tell me, prior to the pandemic, when did they have movies on MUTS that were released the prior month or two in theaters? 

25 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Tell me, prior to the pandemic, when did they have movies on MUTS that were released the prior month or two in theaters? 

Never, but they did have a greater selection of newer ones to choose from as I remember. 

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Never, but they did have a greater selection of newer ones to choose from as I remember. 

And so did movie theaters. Not anymore. Streaming services are strong. We would go to the movies a lot pre covid. Don't need to anymore as there's not a big selection. 

You can't have a big selection if there is not one to choose from. 

Princess shows every summer blockbuster of 2022 on MUTS. That's what families enjoy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Whoops! That was at Vista Lounge in the afternoon, not MUTS.

Way back when we used to enjoy a movie in the theater during a sea day afternoon.   They didn't have that on our last two Princess cruises. Good to see they are still doing some inside showings.    

• Like 1