Currently showing on MUTS?

wrongwaywatson

On 3/27/2023 at 3:00 PM, Thrak said:

The biggest issue we have with MUTS is that sometimes we can't hear it well enough to understand the dialogue.

We are just off the Caribbean Princess and noticed the same. They use to have speakers all around the pool area but we could only hear the sound when we were near the screen. Maybe too many people complained about it so they removed or turned off the surround speakers?

On 3/28/2023 at 12:48 PM, trickylibrarian said:

Just got off the Ruby Sunday.  Went to a few MUTS movies.  No popcorn.  😞

On the Caribbean Princess they had popcorn but not every night. In the past the popcorn was always dry and burnt. This cruise it had butter and salt and was good,

On 4/2/2023 at 12:55 PM, ldubs said:

Way back when we used to enjoy a movie in the theater during a sea day afternoon.   They didn't have that on our last two Princess cruises. Good to see they are still doing some inside showings.    

They have done this after COVID but not consistently. I prefer the inside showing to MUTS for the reason Thrak states. I can’t hear the dialogue half the time. MissP22 is also right. The choice isn’t always current. I use it as an opportunity to catch up on movies I have missed. 

• Like 1

On 3/28/2023 at 8:00 AM, Thrak said:

The biggest issue we have with MUTS is that sometimes we can't hear it well enough to understand the dialogue. (Yes, I know others claim it is super loud but sometimes we simply can't understand what is being said. This has usually been when on an upper level.)

I find the same problem. Can't hear it well enough to be bothered watching. 

• Like 1

Movies on MUTS Caribbean Princess 4/15-22:

Dakota

Free Guy

Cruella

The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

Uncharted

Guardians of The Galaxy

The King's Man

La La Land

The Greatest Showman

Greenland

Love and Thunder

The Eyes of Tammy Faye

Top Gun Maverick

Artemis Fowl

Eternals

Elvis

West Side Story

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

12 hours ago, Cinerama said:

Dakota

Free Guy

Cruella

Uncharted

Guardians of The Galaxy

The King's Man

La La Land

The Greatest Showman

Greenland

Love and Thunder

The Eyes of Tammy Faye

Top Gun Maverick

Artemis Fowl

Eternals

Elvis

West Side Story

All quite old movies.

12 hours ago, Cinerama said:

Dakota

Free Guy

Cruella

Uncharted

Guardians of The Galaxy

The King's Man

La La Land

The Greatest Showman

Greenland

Love and Thunder

The Eyes of Tammy Faye

Top Gun Maverick

Artemis Fowl

Eternals

Elvis

West Side Story

That’s a great list thank you

I’m on Sky in august. To be honest I don’t mind what the newness of films is on ships

just give me any musical & my daughter & I are happy, but It’s great to see it’s a wide range of films for different tastes

On 3/27/2023 at 12:00 PM, Thrak said:

The biggest issue we have with MUTS is that sometimes we can't hear it well enough to understand the dialogue. (Yes, I know others claim it is super loud but sometimes we simply can't understand what is being said. This has usually been when on an upper level.)

Also for @Kay S and @Over from NZ who commented. 

The problem is that Princess doesn't understand that how we perceive sound changes as we age. (Speaking for myself as I don't know your ages.) Simply adjusting the volume up or down is not the answer. I have written Princess that they should have an audiologist set the equalization for venues based on averages for the demographic. The ability to discern voices from ambient noise is another feature of hearing changes. Notwithstanding sitting on a soaking wet lounge chair to watch a movie, the problem with MUTS is noise of the wind, kids, or a loud drunk.

Also consider that MUTS speakers were designed with one thing in mind, survive constant high humidity and other extreme weather conditions.  I don't even try to watch/listen to MUTS.

1 hour ago, mtnesterz said:

Also for @Kay S and @Over from NZ who commented. 

The problem is that Princess doesn't understand that how we perceive sound changes as we age. (Speaking for myself as I don't know your ages.) Simply adjusting the volume up or down is not the answer. I have written Princess that they should have an audiologist set the equalization for venues based on averages for the demographic. The ability to discern voices from ambient noise is another feature of hearing changes. Notwithstanding sitting on a soaking wet lounge chair to watch a movie, the problem with MUTS is noise of the wind, kids, or a loud drunk.

Also consider that MUTS speakers were designed with one thing in mind, survive constant high humidity and other extreme weather conditions.  I don't even try to watch/listen to MUTS.

So true. 

That's why I prefer to listen to the movies in the cabin where most times I can put the sub titles on or rewind it occasionally if required. 

Not that it would necessarily change anything if this were different, but MUTS has to show fairly family friendly fare.  These days, I’m not so sure you could do that, and show any more than 2-3 different movies at a time if you were targeting new shows.

I would’ve loved this list on our last cruise.  Instead, my daughter and I saw 3 fairly brooding dramas while we were playing in the pool.  Could’ve just been the luck of the draw - maybe we saw the equivalent of “Greenland” and “Tammy Faye”.  (Although every other movie on the list would’ve been better than what we saw)

• Haha 1