CAR RENTAL AGENCIES WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE OF CRUISE PORT

tjhoffman64

We are cruising on Royal Caribbean and will be stopping in Halifax, Nova Scotia for a day. We would like to rent a car to explore on our own. Are there any car agencies within walking distance from the port? Thank you for any recommendations. 

11 hours ago, tjhoffman64 said:

We are cruising on Royal Caribbean and will be stopping in Halifax, Nova Scotia for a day. We would like to rent a car to explore on our own. Are there any car agencies within walking distance from the port? Thank you for any recommendations. 

The last time I researched car rentals near the port, the big Westin hotel, right across the street and co-incident with the train station, had a lot of the big agencies. According to Google Maps, it's only a few hundred yards away

11 hours ago, tjhoffman64 said:

Are there any car agencies within walking distance from the port? Thank you for any recommendations. 

To lx200gps' point there is definitely a Hertz (or at least was when we were last there in 2019) in the Westin that is very close to the dock-- just across a parking lot. I would double check their website and definitely make a confirmed reservation ahead of time. 

Howdy --- I've done both of these rental car locations and found them to be an easy walk from the port.  The only issue is that I was second in line at Dollar and the person that was first in line was being a jerk and complaining about the car he was assigned.  He wanted a larger car at a smaller price.  The agent was attempting to accommodate him, but it was still going to be a couple dollars more for the larger rental car.  Jerk wanted the full size for less than compact price that he reserved.

3 hours ago, cleophus12 said:

I have the same question about Bar Harbor.  It appears that car rental places are all at the airport which is some distance from the port.  Anyone know of anything closer?

There are no car rentals in Bar Harbor. There are electric cars that are rented by the tender pier, during season.