Marseille has vanished from my OOTS itinerary July 2024

Sailing from Barcelona 7th July 2024 on a sailing entitled "Spain, France and Italy" but it seems our second port of call - and only French port - has been replaced with a day at sea. Both sailings either week of the booked one have still got Marseille on their list. 
I appreciate it is a long way away but does anyone have any info on why this might be and if it is likely to return closer to the time?

3 hours ago, RCI_swift said:

I appreciate it is a long way away but does anyone have any info on why this might be and if it is likely to return closer to the time?

Welcome to CC.

Itineraries change for a variety of reasons, including RCI IT glitches. If it was a true change your TA/RCI should have notified you. If really a change, the chances of it coming back are slim.

56 minutes ago, hancock said:

What date is Bastille Day?  I know it is in July.  Perhaps your scheduled day was the national holiday?

14th and no, they probably wouldn't cut a port due to that - most of the time it's port congestion.

On our transatlantic on Odyssey this upcoming October,  Royal rearranged the ports, dropping some and adding two with the reason of “refueling “.  I don’t understand, but we have no choice, so excursions were cancelled, others were added 

5 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

On our transatlantic on Odyssey this upcoming October,  Royal rearranged the ports, dropping some and adding two with the reason of “refueling “.  I don’t understand, but we have no choice, so excursions were cancelled, others were added 

maybe that makes more sense - fuelling issues?

3 hours ago, RCI_swift said:

maybe that makes more sense - fuelling issues?

Possible. Even when I do 10+ nite Caribbean Cruises we refuel 1-2 times during Cruise. Though I Book up to 560+ nites out and by time we Sail about 1/3 my Cruises usually have at least one Port Change

• 11 months later...

We are booked on Virgin Voyages in May and we received a notice today that Marseille has been canceled and replaced with a day at sea. It is definetely not related to your cruise line or ship because I am sailing on a completely different line.  

They’ve obviously had some issue with France, as we were due to Toulon on our 5-12th May cruise and that also has been replaced with a day at sea….

not sure the $11 credit is really adequate since now we’ve got basically 3 sea days and 3 ports. Not ideal at all!

Posted (edited)

My daughter and granddaughter are on Oasis end of June, and it still shows Marseille. Since the OP posted this a year ago, maybe some of the Royal ships dates and ports were changed. 
Not sure about VV. 

Edited by crzndeb

My Oasis sailing in May doesn't have it either. I'm actually not too upset as when I did a similar itinerary on NCL, I found it a bit too intense and would've enjoyed a second sea day. I actually booked the trip because that sailing has the 2 sea days. 

Virgin Voyages sent an email saying they are reinstating Marseille for our trip in May.  They said it will be put back on the itinerary within 48 hours and they apologized for upsetting us with the decision to remove it.