online check in

Oldgoat61

The last cruise we took on NCL was in 2019, and the process to check in then was simple, did everything on my desktop, printing edocs no issue.  We have a cruise coming up late Apr. on the Sun.  I tried to check in on my desktop (3/31), but found out NCL requires a photo for each of us.  Before I go any further, I am not tech savy.  So, I had to check in on my phone (100% complete).  My question is this, how long does it take before I can print my edocs?  Can I use the check in info from my phone instead of printing my edocs?  My wife says the info will show up at my gmail address on my desktop (I don't use google as a browser on my desktop).

Thanks ahead of time for any insight.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Oldgoat61 said:

The last cruise we took on NCL was in 2019, and the process to check in then was simple, did everything on my desktop, printing edocs no issue.  We have a cruise coming up late Apr. on the Sun.  I tried to check in on my desktop (3/31), but found out NCL requires a photo for each of us.  Before I go any further, I am not tech savy.  So, I had to check in on my phone (100% complete).  My question is this, how long does it take before I can print my edocs?  Can I use the check in info from my phone instead of printing my edocs?  My wife says the info will show up at my gmail address on my desktop (I don't use google as a browser on my desktop).

If you checked in today, your edocs with luggage tags will be available tomorrow morning.

Just log back into your NCL.com account on your desk top and the edocs button will be available on the top right of your screen. 

image.png.0656e1d59f78613269229d009bd3d4e5.png

Edited by BirdTravels

I always have a problem with the photo, so I do everything but that part on my desktop and then use my phone. I usually have a battle with the photo though. They take another one at the terminal so I dont know why they require us to add a photo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sailingships said:

I always have a problem with the photo, so I do everything but that part on my desktop and then use my phone. I usually have a battle with the photo though. They take another one at the terminal so I dont know why they require us to add a photo.

I do as well so wait until we get to port, this does take us a few extra minutes to get checked in but saves me the frustration trying to accomplish this at home.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, sailingships said:

No photo taken at NOLA on 5 March.

14 hours ago, Oldgoat61 said:

Two points.

1, does your computer have a camera?

2. you can send photos from your phone to  your desktop.  Google will tell you how.

15 hours ago, Oldgoat61 said:

Good morning 

We are on the same cruise & were able to print our e-docs the next morning from our NCL Account/Vacation Summary. 
Looking forward to sun & warmth. 

Edited by Von & John

15 hours ago, sailingships said:

They take another one at the terminal so I dont know why they require us to add a photo.

they only take another photo if the one you've uploaded is determined to be unusable.

i also have had trouble uploading photos. the same photo used on the first leg of a B2B would not be accepted online for the second cruise when i checked in online five days later.

last time i cruised out of manhattan, the agent looked at me, then looked at my photo (a professional head shot) and said, "well, it's not going to get any better than that!" i think she meant it was a good photo, with good lighting, but still... a fella could take that the wrong way.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, sailingships said:

If it weren't for my wife, I would be dead in the water (no pun intended).  Fortunately, she has done it many times.

2 hours ago, Von & John said:

Good morning 

We are on the same cruise & were able to print our e-docs the next morning from our NCL Account/Vacation Summary. 
Looking forward to sun & warmth. 

Yes, we are looking forward to the sun and warmth as well.....it looks like it will be a great cruise!  Truly port intensive.

• Like 1