Fresh Squeezed OJ

jamesnnb

I have not been on Discovery but I have been able to order fresh squeezed orange juice in a variety of places using my Plus drink package on other ships. I have ordered it in the dining room, the buffet and at a bar near one of the pools.

Sorry - don't know price.

• Like 2

I have no idea if what we've received in the past for room service breakfast was supposed to be "fresh squeezed" or not...(I highly doubt it).  On multiple cruises this has been CRAZY sweet juice...such that I just could not drink it all.  I drink OJ every morning...this stuff is like they dumped a barrel of sugar into the vat while mixing!

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I have no idea if what we've received in the past for room service breakfast was supposed to be "fresh squeezed" or not...(I highly doubt it).  On multiple cruises this has been CRAZY sweet juice...such that I just could not drink it all.  I drink OJ every morning...this stuff is like they dumped a barrel of sugar into the vat while mixing!

The juice machines at the buffet tend to mix too much concentrate and too little water, at least for my tastes.  I usually cut that OJ with ice and extra water. 

I'd be shocked if room service served fresh squeezed (at least without someone specifically ordering it) vs. same OJ from concentrate as at the buffet.

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Their regular OJ almost tasted like SunnyD. I can't drink their regular OJ. I go for apple instead if I can't get fresh squeezed OJ.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, voljeep said:

is the 'fresh squeezed from oranges onboard and squeezed when ordered?

I have seen a orange juice machine near a pool bar the bar that squeezes the oranges.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Coral said:

Their regular OJ almost tasted like SunnyD. I can't drink their regular OJ. I go for apple instead if I can't get fresh squeezed OJ.

I've never seen what Princess fills the juice dispensers with, but if they use the same concentrate as Carnival all the juices are juice "cocktails" (sugar, water, flavoring, and little to no real juice, plus pulp for the "OJ").  That would explain the Sunny D taste.

That includes the apple juice on Carnival which is also juice cocktail, so could be the same on Princess.

On 4/2/2023 at 1:03 PM, nunyabidness said:

The juice machines at the buffet tend to mix too much concentrate and too little water, at least for my tastes.  I usually cut that OJ with ice and extra water. 

I'd be shocked if room service served fresh squeezed (at least without someone specifically ordering it) vs. same OJ from concentrate as at the buffet.

What ship had OJ machines?

I have yet to see them.