Viva Vibe Passes

jrlamour

I keep reading where people are able to buy vibe passes months in advance. When I asked (via the chat function) they said they wouldn’t be available until 120 days before sail date. Is it because it’s a new ship? Has anyone been able to buy passes for the Viva yet? I’m on April 7, 2024 sailing out of San Juan.

6 hours ago, jrlamour said:

I keep reading where people are able to buy vibe passes months in advance. When I asked (via the chat function) they said they wouldn’t be available until 120 days before sail date. Is it because it’s a new ship? Has anyone been able to buy passes for the Viva yet? I’m on April 7, 2024 sailing out of San Juan.

Not available yet for our December cruise. 

On 4/2/2023 at 1:21 AM, jrlamour said:

Save your money.  Vibe was almost pure hype at the old lower price.  Now it is not even close to worth the price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Karezz said:

Can someone tell me what Vibe is? I’ve looked everywhere and can’t seem to find anything on it. Thanks!

It's a private sundeck on big ships. NCL is selling you something that is free out on ocean avenue with a lot better seating. They sell between 80-300 passes (depending on the ship) for the 4500 passengers onboard. 

There are a few people who consider it a must. We consider it a waste of money (along with the other 4420 people on the ship). 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Karezz said:

So if I am in the Haven I wouldn’t want to participate in Vibe, correct? I’m a newbie with this - lol!

There are Haven guests who buy Vibe passes. Some go there just because the parted with a lot of cash. Many never go there because they have their own private sundeck. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Karezz said:

So if I am in the Haven I wouldn’t want to participate in Vibe, correct? I’m a newbie with this - lol!

On Viva or Prima it is right in front of Haven outside area. No, probably not.

We have purchased Vibe on every NCL we've been on - Getaway, Escape, Breakaway, Bliss, Joy, Epic (Posh substitute for Vibe).  We are never in Haven (although would like to be). 

I see why there are 2 varying opinions:

Plus:  We consider Vibe a major must - we don't have children, don't use the pool or hot-tubs, and hate lining up for drinks.   We like the quiet adults only environment with better drink service, more comfortable loungers, and great views of ocean and ports during sailaway.  We also have met some great people there as the same people come almost everyday and the bar staff remember our drinks and personalities.

Cost and use:  While we try to use it every day when at sea or when coming back from ports, NCL has increased the price pretty high in comparison when it first came out.  And it really does depend on time of year whether it is worth it.  We've been in 3 Vibes (January and March) when it was simply too chilly to be there for long and while we still enjoy it we need to abandon it reluctantly due to the cold winds etc.   

I always marvel at the ones who purchase it and never come back after the first day - must have money to burn.  We try to make it worth the cost by using it when we can.  However if NCL keeps raising the cost, at certain times of year it might not be worth it i.e. Joy for New Years in the Pacific - too cold when at sea to be up there. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 4/5/2023 at 4:25 AM, travellingguy said:

We have purchased Vibe on every NCL we've been on - Getaway, Escape, Breakaway, Bliss, Joy, Epic (Posh substitute for Vibe).  We are never in Haven (although would like to be). 

I see why there are 2 varying opinions:

Plus:  We consider Vibe a major must - we don't have children, don't use the pool or hot-tubs, and hate lining up for drinks.   We like the quiet adults only environment with better drink service, more comfortable loungers, and great views of ocean and ports during sailaway.  We also have met some great people there as the same people come almost everyday and the bar staff remember our drinks and personalities.

Cost and use:  While we try to use it every day when at sea or when coming back from ports, NCL has increased the price pretty high in comparison when it first came out.  And it really does depend on time of year whether it is worth it.  We've been in 3 Vibes (January and March) when it was simply too chilly to be there for long and while we still enjoy it we need to abandon it reluctantly due to the cold winds etc.   

I always marvel at the ones who purchase it and never come back after the first day - must have money to burn.  We try to make it worth the cost by using it when we can.  However if NCL keeps raising the cost, at certain times of year it might not be worth it i.e. Joy for New Years in the Pacific - too cold when at sea to be up there. 

Thank you for this overview. We’ve been on many cruises and have never gotten it.  We were just on the Getaway and the pool area was jammed, you had to be out there early to get loungers and the drink line ups were long. We’re going on a transatlantic out of San Juan next year so I’m exploring this as an option when it becomes available.

On 4/2/2023 at 1:21 AM, jrlamour said:

I don't know about the Viva or any other NCL ship for that matter. But Yesterday 4/12/2023, I was able to book the Vibe for the Getaway sailing 2/16/2024.  I have done the Posh/Vibe on every NCL ship I have been on since the year the Epic came out. This is the first time I won't have to rush to the ship, I am very happy about that. So at least with the Getaway I was able to book the Vibe Beach Club 310 days before sailing. I am doing a back to back, (booked under one confirmation), so actually that is probably at least 320 days before. However, I was not able to get a definitive response from NCL on how long before a cruise this would be possible. 

This can only be booked over the phone. ‭+1 (866) 234-7350‬ 

On the Epic the Haven members all had access to the Posh Sun deck included. I don't think the Vibe Beach Club works the same way on Breakaway class and Breakaway+ class ships.

Edited by nudistcruzer

11 minutes ago, nudistcruzer said:

I don't know about the Viva or any other NCL ship for that matter. But Yesterday 4/12/2023, I was able to book the Vibe for the Getaway sailing 2/16/2024.  I have done the Posh/Vibe on every NCL ship I have been on since the year the Epic came out. This is the first time I won't have to rush to the ship, I am very happy about that. So at least with the Getaway I was able to book the Vibe Beach Club 310 days before sailing. I am doing a back to back, (booked under one confirmation), so actually that is probably at least 320 days before. 

We have them for the Encore in February 2024 and the Joy in June 2024.   To the best of my knowledge they are not yet available for the Viva.  

I agree, it is absolutely wonderful to have them in advance and not have to participate in the mad rush.   

18 hours ago, nudistcruzer said:

I don't know about the Viva or any other NCL ship for that matter. But Yesterday 4/12/2023, I was able to book the Vibe for the Getaway sailing 2/16/2024.  

This can only be booked over the phone. ‭+1 (866) 234-7350‬ 

We were able to book the Vibe online (like you first time not rushing to headliners to purchase) in October for a May cruise on the getaway 

On 4/4/2023 at 8:38 PM, BirdTravels said:

We consider it a waste of money (along with the other 4420 people on the ship). 

All 4420 people consider it a waste, huh?  None of those 4420 actually consider it a must, but maybe it sold out before they could buy it?  And none of those 4420 have a neutral or no opinion? 

That's a rather obnoxious claim, even for you Bird.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

All 4420 people consider it a waste, huh?  None of those 4420 actually consider it a must, but maybe it sold out before they could buy it?  And none of those 4420 have a neutral or no opinion? 

That's a rather obnoxious claim, even for you Bird.

It is a must for us!   We will cancel our February 2025 Viva cruise if we cannot secure passes before final payment.   Already have two backup plans.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2023 at 10:58 AM, redmomof4 said:

We were able to book the Vibe online (like you first time not rushing to headliners to purchase) in October for a May cruise on the getaway 

I had to book over the phone, this was probably because I have a back to back cruise booked under the same booking number. But, I think they did tell me that one could only book over the phone, it is possible they were only talking about me. I paid a total of  $578 for all 20 days. Getaway (SAILING: 16-Feb-2024 to 7-Mar-2024).

• Like 2

On 4/4/2023 at 8:38 PM, BirdTravels said:

It's a private sundeck on big ships. NCL is selling you something that is free out on ocean avenue with a lot better seating. They sell between 80-300 passes (depending on the ship) for the 4500 passengers onboard. 

There are a few people who consider it a must. We consider it a waste of money (along with the other 4420 people on the ship). 

Certainly, if you don't want to be on deck or go to a pool bar, use a jacuzzi, or find a chaise lounge or have a convenient shower to cool off or generally be pampered it is a waste of money. Since they have always sold out on every cruise I have been on, clearly, many people do not feel this way.

Also, does Ocean ave have a hot tub, showers to cool off and always available very nice chaise lounges?

Also, if the Vibe Beach Club was ever overcrowded, that is, they sold too many passes, no one would ever buy Vibe Beach Club passes again and they would do away with the entire concept.  Certainly I have found value in the Club, or I would not keep buying it.  I assume you had a bad experience purchasing the Posh / Vibe Beach Club in the past; when was that cruise? 

Edited by nudistcruzer

22 hours ago, nudistcruzer said:

Certainly, if you don't want to be on deck or go to a pool bar, use a jacuzzi, or find a chaise lounge or have a convenient shower to cool off or generally be pampered it is a waste of money. Since they have always sold out on every cruise I have been on, clearly, many people do not feel this way.

Also, does Ocean ave have a hot tub, showers to cool off and always available very nice chaise lounges?

Also, if the Vibe Beach Club was ever overcrowded, that is, they sold too many passes, no one would ever buy Vibe Beach Club passes again and they would do away with the entire concept.  Certainly I have found value in the Club, or I would not keep buying it.  I assume you had a bad experience purchasing the Posh / Vibe Beach Club in the past; when was that cruise? 

OP is considering Vibe for their sailing on Viva. Ocean Ave on Viva will have a variety of comfortable seating, decent chaise loungers, infinity pools, and showers to cool off. Not sure about Viva, but Prima did not have hot tubs on Ocean Ave. If I sail Prima again, I would consider getting Vibe or Thermal suite passes because I felt that there were not enough hot tubs available on the main pool deck. I do think Vibe is overpriced. I also think Vibe would likely be a waste on a Bermuda trip in February. 

I did wish that Prima had an area that was adults only like Spice H2O on the Breakaway and most Breakaway plus class ships. Of course, if they continue building ships with limited available hot tubs, I will cruise with other lines that have included adult only areas that have hot tubs and pools such as Royal Caribbean or Holland America Line.