Viva Vibe Passes

jrlamour

On 4/7/2023 at 3:44 PM, jrlamour said:

Thank you for this overview. We’ve been on many cruises and have never gotten it.  We were just on the Getaway and the pool area was jammed, you had to be out there early to get loungers and the drink line ups were long. We’re going on a transatlantic out of San Juan next year so I’m exploring this as an option when it becomes available.

Did you try Spice H2O on Getaway? That is where I would go if the main pool area is too busy.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2023 at 3:21 PM, jrlamour said:

I keep reading where people are able to buy vibe passes months in advance. When I asked (via the chat function) they said they wouldn’t be available until 120 days before sail date. Is it because it’s a new ship? Has anyone been able to buy passes for the Viva yet? I’m on April 7, 2024 sailing out of San Juan.

Hi I'm also on that sailing. Can you explain what the pass is I have not heard about them

12 minutes ago, Ulysses FNQ said:

Hi I'm also on that sailing. Can you explain what the pass is I have not heard about them

It is a private, adults only sun deck. If you sit in the sun from sunrise to sunset (and the weather is perfect), then it is nice. It has a private bar and private Jacuzzis and small infinity pools.

image.png.ef7eaa3c058c2319f4a3d5d07592bd2e.pngimage.png.68c44225b9298dd016947da0845cd8f5.png

image.png.3e08efcabcda743067740b7b52c3a879.png

image.png.c9cea1d67e44b67a8252c73ef7f2bf3c.png

image.png

Edited by BirdTravels

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

It is a private, adults only sun deck. If you sit in the sun from sunrise to sunset (and the weather is perfect), then it is nice. It has a private bar and private Jacuzzis and small infinity pools.

image.png.ef7eaa3c058c2319f4a3d5d07592bd2e.pngimage.png.68c44225b9298dd016947da0845cd8f5.png

image.png

Thank you

17 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

image.png

I like your new Vibe answer! 🙂 

BTW, I don't think Vibe is for me, either. 

Wife loved the Vibe on Prima for no-hassle getting a lounger, having nearby drinks, and a not-crowded hot tub. 

Me? Wish the Vibe had more a 'vibe': it was way too quiet and dull. 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2023 at 4:25 AM, travellingguy said:

I always marvel at the ones who purchase it and never come back after the first day - must have money to burn. 

I am replying to an oldish post here but its funny.

We were in the Vibe on the Bliss last November.  On the Bliss the 19th desk is split between the Vibe and a public deck area that looks like the Vibe with the padded loungers but defiantly wasn't.

On the last full day of the cruise a lady who clearly had a pass opened the security door and stood there shocked, mouth agape, and then turned and quickly walked away.  She had spent the entire cruise on the public side of the 19th deck thinking that she was in the Vibe the whole time.

We related this to the bartender and he told us that a few cruises previously somebody complained to customer service that that there were kids running around the Vibe.  The bartender was shocked because there were no kids in the Vibe.  So he looked at the bar records and found that they had used the bar on the public side of the deck, but never used the bar on the vibe side of the deck. 

They both paid for the Vibe but never actually used it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2023 at 12:47 PM, fava said:

We were in the Vibe on the Bliss last November.  On the Bliss the 19th desk is split between the Vibe and a public deck area that looks like the Vibe with the padded loungers but defiantly wasn't.

On the last full day of the cruise a lady who clearly had a pass opened the security door and stood there shocked, mouth agape, and then turned and quickly walked away.  She had spent the entire cruise on the public side of the 19th deck thinking that she was in the Vibe the whole time.

We related this to the bartender and he told us that a few cruises previously somebody complained to customer service that that there were kids running around the Vibe.  The bartender was shocked because there were no kids in the Vibe.  So he looked at the bar records and found that they had used the bar on the public side of the deck, but never used the bar on the vibe side of the deck. 

I find this so sad for some reason.  

On 4/5/2023 at 1:38 AM, BirdTravels said:

It's a private sundeck on big ships. NCL is selling you something that is free out on ocean avenue with a lot better seating. They sell between 80-300 passes (depending on the ship) for the 4500 passengers onboard. 

There are a few people who consider it a must. We consider it a waste of money (along with the other 4420 people on the ship). 

We love the Vibe and on a warm weather cruise it’s a must for us. To just turn up when you are ready and have a great lounge chair, fab service and hot tubs with space or empty is so nice. We are willing to pay for that. We sail next on the Viva in September and are checking everyday and still can’t book online yet. I have tried phoning too and NCL reps can’t book it yet either. 
I appreciate your opinion that’s it a waste of money but I’m not sure that you can claim the other 4420 are with you (so you must be right) Some will be families that are not allowed as it’s an adults only area, some won’t know about it, some will find it outside of their budget, some were too late and it’s fully booked. 
There certainly felt like there was a lot of people who wanted it when we used to get to the port early and run to book it. That was on the 80 max and before pre booking. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ppcox said:

We love the Vibe and on a warm weather cruise it’s a must for us. To just turn up when you are ready and have a great lounge chair, fab service and hot tubs with space or empty is so nice. We are willing to pay for that. We sail next on the Viva in September and are checking everyday and still can’t book online yet. I have tried phoning too and NCL reps can’t book it yet either. 
I appreciate your opinion that’s it a waste of money but I’m not sure that you can claim the other 4420 are with you (so you must be right) Some will be families that are not allowed as it’s an adults only area, some won’t know about it, some will find it outside of their budget, some were too late and it’s fully booked. 
There certainly felt like there was a lot of people who wanted it when we used to get to the port early and run to book it. That was on the 80 max and before pre booking. 

I agree with you 100%.   As I have stated previously and often, the Vibe is a must for us.   We too have a Viva cruise booked and will cancel before final payment if we did not secure passes yet.   I hope you get your passes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/5/2023 at 7:25 AM, travellingguy said:

We have purchased Vibe on every NCL we've been on - Getaway, Escape, Breakaway, Bliss, Joy, Epic (Posh substitute for Vibe).  We are never in Haven (although would like to be). 

I see why there are 2 varying opinions:

Plus:  We consider Vibe a major must - we don't have children, don't use the pool or hot-tubs, and hate lining up for drinks.   We like the quiet adults only environment with better drink service, more comfortable loungers, and great views of ocean and ports during sailaway.  We also have met some great people there as the same people come almost everyday and the bar staff remember our drinks and personalities.

Cost and use:  While we try to use it every day when at sea or when coming back from ports, NCL has increased the price pretty high in comparison when it first came out.  And it really does depend on time of year whether it is worth it.  We've been in 3 Vibes (January and March) when it was simply too chilly to be there for long and while we still enjoy it we need to abandon it reluctantly due to the cold winds etc.   

I always marvel at the ones who purchase it and never come back after the first day - must have money to burn.  We try to make it worth the cost by using it when we can.  However if NCL keeps raising the cost, at certain times of year it might not be worth it i.e. Joy for New Years in the Pacific - too cold when at sea to be up there. 

I agree with you 100%.

We purchased the Vibe for our 16 -Day Transatlantic cruise and loved it.  We had great weather throughout the cruise and it was a fantastic place to hang out on "Sail-Away."  We had 6 sea days on that cruise.

We just purchased it again for our 15 day Southern Caribbean cruise on November 4th out of NYC.

I believe it is really worth it for a long cruise with multiple sea days and a good chance for good weather.  We also like to stay onboard for many ports that we have visited before on previous cruises. The service was great and the lounges are "padded and very comfy" and there are umbrellas for shade.  Also a hot tub and bathrooms is available in the area.  Located on the top deck, great for tanning!

I doubt that I would purchase it for a 7-day cruise, but a great place to hang out and escape the "chair hogs!'  

Although a bit pricey, so are the ship's excursions and a great substitute for that venue (and the food and drinks onboard are free with the drink package).  Therefore, not such a bad deal when you analyze it.😉

• Like 1

Just now, Healthmark said:

As I commented previously, we purchased our Vibe passes (on "MY NCL") for our November 4th cruise on the Getaway.

Yes, but I am inquiring about the passes for the Viva Vibe.   We, too, have Vibe passes already reserved for two future cruises but they are not on the Viva.

On 5/16/2023 at 12:47 PM, fava said:

That is my favorite secret spot on the Bliss. I hate they took it away on Encore to expand Vibe. We haven't paid for Vibe because we have always traveled with friends but found that small bar outside to have fantastic service. We like the liveliness of the pool deck when not overrun with kids. 

Since the ship is not yet finished, I think they are waiting to open this up. As soon as anyone reading this thread has booked the Vibe on the Viva, I'm sure they will update the thread. They have had to push back the first voyage a few times. Until the first voyage date is 100% assured, I don't think they will have opened this up.

Norwegian Cruise Line Delays Norwegian Viva's Debut to August 2023

It does look like she will be ready though. The sea trials are going on now as the interior work continues!

Norwegian Viva Sets Sail for Sea Trials 

You can check out her current position at: CruiseMapper: Norwegian Viva

Edited by nudistcruzer

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2023 at 6:26 AM, vacation44 said:

Anyone able to secure the passes yet?

Yes, I got mine for our Dec 6 2023 Viva cruise.  I secured them initially via the "chat" feature on the web but ultimately had to phone the Customer Service number to pay for them.  

I've heard that you should be able to buy them either via chat or phone for all cruises through Deve 31 2024.  People on 2025 cruises have reported inability to purchase, yet.

1 hour ago, PATRLR said:

Yes, I got mine for our Dec 6 2023 Viva cruise.  I secured them initially via the "chat" feature on the web but ultimately had to phone the Customer Service number to pay for them.  

I've heard that you should be able to buy them either via chat or phone for all cruises through Deve 31 2024.  People on 2025 cruises have reported inability to purchase, yet.

Yes, I commented to you on the other thread when you posted you were able to secure them.  I still have a Plan B just in case I cannot get them.  No Vibe, no Viva for us!

1 hour ago, catspajamasfan said:

Does anyone know if you can cancel Vibe after booking and get a refund? 

The Invoice for the Vibe Beach Club implies you can cancel and get a refund before the cruise. Double check this, when they are open.

Edited by nudistcruzer