Kings coronation

lindylooellalouise

6 hours ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi we will be onboard QV during the Kings coronation and was wondering what celebrations will be onboard, can’t find any information anywhere.

Yes, of course there will,   Just like every other major Royal Celebration (  eg the Platinum  Jubilee of 2022 or sadly the coverage of the funeral of the late Queen) 

Celebrations will take place across the fleet.  There is no need for Cunard to advise in advance, it'll all be in the onboard daily programme on the day.  

Edited by Bell Boy
  • Like 2

On 4/3/2023 at 1:28 PM, Bell Boy said:

Yes, of course there will,   Just like every other major Royal Celebration (  eg the Platinum  Jubilee of 2022 or sadly the coverage of the funeral of the late Queen) 

Celebrations will take place across the fleet.  There is no need for Cunard to advise in advance, it'll all be in the onboard daily programme on the day.  

Just curious what types of celebrations have they done in the past?   Special parties or toasts?  Fireworks off the deck?  Other things?

10 hours ago, Rothko1 said:

Just curious what types of celebrations have they done in the past?   Special parties or toasts?  Fireworks off the deck?  Other things?

in past???? 

well considering that there hasn't been a coronation since 1953.....there probably isn't anyone on here that can remember!   

I will be landlubbered that day but I will certainly be celebrating with champagne and cheers to "Long live the new king!"

with eyes peeled into the audience for any recently emigrated interlopers...

Edited by roscoe39
  • Haha 2

Aloha. I am confident that Cunard will celebrate in jolly olde fashion. I will be a special time. We love Cunard and were blessed to sail on the QV. The memories you will have will be cherished. Enjoy!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rothko1 said:

We were on an eastbound crossing on the QM2 during our Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations. There was a special jubilee tea with a lot of bunting and many tables of treats set up in the wide corridor that runs from the lobby to the Britannia Restaurant.  The Thames Pageant was shown live in both the Royal Court Theatre and Illuminations. Someone said it was also broadcast on the cabin televisions.

There was a special menu in all restaurants one night. In the Britannia Restaurant there was a rousing chorus of God Save the Queen followed by three cheers for Her Majesty. Even the World Club party in the Queen's Room was special. I was pleased that Canada's Jubilee emblem was used with the ice sculpture.

UK 2012 (Complete) 028.jpg

UK 2012 (Complete) 034.jpg

• Like 2

We were onboard QV for [I think] Harry's wedding. Whatever the Royal occasion, it was screened in the theatre and the Grills lounge and we had a Gala dinner with a specially produced souvenir menu [which I threw away and thus can't totally be 100% sure of the occasion] and a complimentary glass of something bubbly with dinner.

Also, docking in the Seychelles and again, I can't remember the occasion but there was a beautiful faux cake celebrating the Queen on the quayside in 'our' honour and again, a bit of a do onboard so quite frankly, I can't imaging a once, for many, in a lifetime Royal occasion, namely the coronation of a British monarch going uncelebrated in quite a big, but Cunard'ishly dignified, way.

• Like 1