Just how big is the Majestic?

erienetuser

As in, if I were to walk from one end to the other (unobstructed) how long would it take? How about walking from the Wake View Bar to the  Hollywood Conservatory? I've never been on a cruise and I'm having a hard time visualizing how big it.  Thanks!

If you walk end to end on a passenger cabin deck, it might take you 3-5 minutes at a semi brisk pace.  If you walk end to end on a deck with a lot of public spaces it could take a bit longer.

This is a video from the Coral Princess - the ship is about half the size of the Majestic, but really its only about 100' shorter (much narrower and shorter than the Majestic).  I think I took the video at about 4x speed, and walked on a public deck with a lot of venues.  I started near the entry to the forward lounge and stopped at the entry of the aft lounge, so I probably only walked 700' of the 900' or so of length on that particular deck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, erienetuser said:

Oh, less than I thought then.  I was picturing a 20 minute hike or so lol. Thanks!

figure 2-3 football field lengths

37 minutes ago, erienetuser said:

Oh, less than I thought then.  I was picturing a 20 minute hike or so lol. Thanks!

Funny, because when you read posts from people who insist on booking a cabin in a specific location because they want to be close to the pool, or the buffet, or this, or that, you would swear that being in a less desirable location would cost them a 20 minute walk. In reality, you can walk anywhere on the ship within 5 minutes if the elevators cooperate. If you take the stairs instead of an elevator, you can get anywhere in 10 minutes or less. Assuming unencumbered mobility. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, erienetuser said:

I would consider a 20 min walk at normal pace is appropriately a mile (5,280 feet).

The largest cruise ship or aircraft carrier is approximately 1,200 feet.

Hope that helps conceptually 🙂 

Cheers

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AZjohn said:

I would consider a 20 min walk at normal pace is appropriately a mile (5,280 feet).

The largest cruise ship or aircraft carrier is approximately 1,200 feet.

Hope that helps conceptually 🙂 

Cheers

That helps a lot, and I can do 3 miles in an hour so my pace must  be  average. Thanks!

• Like 1

The walk you mention, Wake View Bar to Hollywood Conservatory is around 3 1/2 football fields, about 1,000 feet. You would also have to take the elevator or stairs up one flight. Passenger most used public areas are on decks 5, 6 & 7 and then 16, 17 & 18. It is going between decks that can sometimes be frustrating, crowded elevators or lots of flights of stairs.   

If you are a person who tracks your steps and/or mileage walked, you will get lots and lots of walking on the Royal Class ship.   I do a 3 mile walk around the ship first thing in the morning, but than pick up an additional 4 miles through the day, just in the normal course of moving around the ship.

• Like 1