No Roll Call Notifications

4 hours ago, dasreiseteam said:

For over 2 weeks my daily roll call notifications have stopped. I checked the followed roll calls and notification frequency but can't figure out why I don't get the emails anymore? Who knows the answer to this problem?

@dasreiseteam

If your email address of choice has changed, be sure to have your Cruise Critic email address of record changed too. That is where Cruise Critic emails are sent to you. Please click the following: How To: Update your Cruise Critic Email Address

Please make sure you have the email address cruisecritic@invisioncloudcommunity.com white listed and/or on your safe senders list & in your Address Book contacts.

Perhaps you accidently marked one of the Cruise Critic emails as Spam. If so, I suggest you contact your email provider to see if that can be corrected.

Not sure how many email notifications you are receiving per day or at a time, but it could be your email provider is aggressive to prevent spam. Thinking that multiple emails in a row from Cruise Critic would be spam, they bounce one of the Cruise Critic emails back to Cruise Critic. Once one of the Cruise Critic notification emails to you is bounced back to Cruise Critic, then the Cruise Critic software stops sending you any further notification emails. 

Please email help@cruisecritic.com from your Cruise Critic email address of record and mention your user name. Explain the above possible bounce back situation and ask if the situation applies to your Cruise Critic account. IIRC, CC Help Michell can possibly investigate for the bounce back situation and possibly correct.

Regarding Notifications from your Followed threads, first make sure you are logged in with your user name & password. Click your user name located upper right over the small Search bubble in the blue bar. Next, click Account Settings. Under Other Settings, click Notification Settings. On the next page to appear, click Mentions & My Content and Followed ContentClick the little down arrow to open each section and make sure each item is set for your preference. 

Also, click this link:  Manage Followed Content You will see a list for Topics I Follow.

• To the right of each topic you can select change preference and make your choice OR you can completely unfollow the topic.  
  • You can also check the boxes next to each topic to make changes to multiple topic notification preferences at once
  • If you use our Gallery Feature, make sure to look at the left of the page when you are viewing your managed content.  There is a menu there to select the tabs for albums and images to choose how you receive notifications for items you follow there.

Personally, I no longer use email for Cruise Critic notifications. I have all mine set to Notification List. I just click the Notifications Bell (to the left of my user name over the small Search bubble) to get the clickable list for all of mine.

Hope something in this reply will be helpful! 🤞

Happy sails,

Host Kat 

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I follow several boards and threads and normally have upwards of 20 or more notifications but as of this morning, I'm not getting anything.  I've logged out and logged in again using my e-mail address and I have also reset my password.  Still nothing.  Any suggestions?

1 minute ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I follow several boards and threads and normally have upwards of 20 or more notifications but as of this morning, I'm not getting anything.  I've logged out and logged in again using my e-mail address and I have also reset my password.  Still nothing.  Any suggestions?

The advice I got was to change the settings, save them and change them back. Sort of worked for me, but I only get notifications for posts that quote me or relations to my posts. Still can't get notifications of new posts in streams I follow.

I have a custom stream that includes new posts in threads I follow and that seems to still be working.

I'm having the same problem. I haven't received any notifications for threads that I'm following since Saturday. When I go into these threads, I can see new posts.

2 minutes ago, Redking said:

I'm having the same problem. I haven't received any notifications for threads that I'm following since Saturday. When I go into these threads, I can see new posts.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the Search function update that happened the other day.  I'm also noticing that many threads show the number of views at Zero even though it may have as many as 3 pages of replies.  Something is amiss...

1 minute ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the Search function update that happened the other day.  I'm also noticing that many threads show the number of views at Zero even though it may have as many as 3 pages of replies.  Something is amiss...

I agree. Thought it was a problem over our side of the world, but seems it's everyone. Hopefully we'll get an update soon. I didn't realise how much I enjoy getting notified about everyone's posts 🤞

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

This ia about the fourth time it has happened. Happened before the search function upgrate. You may not have noticed.. I posted about the issue, they fixed it and my post disappeared.  

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Redking said:

Me, too! Glad I'm not the only one.

11 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

This ia about the fourth time it has happened. Happened before the search function upgrate. You may not have noticed.. I posted about the issue, they fixed it and my post disappeared.  

I didn’t see your post but glad to know it was eventually fixed. I’ve gone into my notification settings to make sure I’ve selected the appropriate boxes. Still not receiving most notifications. Is there a support person I can contact or should I just hope someone in IT sees my post?

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I didn’t see your post but glad to know it was eventually fixed. I’ve gone into my notification settings to make sure I’ve selected the appropriate boxes. Still not receiving most notifications. Is there a support person I can contact or should I just hope someone in IT sees my post?

Email community@cruisecritic.com. include username, use email of record.

• Thanks 2

I just did a search here for "notifications" as I'm having this same issue - no new notifications since Friday, February 9th.  I sent an email to help@cruisecritic.com but still have not had any reply, nor any resolution.  I had already tried changing notifications, but that does not seem to have fixed anything for me either.  Fingers crossed it gets fixed before too much longer. 🥴

• Like 1

Just now, kamelia said:

I just did a search here for "notifications" as I'm having this same issue - no new notifications since Friday, February 9th.  I sent an email to help@cruisecritic.com but still have not had any reply, nor any resolution.  I had already tried changing notifications, but that does not seem to have fixed anything for me either.  Fingers crossed it gets fixed before too much longer. 🥴

I don’t think there is anything we can do to fix it. Surprised there has been no information from the admins. Not even a we are working on it post or notice. It is like everyone is asleep. Not even our helpful moderator on this forum has said a word. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Charles4515 said:

I don’t think there is anything we can do to fix it. Surprised there has been no information from the admins. Not even a we are working on it post or notice. It is like everyone is asleep. Not even our helpful moderator on this forum has said a word. 

This is odd - I DID get a notification that you had quoted one of my posts...  Just nothing from threads I've been following for a lot longer... ?

2 minutes ago, kamelia said:

This is odd - I DID get a notification that you had quoted one of my posts...  Just nothing from threads I've been following for a lot longer... ?

Notifications of quotes of our posts and notifications of reactions to posts have been working. Only the other notifications are not working. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1