Holland America Line Launches Online Database of Passenger Lists

VMax1700

In celebration of its 150th anniversary, Holland America Line is introducing an online resource that provides a personal look at the cruise line’s passenger lists dating back to the 1900s the cruise line’s connection to revealing immigration stories, according to a press release.

Center for Family History (CBG) partnered with Rotterdam City Archives spending three years digitizing the cruise line’s passenger logs from 1900 to 1969. Those interested can now access this database online by clicking on this link here.

Holland America Line’s online resource includes approximately 150,000 passenger logs and documents that can be accessed from home. The cruise line is encouraging everyone to search the database to find out if any of their ancestors may have sailed with Holland America Line during that time period. The list of alco includes a few well-known names.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Those interested can now access this database online by clicking on this link here.

Thanks, VMax1700. I found my great-grandfather's listing (+ 4 unnamed family members) from a 1902 European trip.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, weacat said:

Is this log missing some years - From 1940-1952?

Here is Captain Albert's blog telling the story of the Holland America Line ships that were being used by the Allies during World War 2 and after.

38 minutes ago, Destiny0315 said:

Here is Captain Albert's blog telling the story of the Holland America Line ships that were being used by the Allies during World War 2 and after.

Do you have the link?

Thanks,

~Nancy

9 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

Could you point to how I find the English version?  

I can't point to it but I can circle it!  Right hand side of the home page and click 'English'.

Screenshot2023-04-07140444.thumb.jpg.ce83fb7de865395ca7f39011ccf2a4bb.jpg

Wonderful!  We think we found my wife's grandfather's trip to Germany in 1951 on the Nieuw Amsterdam.  She always had heard it was on a HAL ship but didn't know exactly when or which one.

Here is the link to use the website in English:

https://stadsarchief.rotterdam.nl/english/search/passengers_HAL/?mivast=184&mizig=231&miadt=184&milang=en&miview=tbl

Click on Advanced Search and enter name or date.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

I can't point to it but I can circle it!  Right hand side of the home page and click 'English'.

Screenshot2023-04-07140444.thumb.jpg.ce83fb7de865395ca7f39011ccf2a4bb.jpg

4 hours ago, Torquer said:

Wonderful!  We think we found my wife's grandfather's trip to Germany in 1951 on the Nieuw Amsterdam.  She always had heard it was on a HAL ship but didn't know exactly when or which one.

Here is the link to use the website in English:

https://stadsarchief.rotterdam.nl/english/search/passengers_HAL/?mivast=184&mizig=231&miadt=184&milang=en&miview=tbl

Click on Advanced Search and enter name or date.

Thank you both.  It must be because I am on my iPad, but the page cuts at the end of the Contact heading.

Edited by Iamthesea

• 1 month later...

Thank you for posting this excellent link. I missed it when initially posted while travelling.

It provided my wife with hours of enjoyment last evening searching the records for her father's emigration to Canada from the Netherlands shortly after WW2 as well as other family members and friends.  She will be utilizing the link again this evening for further searches.

• Thanks 1