(Semi?) - Live From the Sun | Panama Canal | MIA to SEA 04/21 - 05/11

Overall passengers appear to be in good spirits. The "for your enjoyment/convenience" (as @mking8288 would say) extended stay in Cartagena does not appear to be causing distress. I myself am wondering how tense this gets as people begin to retire for the evening into little hot boxes if the A/C is one of the last systems to come online.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, smillerholmes said:

Overall passengers appear to be in good spirits. The "for your enjoyment/convenience" (as @mking8288 would say) extended stay in Cartagena does not appear to be causing distress. I myself am wondering how tense this gets as people begin to retire for the evening into little hot boxes if the A/C is one of the last systems to come online.

Update: my cabin has power. Yay!

I am going to go ahead and get some spa services since port day pricing is extended.  For my convenience of course.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, smillerholmes said:

Update: my cabin has power. Yay!

I am going to go ahead and get some spa services since port day pricing is extended.  For my convenience of course.

I'm still concerned about the Limited Bar Service. I hope they have that solved before my October boarding!

4 hours ago, www3traveler said:

WOW!!!  What an adventure.  Have they said why the power was out?

When you can, would you please be kind enough to post a list of the Officers-- both Bridge and Hotel?  Thank You

I have very fond memories of a cruise on The Sun a long time ago.

I will try as soon as things normalize.

Status update: only the buffet available for dinner service. A/C is better in some places. They are still closing relatively early. They are in the process of roping everything off right now. 

Also noted as I was leaving my cabin there are still some cabins and other areas of the ship with problems.  I saw three different groups of 3 addressing areas around the ship

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, smillerholmes said:

Captain's announcement:  Engineers have addressed all issues. We are waiting for a required port inspection. Another port day in Cartagena. All aboard time is 15:00. Yikes!

Prayers for you, all the other passengers and of course all of the staff.

Thank you for keeping the outside world as informed as you can.

I hope the rest of your cruise goes well.

• Thanks 1

On 4/23/2023 at 4:12 PM, smillerholmes said:

As we approached there were 5 ships readily visible, there could have been more.  Because I had been waiting to hear about my upgrade (that did not happen!) I didn't print my luggage tags, so when we got off the bus I had to wait for a porter to make a manual tag.  He was quick and efficient, but a couple of people left their bags near his work station that already had tags on them - as they were walking away he flat out asked them for a tip to handle their bags.  Interesting.  Even more interesting the passenger that left his bag turned around and said "that's what you get paid to do".  Oh my!

Considering how good the hourly wage the porters make, asking for a tip is pathetic.  I had a porter basically tell me to tip him in New Orleans many years ago, part of my response was "don't be a beggar."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1