Live from the Eclipse, Apr 19 - May 21, Sydney to Honolulu to Vancouver B3B in an Aqua Cabin

Ken the cruiser

1 minute ago, asnaleah said:

Safe travels! Thanks for taking us all along.

Thanks, and hopefully it’s going to be another wonderful adventure across the Pacific with plenty of fun times to be had. I know I’ve mentioned it a few times before, but we are so excited that Eddy Jenkins is going to be the CD!

5 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Have a safe flight Ken.  Looking forward to reading about your safe arrival in Sydney. 

Any plans to go up to Kings Cross for drinks and or a meal? 

Thanks! We have a Celebrity transfer booked from the airport to the ship once we arrive in Sydney. Now when that actually happens since we arrive at 6:30 am is anyone’s guess. But that’s pretty much where we will be headed. 

46 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks! We have a Celebrity transfer booked from the airport to the ship once we arrive in Sydney. Now when that actually happens since we arrive at 6:30 am is anyone’s guess. But that’s pretty much where we will be headed. 

Did not realize you were going 'directly' to the ship.  But I guess flying that far and with the date change it makes sense.  

2 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Did not realize you were going 'directly' to the ship.  But I guess flying that far and with the date change it makes sense.  

Another reason is this will be our 3rd visit to Sydney. We went on a Diamond Princess cruise out of Sydney to NZ back in 2015 and then again on the HAL Maasdam in 2019 on an Australia circumnavigation. That’s why we really didn’t need to arrive in Sydney a few days early as we pretty much have seen many of the touristy sites those last 2 times, with one exception. We didn’t have time to tour the Opera House, which we’re going to rectify on our first transition day. 😁

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, TreeCity said:

3 and half hours before I fly out out San Francisco. Have not heard a cough yet 🙂 and I have a 10.5 hour layover. 

That is great news! Hope your streak continues. To be honest since we got to our Qantas gate, the coughing has been almost nonexistent. Hopefully we’ll have a bunch of healthy folks on our flight too! 🤞

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

It's definitely going to be a fun cruise, especially with Eddy Jenkins as the Cruise Director!! 😃

We were on the ship as it transferred to AU. The opposite of your cruise. It was a great cruise.  My husband was worried also about all the sea days but we managed to fill each day.  Loved the cruise.  Tahiti was beautiful. Loved New Zealand. We glad Sue Denny as our CD.  She was fabulous.  We liked this so well we are signed up for the Solstice TP next year from Sydney to Honolulu.  It is a different itinerary stopping in Fiji and Samoa. Looking forward to this cruise next April. Have a wonderful cruise.  It will be great.  Louise

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We landed at the Sydney airport around 6:30 am after a 16 hour and 35 minute on an uneventful Qantas flight from Dallas. One lesson we did learn was that when preparing to go through Customs at the airport is to first check in at one the ePassport kiosks. We initially thought it was just for Australia and NZ passport holders, as we had never heard the term “ePassports” before. But after asking around, we found out it was also for US and other accepted country passport holders as well. It definitely speeds up getting through their Customs process!

Then after picking up our luggage, we went looking for the Celebrity person to check in for our transfer to the ship. To our surprise we were the only ones on the flight that had booked a transfer and were privately chauffeured to the ship in a Mercedes minivan and arrived around 8:30, just as passengers were disembarking. 

So with about 2 hours before checkin started, we found a restaurant with tables outside and had some coffee and hot chocolate before walking over to the Opera House which took about 15 minutes. Along the way I took some pictures.

IMG_3548.thumb.jpeg.942cee641b9ac529100db4262fd8753b.jpeg

IMG_3550.thumb.jpeg.006bb61d111d0a03f0760f05a64bf4d6.jpeg

Of course, I had to take some photos of the wildlife we encountered along the way. 😁

IMG_3552.thumb.jpeg.a795ab0f1986d7a5652716d79f85b5ec.jpeg

To include one of the elusive Australian sea gull!

IMG_3560.thumb.jpeg.0f963f94cfe74870a23ce72b4fa1d281.jpeg

IMG_3555.thumb.jpeg.18922acac185dd6af2473ca38c4f9704.jpeg

We finally made it to our Aqua cabin around 11:30. 

IMG_3563.thumb.jpeg.952c91e8d4bf272b210a540923fb4382.jpeg

IMG_3564.thumb.jpeg.563fd0b1863f56714501cf9d70262f17.jpeg

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, phabric said:

You must be very tired after your long flight

That’s for sure. We took some naps along the way, but flying coach can get a little cramped on these super long flights. To be honest after this one we both agreed we’re prettying much done with 16+ hour flights, especially after going on a similar flight from Cape Town to Atlanta this past December. We’re just getting too old and since this is our 3rd time flying to Sydney to go on a cruise, our bucket list item for cruising in this part of the world has definitely been pretty well checked! 😁

• Like 10

Just now, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks! Where are you off to tomorrow?

Our daughter and son in law will be coming to pick us up tomorrow afternoon/evening and taking us to the Wasjington Dulles Marriot Suites.  We stay there when we have a morning flight.  On Thursday morning we will fly from Dulles to Ft Lauderdale and spend the night.  Board Millennium Friday morning for a 15-day East to West Panama Canal cruise.  

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Our daughter and son in law will be coming to pick us up tomorrow afternoon/evening and taking us to the Wasjington Dulles Marriot Suites.  We stay there when we have a morning flight.  On Thursday morning we will fly from Dulles to Ft Lauderdale and spend the night.  Board Millennium Friday morning for a 15-day East to West Panama Canal cruise.  

Cool! Cruising through the Panama Canal is always fun! Have a wonderful cruise!! 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So happy to have breakfast and reading that you have arrived safe and uneventful🕺🏻❤️

It’s the same captain, hotel manager as our Alaska+Hawaii sailing. 
Really jealous on your Sydney harbour walk🤩 That view is always spectacular….

(I will “drown” my jealousy on a ship visit today😌️ Fred Olsen is arriving in Oslo, Bolette) We are considering a British cruise, so I called and asked if I could visit for a view and feel the vibe of the ship…..  They called me back and said yes🥰 

• Like 5