Oasis class: star loft. Opinions please

We are considering one of the star loft suites on either the Oasis or Symphony OTS.  There are two suites in this category.  One suite faces the stern (overlooking the mini golf), the other faces out to sea.  Can anyone comment on their experience in either of these rooms (such as noise, size of balcony, layout of room, etc.?

22 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I’ve stayed in both (Harmony) and definitely prefer the water-facing one.  While the aft-facing one definitely has a bigger balcony, it is a bit more cramped upstairs.

Agree with the cramped upstairs Raye

on the Aft SLS crazy design 

ADD:
Also Symphony and Harmony SLS have a bathtub upstairs 

Oasis does not, if a tub is important to you 

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 1

A view points for the aft facing cabin for both ships to consider.  They may translate to the ocean view SLS as well.  We sailed on Harmony in January and Oasis in March in the aft racing suite. 

The upstairs Symphony has a TV which lowers from the ceiling, a privacy sheer/curtain along the glass balcony and a shower tub combo.  The upstairs closet has no shelves. 

Oasis has a permanently mounted small TV at bed height along the glass wall railing which is incredibly hard to watch, a 2 person shower with rain head and separate controls for all three, and a awkwardly installed privacy sheer as an after thought along the edge of the bed.  We do like the shower. The upstairs closet has selves. 

Oasis on the main level has more space between the dining table and back wall storage is double that of Harmony. We all noticed it when we put stuff in the drawers in March. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

On 4/10/2023 at 7:10 PM, PompeySailor said:

Agree with the cramped upstairs Raye

on the Aft SLS crazy design 

ADD:
Also Symphony and Harmony SLS have a bathtub upstairs 

Oasis does not, if a tub is important to you 

Hi.

Is the upstairs Cramped on the Sea Facing Loft Suites ?

Does the Bath have the Shower over it ?

T.Y.I.A

While on a cruise we booked a Star Loft Suite at the Next Cruise desk. pre-COVID. The salesperson suggested that we book the side/ocean view as we would be much happier with it. He also said that even though it is a side/ocean view, you can still see at least a portion of the rear.  So, we did.  HOWEVER, as luck would have it, the cruise was canceled because of COVID.  But, I've heard much the same as here, the side/ocean view is much preferred.  Sup2U.

1 hour ago, mrpie90 said:

Hi.

Is the upstairs Cramped on the Sea Facing Loft Suites ?

Does the Bath have the Shower over it ?

T.Y.I.A

We have only stayed in the Aft facing SLS, so I would not be able to answer accurately.

The Aft bath & shower is a combo

6EA1EE63-B624-4013-AD82-54DEDD5B19EF.thumb.jpeg.5a055526644f3342d5b9ccf205ba1529.jpeg

Edited by PompeySailor