Studio Cabins

realnice46

1 hour ago, Ellipooh said:

I’m 5’11” so this is a concern. Are there provided shampoo and body wash affixed to the walls? I’m not particular about “my” brand for a 7-day trip, esp if I can avoid bending down and hitting my head. 

Yes they have some attached to wall. I have my shave cream and shampoo and conditioner on the floor so that is why I have to bend down. There is a coffee machine in the lounge. But I don’t drink coffee. Afternoon Snacks are same cookies and pound cake that is in the buffet. Breakfast is same croissants and pastries at buffet too. I actually go to buffet most of the time since I don’t drink coffee and there is more selection at the buffet. But it’s convenient if you don’t want to go upstairs. The first day they had water and lemonade. Then second day for breakfast it became orange juice and water and it’s been orange juice ever since. Also to answer a question I asked before boarding. I did buy a coke from the studio lounge bar tender. Was a can for $4.20

• Like 1

On my first cruise without my husband, I decided to try a Studio cabin on my upcoming Escape NE/Canada trip in September. I plan to make a full report, including measurements, allergenic issues, noise, the lounge and other specialty considerations. I assume I won't be having any space issues, since I'm only 5'1" and 170 lbs. Obese, but not to the point of not fitting into things.

I think my one problem might be how to have my stool at the little desk, but also have a table for my CPAP next to the bed. I don't want to have to move my machine each morning, but not the end of the world if I do have to.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ellis1138 said:

I think my one problem might be how to have my stool at the little desk, but also have a table for my CPAP next to the bed. I don't want to have to move my machine each morning, but not the end of the world if I do have to.

when i was in a studio on the breakaway a few years ago, i used my suitcase as a makeshift table when i needed extra space to put things on

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

when i was in a studio on the breakaway a few years ago, i used my suitcase as a makeshift table when i needed extra space to put things on

I was thinking of that, too, but I have a softside suitcase. I'm going to request a second stool or a small side table and see what NCL says. I could also just decide to do any desk type stuff in the lounge at a table and use the stool for the CPAP machine.

On 4/12/2023 at 2:57 PM, lepidoptera said:

Just adding my thoughts to everyone else’s:

In my opinion the layout is better than an inside cabin. Since the bed is off to the side instead of in the middle of the cabin you can move around easily versus having to shuffle around. The bed does not have the crack down the middle of mattress since it cannot separate. I know some people think they are too small to cruise in but I find them incredibly well designed and preferable to a regular inside or ocean view. I like that people have to key card into the studio area. It keeps it  quieter since there aren’t as many people passing through and having drunken conversations at 2 am. 

Studio lounge.. It does have a nice coffee machine that can make lattes etc. 

yes I agree I like the fact that NCL puts them up higher in ship and inside walls and well contained.

I like the lounge except when a few grandma's are staying in studios and opens the door for rest of family to come in a help themselves to all the cookies.   

Lounge won't have ice machine at all.

And if on the Breakaway, forward rooms you can hear the theatre shows bass and thumping until 10pm.  overall studios are a good deal.

One can lean over and get into drawers and easy to get things.  and YES the bed will be a size between twin and regular and NO crack down the middle.   

28 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Lounge won't have ice machine at all.

That’s a bit disappointing. Since there’s no fridge in the Studio cabins, we’re left to ask the overworked steward or trudge up the the buffet?  Fooey. 

9 minutes ago, Ellipooh said:

we’re left to ask the overworked steward or trudge up the the buffet?

For ice?  I'm sure they have someplace in the crew-access area that has an ice machine to bring ice for any cabin asking for it.

The BA+ ships (Escape, Bliss, Encore) don't have a bar in the lounge.  A couple times on the Bliss (back in 2019) the solo host got a server to come to the solo meet and get drinks.  On the Escape a month ago they had one almost every night that would come to the solo meet, get drink orders and bring them from a nearby bar.

• Like 1