Fast breakfast venue

IDL

2 minutes ago, IDL said:

What are recommendations for a relatively fast breakfast venue if we have an early shore excursion? We will be on the Vista, which I realize has not sailed yet. 

Waves and Terrace are good for a quick meal and delicious,,,,,

Either Terrace Cafe or Waves.   Or order room service.   Depends on what you want.  The Grand Dining Room has an Express Breakfast option, but have never tried it.

Joe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IDL said:

What are recommendations for a relatively fast breakfast venue if we have an early shore excursion? We will be on the Vista, which I realize has not sailed yet. 

What do you typically eat? We can be specific (at least with respect to existing ships) if you specify "smoothie" or "muffin" as opposed to "omelet".

18 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

What do you typically eat? We can be specific (at least with respect to existing ships) if you specify "smoothie" or "muffin" as opposed to "omelet".

Probably some days light such as a parfait or oatmeal and other days probably an omelet or such. 

For our 10 nights on Riviera (12/2021) we did every breakfast but one at Waves (the other in our A3 cabin, room service, just to check it out). For our most recent 10 nights on Sirena (11/2022) we did every breakfast at Waves. AND we got off the boat first thing at every port, having excursions to get to. Of course, tendering days a bit different than just walk off the ship mornings. 

I just remembered...Baristas on Marina and Riviera has a good spread for your non-omelet days, so Vista will likely have something similar. I was searching for the room service menu when I ran across the following photos of Baristas:

Oh, and here is the elusive Waves breakfast menu (I can never find it when I'm looking):

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LHT28 said:

here is the menu  after searching the above post

4D2CB233-064F-45A8-B3E4-1E826A49EE4A.jpe

If you click on the top shaded portion of the post it goes to the correct post...anywhere else and you have to search...weird CC IT-thing when adding links (just inserting the link would be sufficient IMO but CC posts more). I'll try to remember to list the post number in the future now that I know.

1 minute ago, AMHuntFerry said:

If you click on the top shaded portion of the post it goes to the correct post...anywhere else and you have to search...weird CC IT-thing when adding links (just inserting the link would be sufficient IMO but CC posts more). I'll try to remember to list the post number in the future now that I know.

I guess I clicked on the wrong part of your post 

yes sometimes  CC is a bit difficult  😃

Just now, LHT28 said:

I guess I clicked on the wrong part of your post 

yes sometimes  CC is a bit difficult  😃

It's so annoying because I always check my links...didn't think of clicking elsewhere, ugh! At least the menu is now in at least 2 places so it won't be as hard to find (now I'm fooling myself 😅)

• Haha 1

One thing that will impact your decision is how early is early.  Waves opens earlier than Terrace Buffet.  So if it's really early (and we've had one of those) your only choice would be Waves. They have good breakfasts, though.

If you do not get there soon after they open, the Terrace does become increasingly zoo like but I prefer it to Waves for no special reason.  Terrace has opened early on some occasions-either a port where many are going off early or on debarkation day.  It is easy to get hot or cold food quickly if you take what is already made so that you do not leave the ship hungry but early it is still easy to get an egg or omelot made quickly too.

Just got off the Riviera. We were in a PH2. Had breakfast delivered every morning except one to our cabin. Arrived exactly at the time requested. We ordered the night before. Omelets, croissants and everything else were great. Tried the the Terrace Cafe one morning and was not too crowded but............nothing beats the fantastic room service we received. 

• Like 1