Upgrade Drink Package Discount

ScottC4746

50 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We upgraded and got our E+ discount off of the price in the cruise planner for both upgrading wi-fi and the beverage package. 

I’m planning or hoping to do the same.  Did the Captains club desk apply both discounts for you or did you do the cruise planner discount first and then call ?   

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Sorry, I don't mean to be dense but I have a question.  Is the 18.99 the result of the 5% discount or is it 5% off 18.99?  We are booked on the Ascent for a 4 nighter and it includes the Classic package.  We have the Elite discount of 15% and I was going to upgrade us to Premium on board.  I'm just trying to figure out what the price is pp/pd without any discounts so I can estimate the cost to upgrade with the 15% discount.  Also wondering, is the discount taken before or after the added gratuity?

If you call and upgrade before you cruise you can add your 15% Elite discount.  Last I heard you could not use the Elite discount onboard but only pre-cruise. 

• Thanks 1

Personally we don’t drink enough and have a palette that distinguishes premium liquor so we get Classic.  And if we order a shot of Baileys, it costs us an extra $1 and if we order a special martini, it costs us an extra $5.  But we don’t drink enough of these upgraded drinks to make it worthwhile to upgrade

1 minute ago, Gia2cats said:

While I only have a few alcoholic drinks a day, I get my money’s worth drinking San Pelligrino. I will probably drink 4-5 per day. They are only included on the Premium package. 

I’m the same. Between the San Pelligrino and also Red Bulls, I definitely get my money’s worth for the premium upgrade. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gia2cats said:

While I only have a few alcoholic drinks a day, I get my money’s worth drinking San Pelligrino. I will probably drink 4-5 per day. They are only included on the Premium package. 

With me it is not only San Pelligrino but the Vitamin Zero waters.  I go through at least three of those a day.  An occasional Arizona Ice Tea mid-afternoon is refreshing as well.  I like getting them unopened and stocking my mini bar with them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

Last year on the Solstice we had a limit.  

Oh wow!  I have never heard of that before!!!  I request a water every time I order an alcoholic beverage so I'm sure that on a sea day I have "ordered" quite a few drinks in total.  Hope this isn't the case of having a limit when we are on the Equinox in June.

14 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

I know but the poster above said they did it online which is why I was asking how they did that. 

You mis-read the person you quoted. They called and got the Captain’s Club discount on the already discounted cruise planner price. 

1 hour ago, RichYak said:

You mis-read the person you quoted. They called and got the Captain’s Club discount on the already discounted cruise planner price. 

Ah yes you’re right! It makes more sense now when I read it back.